WellCookedFetus's Moderator Position

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Arditezza, Sep 7, 2004.

?

Should WellCookedFetus be removed as a Moderator?

Poll closed Sep 21, 2004.
  1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    56.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

If not the moderator status is in question then someone maybe should propose to ban him as a member for 3 days. (theoretically, because it will never happen)

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

hehe was going to suggest a 3 day ban to, but deleted because its never going to happen

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

yeah..we should delete our last 2 posts. We spoke the unspeakable.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. water the sea Registered Senior Member

And your hopes gather dust.

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I hope that I will never end up with no life.

No dust there.

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Isn't that almost a quotation?

Yeah. Here is its. T.S. Eliot's The Waste Land.

And I will show you something different from either
    Your shadow at morning striding behind you
    Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

No, but plenty of fear.

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

fear is an essential ingredient of life. How you live your life is dependent on how you deal with fear.

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

So, someone explain to me about the vote, please. The more ridiculous this topic gets, the more folks want to blame it on WCF?

Think of it this way, folks: we moderators will make sure to respect the standards set by this or any other vote. The more ridiculously low you set the bar for action, the more of you will find yourselves upset at us for taking action over something you think is petty.

Think of yourselves, as well as for yourselves.

I can shout that a bus is going to hit you. I can even try to pull you out of the way. But if you really, really want to be hit by a bus, eventually you will be. Jesus Christ I am not--I cannot save you from yourselves.

If you wish for your moderators to be inhuman, well, theoretically we can accommodate.

12. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I agree. I don't like the idea of setting a low bar either. I wonder if word from some higher ups might influence the situation? Has the bar been set somewhat higher after the recent debates? Or is it Fetus's moderator status that protects him from warnings for his actions? Has he been warned?

As I've said, the situation has nothing to do with Fetus's mod status. Nothing.

I didn't think the vote would be so close. It's early yet, though. We shall just have to wait and see what time brings.

The thing is that so few people are posting in this thread. We have no idea why the vote is going the way it is going. Perhaps if a few more voters would post and give their reasons we could see more clearly?

13. zayev Banned Banned

wyt lyss

So, someone explain to me about the vote, please.

is it not self evident? the initial request seems to have been misdirected. a ban would have been the appopriate penalty. what is more to the point....the members here are dying to see you tards disciplined for infractions of forum rules. the same rules that are applied willy nilly, without rhyme or reason, without the slightest bit of rationality, to the commoners.

witness...the goofball's crazed spree of bannings, the subsequent outing of his preferred method of flouting civilized behavior (vicious attacks thru pm's), the acknowledgement of wrongdoing.

why was he not banned?
    demonstrate, to the public, the moderators are not above the law

wcf will make the perfect sacrificial lamb. in my book, ragging on newbies is truly pathetic.

it also appears some of you mods prefer sneaky shit. the goofball with his pm's and now wcf wiith his invisible ink.

good fucking showing.

The more ridiculous this topic gets, the more folks want to blame it on WCF?

explain the connection and make it a good one. hedging and obscurities will be dealt with in the harshest possible manner

Think of it this way, folks: we moderators will make sure to respect the standards set by this or any other vote.

you deliberately misinteprete the real issue at at hand. none of you can be this dense. you also threaten as jamesr did in a similar situation. is it in the rule book? you lie too. you will do no such thing. mod egoism will prevent the community from setting their own standards and acceptable modes of discourse.

The more ridiculously low you set the bar for action, the more of you will find yourselves upset at us for taking action over something you think is petty.

06/22/04 - abnoxio - Insulting Members - Permanent
    06/28/04 - thefountainhed - Insulting Members - 3 days
    07/06/04 - shag_pole - Insulting Members - Permanent
    07/07/04 - outlandish - Insulting Members - 3 days
    07/14/04 - thefountainhed - Insulting Members - 7 days
    08/10/04 - uzi - Racial slurs, insulting other members - Permanent
    08/17/04 - MadGreenwood - Insulting Members - 3 days
    08/19/04 - Eluminate - Insulting Members, Excessive Profanity - 3 days
    08/19/04 - crackthewhip - Racial Insults - Permanent
    08/19/04 - kasi - Racial Insults - Permanent
    08/20/04 - schizophrenic muslim - Sock puppet - Permanent
    08/20/04 - cutegirl - Racial Insults - Permanent
    08/20/04 - gendanken - Insulting Members - 7 days
    08/22/04 - otheadp - Insulting Members - 7 days
    08/22/04 - Preacher_X - Insulting Members - 7 days
    08/23/04 - Undecided - Insulting Members - 3 days

now tell me mr wyt lyss.

who is setting the bar here? the mods or the members? who is making the frikkin judgement call? who sets the standards?

the dankass goes down for a "fuck you all". nico for a "...like a asshole". (like a something anyway)

these guys all paid a price for their crap. now it is your turn. do the right thing and and penalize the fetus. you do not need a poll to nag you into action. do it instead, as a matter of principle. you know that others have gone down for less

it has always been about fairness. there can be no arbitrary application of the rules. if this cannot be done, just drop it.focus on actual malicious shit.

Think of yourselves, as well as for yourselves.

I can shout that a bus is going to hit you. I can even try to pull you out of the way. But if you really, really want to be hit by a bus, eventually you will be. Jesus Christ I am not--I cannot save you from yourselves.

pompous lil prick

If you wish for your moderators to be inhuman, well, theoretically we can accommodate.

"AS WE SEE FIT!"

* i am always surprised to see you defend these fucks. can you not come out and condemn when appropiate? stryder sems to be the only one that will not kowtow to the code of silence that you mods perpetuate.

14. zayev Banned Banned

what a depraved and cynical attitude. shame on you. corrupting the young eh?

15. zayev Banned Banned

poor sexy little inamorata! i sooo feel her pain!

16. zayev Banned Banned

and what brought that on?

the profanity and accusations of perpetrating a fraud!

17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Notes:

Gendanken -

We do not have, in our moderation, the luxury of being as superficial as the general tenor of diverse posts throughout subjective and even more-objective fora.

Zayev -

Actually, I'm cringing at the state of the sentence itself; I didn't clean up after my revision. Ugh.

As to the note itself . . . I know, I know.

18. zayev Banned Banned

wcf spams his own forum

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=40495

he deletes my complaint as off topic...the hypocrisy...poor pangloss

..and pm's me

norman, neildo and wcf shit all over the thread. who will moderate the moderators

heh

19. zayev Banned Banned

now there a good reason why one must never get walmart employees to mod forums

20. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

tiassa, do a IP search on zayev, you would not believe what a sock puppet he is of!

21. Xev Registered Senior Member

22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

You'll notice I went with the patronizing response, though.

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

how interesting.

Your answer to complaints is to do an IP search instead of looking at the validity of the complaints.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.