What ARE 'UFOs' and 'ET' contacts?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by duendy, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Silas asimovbot Registered Senior Member

Whohoah! Paging Dr. Freud! Paging Dr. Freud!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Six years ago when I was mentally at a low ebb, depressed, very much alone and in need of help, I started to suffer from sleep paralysis. Fortunately I'd heard something of it, so I was predisposed to the naturalistic explanation. I did, however, take the opportunity to have an out-of-body experience while I could. Unfortunately I wasn't able to do anything verifiable with it. My "other presence" was not so much an actual presence (real or alien) but my very real terror that if there was somebody I was utterly unable to do anything about it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. duendy Registered Senior Member

hahah...it's all just a dream to you. but think on this/ you don't seem t make any connection between dreaming, and an Imagnal realm. don't know if you know what i mean. that there is a dimensions that is a continuum with dreaming but also something more. that in a materilaitc fram of mind we demarcate 'awakenss' with dreaming. as is doen with 'rationality' and 'imagination'....BUT there is possibly a dimension that is not SO strictly bounded as your mind seems to imagine

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. duendy Registered Senior Member

Also, i feel must mention this. i notice on the two occasions you have had 'non-ordinary' experiences. they have cause you stress
    do you think your strong reluctance to entertain a deeper dimenson of experience may be due to your freakout experiences?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

Did you write the scripts for the Freddy Krueger movies? Your "messing with the boundry between dreams + reality".

There must be thread somewhere for people to describe + interpret the wierdest dream they ever remember having..

8. duendy Registered Senior Member

Well, i am sure the Freddy Kreuger creators didn't patent this idea of the merging of 'dreaming' and 'reality'

this here now whatever it is, has been termed 'Maya' by Eatern religious thought. 'Maya' means illusion, but also an interpretation can be 'Play' or 'magic'. the former interpretation is a fave of the ascetically oriented religious groups, who claim it is a delusion that must be gotten over

Well, i believe it is a form of play that can be played on many layers, and that there is really no limit, in that evolutionry ways of experiencing reality are possible

what Is reality? many Westerners imagine they have a handle on what it 'really' means. but from where i am standing the western materialistic scientific version is myth like any other--albeit their 'script' is writ in mathematics