Welcome these two :)

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Enmos, Jul 12, 2008.

  1. kira Valued Senior Member

    Messages:
    1,579
    Sorry to hear that, Enmos. I hope Klaas will be ok,..
     
    Last edited: May 27, 2010
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement



    to hide all adverts.
  3. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

    Messages:
    7,913
    Damn. Poor Klaas. Hope he'll recover soon

    Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

     
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement



    to hide all adverts.
  5. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

    Messages:
    7,028
    Aw...damn...I'm getting misty eyed. I feel like I know the little feller...seen him grow up. I hope he pulls through. My heart is with you Enmos.
     
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement



    to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

    Messages:
    18,754
    Knowing cats, he'll be recovered and annoying you as much as possible pretty soon.
    With luck.
     
  8. Ahem embrace simplicity Registered Senior Member

    Messages:
    213
    Enmos, my cat was run over by a car once. From his "shoulders" to his back feet, he was completely flat. Seriously. I rushed him to a vet who told me to keep an eye on him to see if he would be able to go to the bathroom or not. If not, internal injuries would probably require him being put to sleep. The children and I were so sad and worried, but he was able to the bathroom.

    We thought he would always be a flat cat. He pulled his flat, paralyzed body around with his front legs. Then one day, he popped up! He healed completely and was back to normal without any kind of surgery. I think since Klaas is receiving medical care, he will be just fine, too.
     
  9. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

    Messages:
    4,100
    Oh man! I'm so sorry Enmos! I feel for you brother! I had a cat once that git hit by a car. He didn't survive though. I really hope Klaas will be ok. I know he will. He's got a great owner! Keep us posted on his condition ok! My thoughts are with you man!
     
  10. draqon Banned Banned

    Messages:
    35,006
    well Enmos cats heal quickly...just as they grow quickly.
     
  11. Enmos Registered Senior Member

    Messages:
    43,184
    Thanks for the comments, all.

    Update:
    Klaas is home now. The surgery went well. He needs constant care (medication, feeding, 'going') though, and he has to stay in a big cage for six weeks.
    He is sleeping and resting a lot and he is really sluggish because of the heavy painkillers.
    The specialist that operated on him said that there is still a 15% chance that he will never walk again. So that means an 85% chance of complete recovery. Well, lets hope..
    Popje is afraid of (probably) Klaas's, undoubtedly, weird smell.
    Anyway, I need to take him back to the hospital on June 11th (or maybe it's the 12th, I need to check that) for a check-up. A month from then he can come out of the cage. If he can walk that is.
    I take the plastic thing (see picture) off as often, and as long, as I can, but when I'm not around he has to wear it. He has this bandage on him with a powerful painkiller (some opiate) in it and it's lethal if ingested.

    Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

     
    Last edited: May 29, 2010
  12. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

    Messages:
    4,100
    Take good care of that kitty! And don't be dippin into his supply of painkillers now!

    Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!



    Are you able to let popje in the cage to console him?
     
  13. Enmos Registered Senior Member

    Messages:
    43,184
    Popje is afraid for some reason. The doctor said that would happen. He said it has to do with Klaas' smell.
    It looks to me like Popje is confused as to whether it is really Klaas or not.
    Ever since Klaas got run over Popje has been acting somewhat out of character anyway.. He (well, she) never saw the accident, but she obviously noticed that Klaas was nowhere to be found. And now there's this cat in the house that looks like Klaas but doesn't quite smell like him.
    Also, even if Popje would like to be with Klaas it wouldn't be wise to let him into the cage. She would be poisoned if she'd lick the bandage.
    Anyhow, Klaas isn't really interested in interaction with Popje at the moment.
     
  14. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

    Messages:
    4,100
    Aww. Man... She'll figure it out. Give her some love for me!
     
  15. Enmos Registered Senior Member

    Messages:
    43,184
    Klaas is doing well. He drank by himself today and he washed himself back to front yesterday (I made sure he didn't touch the bandage though). Overall he looks more comfortable. He's more aware as well since the bandage is running out now. He still gets a painkiller orally though but that's not as potent as the bandage (err... It's actually a Fentanyl Patch. Oh well).
    Popje is still uncomfortable with Klaas, but less than before.
     
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  16. kira Valued Senior Member

    Messages:
    1,579
    Great to hear that, En. Would you please adopt me?

    Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

    j/k
     
  17. Enmos Registered Senior Member

    Messages:
    43,184
    Thanks Kira

    Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!


    Sure I would

    Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

     
  18. ejderha Exhausted Registered Senior Member

    Messages:
    648
    Enmos, glad to hear that she is coming around.

    Mine has cancer and she is 19, so the only thing I can do is make her happy. :bawl:
     
  19. Enmos Registered Senior Member

    Messages:
    43,184
    Thanks Ej

    Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!



    That's so sad for your cat (and you of course). Is she in any pain?
     
  20. Ahem embrace simplicity Registered Senior Member

    Messages:
    213
    I am as happy as you are that he is recovering.
     
  21. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

    Messages:
    4,100
    Hey uhh... no updates on the kitty... How is the li'l guy?
     
  22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

    Messages:
    10,515
    i'm so sorry enmos. you're such a good daddy.
     
  23. Enmos Registered Senior Member

    Messages:
    43,184
    This morning Klaas was put to sleep. When the rain stops I am going to bury him in my back yard.
    Rest in peace, Klaas.

    Please do not respond to this.
     

Share This Page