What Are You Doing Right Now?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Nobody, Oct 23, 2011.

1. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Listening to Erik Satie. I'd heard Gymnopedie No 1 and Gnossiene No 1 before but didn't know the composer...wonderful music.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hellenologophobia Registered Senior Member

I’m thinking about taking a cooking class to learn how to make the ultimate omelet.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

I have a problem with Greek language as well.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Throwing a football while surfing the internet

I made a target where its a net then it comes around like a tube to my feet, so I don't have to move. I get bored when I'm surfing lol

8. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Damn! Where are eggs when you need them, lol....

I want to bake a carrot cake and now there is only one egg left in the fridge. Most recipes want more than that, 3 or 4.

Solution: Scale the recipe down to 1 egg (recipe site automatically adjusts all other quantities), use a small loaf pan instead of a 9 x 13 cake pan and reduce cooking time.

Off to see if my theory works.

9. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

In other words, you are practicing your multi-tasking. Clever to design a return for the football.

If you are bored, then change something, LOL.

Back later. A mission in the kitchen pending.

10. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I'm not allowed to watch TV or play video games atm, video games only for 1 hour on Saturday, and TV only 14 hours a week, I wasted 4.5 on Sunday, so I have 9.5 left, must spend wisely.

There's a reason why I'm a good student and a good athlete and its not that I'm like a super human, I don't have much else to do when I'm not chilling with friends. So, most of my free time alone is surfing the internet (I'm at least allowed to do that

), training and studying. My parents thinks that games and TV are a waste of my life, but I'm allowed to play Madden and the sports I play once every few days (doesn't count towards weekend and TV) because I told my parents my coach said it helps and I need the experience, and I'm allowed to watch lectures by professors lol (believe it or not I actually developed a taste for good lectures).

My girlfriend left for Alberta this morning (alone for Christmas :bawl: lol). Too tired to hang with friends, texting and facebooking instead lol

11. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Horses have had their late afternoon bait of hay and my experimental carrot cake is in the oven. Must pay close attention to the cooking time and have set the timer for 30 minutes to start.

Your parents are teaching you the value of self discipline and time management and I am sure you will appreciate the value of these lessons. I am already impressed that you have communication skills that exceed those of many adults. These will stand you in good stead throughout your life, IMO.

That's kind of sad that your girlfriend will be gone over Christmas. Will she be back in time to celebrate the New Year with you?

From this experience, too, you will come to appreciate the adage that 'absence makes the heart grow fonder.'

Sometimes, if my mind is fried from surfing the net, I will engage the computer in SCRABBLE, a relaxing past-time for me, and then I just check the forums at intervals in the event something posted provides inspiration.

12. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Yeah, if you look at it logically its true but man, its hard...I can see it's benefits every time there's a test and a game, but its hard...it's not easy

I dunno, maybe, last year she went to Utah for Christmas (her mom's side came from Utah...well, we're Mormons lol) and New Years.

This year, it's just Alberta so maybe.

Yeah I check this forum every few minutes for a refresher, usually collegehumor provides the comic relief I need

13. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

@ sche:
    Pureed apples, applesauce and/or a pureed banana can be substituted for eggs in recipes...yes it will change the taste a bit, but you're making a cake anyway.
    Applesauce works the best, really.
    Since we vegans don't use eggs, well...
    Right now I am at work.
    I am dwelling on the fact that a case of munchies and lazies combined has led to a need to take off the same 10 pounds...

again...

14. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Yes, it's hard, but to experience the exceptional in life requires exceptional effort, in my experience.

Just saying.....

Humor is good. These guys crack me up.

15. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Thanks, chimpkin.

This was a new recipe to me so making a small batch serves a couple of purposes. I don't end up with a large batch of cake if it turns out to be less than exceptional and it's also a nice to be able to turn out a small amount of calories when the urge hits to lead me not into temptation, lol....

I can share this smaller recipe with single folks who may not want to make large batches of goodies for the same reason. Yes, one can freeze the excess but it's not quite the same as fresh from the oven.

Mt 'test' is now baked and looks very promising. I'll wait until morning to put a bit of cream cheese icing on it. A decadent breakfast to look forward to and the flavors will have a chance to round out overnight.

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Starting to do my weekly cleaning around the house now so off I go for awhile to tidy up the crib and get the critters out once again.

17. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

LOL.....This determination is arrived at when the 'dust bunnies' get large enough that one is tempted to give them names.

18. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Well my "critters" are actually lizards that sneak into my house and take up residency without payment, which I will not tolerate!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  19. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Is that some kind of a Gecko? Are you able to catch and release or must you use more forceful and permanent methods?

20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

No, its a lizard not affiliated with any geckos that I know about. I try to "shu"them out with a broom and they usually get the message but sometimes do have to hand catch the critters which isn't easy at my age.

21. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

My work relief did not bother to show up...he was supposed to find someone to cover for him and did not
    I am stuck at work an extra 3 hours.
    I had shopping that will now not get done. Thanks, bro.

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

23. Twelve Registered Senior Member

I have just read an email from a friend. It's a Christmas card. She used to send me a lovely Christmas card with a picture of her children by regular mail every year, but it seems she has chosen to send an online Christmas card now. I am very pleased with her card -of course-, but I think that a Christmas card written it out by hand and reached from your mailbox is more emotional.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011