Were Adam & Eve The First Ever Humans?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Jan Ardena, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

They are still human.
    Humans can mate with humans.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Jan.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

That is compatible with both accounts but they have to be separate accounts because the order of creation of animals and humans is different. It has also been pointed out that the writing styles are different.
    Are YOU kidding ME? Nothing you have said suggests anything about different kinds of humans.
    It says nothing of the kind. You're just making that up in an attempt to reconcile the Cain and Abel story with the Adam and Eve story.
    It uses the word "adam" for mankind.
    It's an obviously fuctitious entity.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Then how are they a "different type of human"? And how does that in any way support your claim that Adam wasn't adam?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

?? Are you claiming that there are dust-type humans, rib-type humans and a third kind of human that is neither? (this should be good)

8. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

It's hard to judge. Birth rates in early last century(Just after WW2, both my parents had 9 siblings(UK)) was high and life expectancy was too. In the middle ages people lived 40 yrs max? Still time for 10 but dad/mom won't be around long. Just my understanding history, they could all be lying to us.

9. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Why?

10. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Luke:

Chapter 3:

Verse(s) 23-38.

Then add up the days these people lived in the bible.

11. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

No, don't take the bait, ignore pointlessness and enjoy philosophy is my advice.

12. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Good catch.

13. billvon Valued Senior Member

If every couple has 3 kids at age 25, and all the kids survive, then in 6000 years we'd have a population of 2,436,917,967,131,160,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 people. That's - let's see - 2.4 million trillion trillion trillion people. So that's not the problem.

14. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

The Adam was fashioned by God, personally.
    That makes him a different type of human from the sixth day created mankind.

It was the duty of the sixth day creation to be fruitful, multiply, and REplenish the earth.
    Adam was created initially, to tend to the garden that God made specially for this human.

God felt sorry for Adam, and decided to make a female counterpart to quell the loneliness. God never once instructed them to be fruitful, multiply, and REplenish the earth.

Jan.

15. Neddy Bate Valued Senior Member

Wow. How did you figure that out? I can't even get past the first few generations. Let's say Adam and Eve had 3 kids at age 25. Now we have to assume one kid is male and two are female, or, two kids are male and one is female, or some other combination. So after another 25 years the approximately 3/2=1.5 female offspring have given birth to 3 more kids each, plus Adam and Eve who are now 50 years old, so there are what, maybe (1.5*3)+2+3=9.5 people on average? Then after another 25 years the approximately (1.5*3)/2=2.25 females have given birth to 3 more kids each, plus Adam and Eve who are now 75 years old, plus their kids who are now 50 years old, so there are what, maybe (2.5*3)+2+3+4.5=17 people on average? Am I doing this right?

Then, don't you have to also consider what age the people die?

16. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

So in the Book of Genesis, if I am correct, mankind was created on the sixth day of the creation of the universe in Gods image. In the story of Adam and Eve, if I am correct, Adam the individual was created and then later Eve from his body.

That sounds good to me and makes sense. Thanks.

17. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Interesting. Different races perhaps? God's chosen people, the Jews.
    Strange. Is Satan evil?

18. billvon Valued Senior Member

Excel. I assumed:
    240 generations
    For every generation, each couple (population / 2) has 3 kids and that's it. So the population of the next generation is (pop/2)*3.

It is, of course, very simplistic, but should be grossly accurate.
    That's about right. For the first 10 generations (250 years) I got a breeding population of 2, 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 23, 34, 51, 77 etc. For total population you'd get 2,5,10,14,21,32,48,72,108,162.
    Not really; not for purposes of seeing how fast the population grows. To get an accurate count at any specific time you would - but that wouldn't change the growth rate.

19. Neddy Bate Valued Senior Member

Okay, I get it now. Rounding off to zero decimal places I can replicate your 2,3,5,7,10,15,23,34,51,77, but for the total population I'm getting 2,5,10,16,26,42,64,99,150,227.

If we assume that only three generations are alive at any given time, the population after 10 generations would be 77+51+34=162. To find the current predicted population of the earth after 6000 years using this method, you would need to assume something similar. I thought that was what Gawdzilla was asking.

20. iceaura Valued Senior Member

No. They lived 40 years average. The max was about what it is now.
    Average human lifespans are greatly distorted by childhood mortality.

21. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Two separate and conflicting accounts - if they are read for biological fact. That would be silly, of course (they are obviously stories).

22. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Makes sense. See how they can twist history?

23. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

That makes sense. Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019