Welcome to the Alternative Theories forum

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by James R, Oct 8, 2011.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Alternative Theories is the place for posting your revolutionary new Physics ideas, discussing alternative medicine, debating creationism vs. evolution, and more.

If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this new forum, please post them here.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

what do you mean by creationism ? Like the world is 5,000 years old creationists or something? Does anybody really think that ? That might need to be lumped with monsters . Monsters and Creationists , Goofballs and goblins

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

This looks like it has potential. There was talk about rules for the new Alternative Theories forum. Are they in the works, or no new rules, just a better break down in classification?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Yazata Valued Senior Member

If it was me, I'd move a few threads from the science forums to this one. The overheated promotional threads about cold-fusion scams, for instance. Others might disagree with that.

8. Pineal Banned Banned

If the alternative medicine is supported by conventional scientific research, should we post about it in another forum?

9. wellwisher Banned Banned

My theory about the symbolism of creationism, is the symbolism is talking about the birth of modern human consciousness. The rise of civilization occurs in the same time frame as Genesis.

Civilization required a boost in the human mind/brain allowing a departure from the ten's of thousand year hunter/gathering traditions. This is when humans began to have free will apart from natural instincts, allowing a very wide range of new human behavior to appear in a short time.

The value of the alternative theory forum is to help the caretakers of the traditons chill out since this should not be seen as threatening. But in my experience the primitive fear of novelty will still rule.

When civilization was about to appear, the human mind needed to change in such a way to where the real primitive fear of novelty could be appeased, internally, by means of new way of looking at reality; free will to change.

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

At the moment, anything goes, but it may not stay that way. This is something that needs some discussion, I think.

If it's supported by scientific research then it's probably standard medicine rather than alternative medicine.

11. Pineal Banned Banned

Well, no. The medical and pharmaceutical professions are not without factors other than scientific research leading decisions.

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

some really potent neurotoxins are alkaloids, plant products.
    pulling up herbs and snorting, smoking, eating, or otherwise ingesting them can be fatal.

13. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Thanks for acknowledging my post. Is my impression correct that SciForums wants to upgrade the quality of the discussions, improve moderation, and still leave room for us deluded pea brains? Would I be correct in thinking that Alternative Theories is not the forum intended for my delusions, i.e. speculations about answers to questions that science cannot yet answer. Should those topics remain in Pseudoscience or would it be the preference of the administration to have that kind of nonsense stop altogether? Just looking for a way do what I like to do on a forum where it is permitted. Any response from a moderator to this post is welcome.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  14. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Sorry for being impatient, but I do like to speculate about answers to questions that science does not yet have answers for. Contrary to what some professionals have said, my speculations are reasonable, especially compared to most pseudoscience threads. That is a touchy area though and if the intention of the recent changes is to restrict that kind of speculation, I would be fine if you just say so.

I have made SciForums my home base but like most people here, I am also registered on other forums. Up until now the rules here have allowed me to operate in the Pseudoscience forum and to return the flames from those who refuse to address my content but insist on posting off-topic. I know that is not going to continue to be the case just by watching who the moderators are and what they have been saying to other deluded pea brains like me.

My impression is that I am not likely to be given any slack in my threads if they go against the new intentions of the forum and so I am asking for direction from the moderators as to where my speculative discussions can be posted without running amuck of the moderators. My favorite speculations are about preconditions to the big bang. Where can I post about that under the new structure, how far can I go with speculations that cannot be quantified, and can I expect to be warned before I am given an infraction?

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

There are plenty of places on sciforums where you can do that. In fact, there are now extra places that weren't there before.

If anything, the changes are to relax rather than restrict.

There are currently no dedicated moderators assigned to Alternative Theories. Only admins and supermoderators can moderate this forum.

The new intentions of the forum are currently up for discussion in the [thread=110379]Criteria for threads in the Alternative Theories forum[/thread] thread.

Rather than asking for direction, why don't you head over there and give us your thoughts and tell us what you want to see?

Speculations about preconditions to the big bang might, depending on the specific content, fit in Astronomy & Cosmology, in Physics & Math, in Alternative Theories, in Pseudoscience, or in the Cesspool.

The infraction and warning system has not changed.

16. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

It all sounds pretty good to me. Thanks.

17. Emil Valued Senior Member

I was against this subforum.
    I changed my opinion and I admit I was wrong.
    This subforum has a chance to become one of the most valuable archives.

18. nebel

does this forum allow multiple accounts, foreign language names? thank you.

19. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Sci-Fo does not allow sockpuppets, no.

20. nebel

SP, is that is what you call a multiple name holder ? (not because she has been banned, but self-resurrected, re-incarnated?) How about requesting a name change, legal in mainstream justice? I thought of restarting a thread, under a different topic, more appropriate headline to the content, correcting an alleged hijack.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  21. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Yes.

Nothing wrong with that. But you'll still be nebel.