wet floor no more

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by nebel, Jan 4, 2015.

1. nebel

following flies no more: true story;
    This morning, standing before the toilet bowl, (with always wet floor after the 84 year olds passing) I saw the empty toilet paper tube, and EUREKA, the extension that channels and absorbs the overflow.
    My wifes observation: it will never fit in. but
    it works, try it, collect a supply for your favoured watering hole washroom (Loo) for loonies.
    Do not try to patent it in the US. you read it here.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nebel

Urine, while a sterile liquid, does not stay that way, and is a perennial men's room problem. use the recyclable tube. dude.
    sweet 17.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

Or pee sitting down so you don't spray the room if you have aiming issues...

krash661 likes this.
  8. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

General Science and Technology...

The old man is a visionary.

9. nebel

bells, that is what my wife says, but that is so feminine and even then, aiming too high?

Beer with a straw, believe it or not, such an earlier serendipitous moment resulted in a patent that had millions (2+) in sales.

10. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I see. You and the old guy are vying for dominance around your wife.

11. nebel

Bw/S , I am interested in science, but we are the odd couple, with the wife half my age and the youngest just 1/30st my age, so
    That's why people think I am nuts and do not take my science question seriously here.
    Nuts, and enjoying every second of it.
    My old neuron connections are dying, so this is the sampling of the rebuilding i do every day. every day a new thought, pun, just for fun.
    The one that is vying for dominance is-- our teenage son. to calm him we sit him down at the grand and have him sooth our souls with old fashioned music.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  12. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

or they can just sit and pee.

edit-
    this is part of the problem, the primitive mind set .i sit and pee so often, i'm not a female.

13. nebel

Krash, perhaps in the prior, PRIMITIVE times, standing against a tree, or behind a low bush while relieving, was a evolutionary survival advantage of males, the vigilant ones in the family group? As you said, it is a vestige of our primitive past that
    males often just only sit
    to ----.
    In the meantime, that empty tube is just sitting there, begging--.
    time for the cess pool?

14. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

it's matter of a choice. choose to have that ridiculous male chauvinism mentality that makes them feel emasculated or not.

i rather sit and pee than ,now having to buy more crap.

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Or... they could use a urinal with a deep-trough... honestly, the only way you could physically miss using one of those is if you're trying to play jumprope with your shuttlecock while taking the piss.

16. billvon Valued Senior Member

Think I'd rather have someone mop the floor than deal with fermenting urine on soggy cardboard tubes. (And then you run out of cardboard tubes, and then you have both problems.)

Bells likes this.
  17. nebel

Kitty, has been tried, and the male incompetence and incontinence is delayed and unsurpassed.
    bill, agreed, the number of p--s will exceed the available tubes in most locations. but it would be a handy collapsible item to carry for the old geezers like me.
    and it's free.
    and then discardable.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  18. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

LARGO, Fla., April 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Flying faster than the speed of
    sound in a $23 million F-16, our fighter pilots have to saturate in a diaper
    (for women) or take aim at a urinal-type bag (for men). NASA astronauts have
    come up with a better way.
    Using a product produced by Tampa Bay-based BioDerm Inc., the astronauts
    can stay clean and dry and can go about their tasks. The External Continence
    Device (ECD) for men fits only to the tip of the penis with a special
    hydrocolloid material. Hydrocolloid is a skin-friendly material that bonds
    like a second skin and is typically used in treating wounds. The ECD seals
    gently yet very securely and adheres for approximately 24 hours. Urine
    immediately flows into a tube and then a leg bag. Skin stays dry. See
    www.bioderm-inc.com
    "Our customers are NASA astronauts and men with spinal cord injury,
    multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, recent surgery or other medical
    conditions who want to stay active," said Dr. Dennis Kay, CEO of BioDerm.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...x4CYAw&usg=AFQjCNFUBVFqC6WocwaCEZVMQ95RaXYKVQ

20. Bells Staff Member

Yes but you cannot flush them. Then of course comes the fact that if you are throwing it away in the garbage bin, others may have to handle the urine soaked tubes, which isn't safe or sanitary.

21. nebel

cosmictraveller, yes--I always wondered why fighter pilots have such bulky lower legs in their G-suits, and think of the comic traveller, who took of from Florida to the moon, and who stepped into the overflow in his boots, on the lunar surface.

Bells, --Urine is sterile, I can think of worse items on the way to the bin, and
    Using the paper tube has the advantage that
    you do not have to wash your hands BEFORE going to the loo for a 'number one', and
    should be mandatory for Restaurant worker who are notorious for not washing their hands AFTER the procedures, and then resuming the preparation of your meal. (as seen on real tv) and the reminding notices posted. and
    the medical people?

22. billvon Valued Senior Member

For a short time. Then after an hour or so it attracts microorganisms and starts to ferment. This results in ammonia compounds which stink to high heaven.
    You are seriously proposing that doctors use a cardboard tube instead of washing their hands? Didn't you just say urine is sterile?

Just point the thing in the right direction. This isn't rocket science.

23. nebel

billvon, fermentation? yes, --by that time it should be in the bag, on its way to the bin. All medics hopefully wash their hands between procedures. (Semmel-wise).
    rocket science? no, the idea popped into my head for the marginal cases like me, that in the dark do not know where it is going, until it is too late, would need tracers in the shoot.
    A tube would that give positive aim, and help with the after-drip problem too. and
    there is use for the paper-towel tube too, cut or not.
    I could not find the "funnies" forum for this lowest of low tech technology. Thanx.