What About Bob?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by WANDERER, Jan 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScRaMbLe Chaos Inc. Registered Senior Member

Tried to look at the pix godless but it would only let me see the thumbnails without a password. Cheers anyway!
    I mainly want to go to Peru because I sponsor a kid through world vision there and she says she wants to meet me someday, so that'd be pretty cool I reckon. Plus I want to check out the Inca and Mayan cities spread throughout South America.. and the rainforests of Brazil etc (is there any left still?)

Russia because I admire the people more than anything and I hardly know anything about the place.

Scandinavia because it is the home of my ancestors and they've got some pretty damn cool architecture there along with the amazing geography of the whole region... and the northern lights...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. _an.droid_ @ Registered Senior Member

I read most of this long thread about "bob". Hilarious. And the fun hasn't been anti-climatic either. They're now discussing tourism!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Don't say it is a bob thing to do, because they will think you are a groupie and have been waiting months to say: 'what a bob thing to do'.

And scandinavia is not really renowned for its cool architexture. Unless you like small wooden houses and grey concrete. Trust me. My East german friend visited me once and said: fuck this looks like east germany! this is ugly!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. _an.droid_ @ Registered Senior Member

I was thinking more of something like, bobbing for apples.

8. ScRaMbLe Chaos Inc. Registered Senior Member

Spurious - Coolness is subjective. My country is so young, I haven't grown up with the same sense of history as someone might from say, Europe. Any building over 200 years old is pretty damn cool to me, I can see how someone might be blase' towards it if they've grown up with it tho. To me it will be about getting a sense of the place where my viking ancestors are from, as a whole. Personal interest, nothing more. Where do you live?

_andy_ - Thems some cute little bullets you got there, sweetcheeks.

Ambitions not tourism.

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I live in Helsinki.

Old buildings are relatively rare in scandinavia i think. Must have something to do with building everything with wood in the old days. There is some old stuff but not so much. But if you want to see what East germany used to look like feel free to visit helsinki.

10. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Stockholm is a beautiful city and Copenhagen has retained some of its old charm, one could not compare them to Prague but they are lovely anyway.

11. Hastein Welcome To Kampuchea Registered Senior Member

I heard the ladies are pretty nice in Oslo.

12. WANDERER Banned Banned

And so it dies.

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Feel free to radicalize the thread or give it an injection of free radicals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.