weird dreams and their meanings

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by plasticwingsmelting, Jun 12, 2003.

1. plasticwingsmelting Banned Banned

i have some of the most vivid dreams. i know this because i talk about them often and people usually cannot relate to the amount of content and ability to recall them as I.

last night i dreamed i was working back at my old job in this warehouse. i then walked to a restaraunt and sat down at a table(very real...people walking around and whatnot). the waiter brought me some kind of pasta dish which seemed to have chicken and some kind of creamy cheese sauce on top. the restaraunt was playing This Day Forward in the background(kinda odd for any restaraunt) and the waiter brought me two more dishes of pasta(one was a traditionally seeming red sauce type and I think the other may have been lasagnia). i didnt have anything to drink, but I ate and had some breadsticks, too. eventually the waiter took out the TDF cd and people cheered(obviously in relief from the obnoxiousness of This Day Forward), but as he walked away, the NEW This Day Forward cd began playing. Frustrated, the waiter turned off the thing entirely and I just chuckled, finishing my food. He brought me my check and it was over 90 dollars. I asked him how could it cost so much and he merely replied "there is a problem with the computer." so i figured id just ditch this check and walk out. I came into a hallway(i cant remember it being the same as it was when i walked in) and there was a door to my left which seemed likea side exit, but it really turned out to not be a door but some kind of art window type thing(dont ask). then i went through the lobby where there were people gathering. i bumped into an elderly fellow and used it as an excuse to not look at the people standing behind the front desk as I apologized and hurriedly went to the door. as I exited I noticed police all over. I thought they were after me for dodging the check, but as I continued on my leave, I was forced to get down on the ground by the shouts of a gunman holding civilians hostage. i couldnt see the gunman, but I got down anyway. there was gunfire(and i cannot deny that i willingly inched my head up in hopes of catching a bullet...honestly I did) that went on for several moments when I looked over to my right and saw a teleprompter. i then faded out of my body and was watching the episode of Martin(a 90's comedy television show no longer in production) which was being filmed outside the restaraunt which I played a part in.

WEIRD

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. doom Registered Senior Member

Temporary mind state parallel universe memory transfer of mindstate (thinking) in alternate time and place.

Maybe,or maybe the simplest explanation is that dreams are just imaginary thoughts,nobody really knows the WHY we dream,we know why we sleep but dreams are not necessary,dreams just happen in this R.E.M state.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wesmorrisbabe Ethusiastic bistander Registered Senior Member

I've always had dreams of falling which is somewhat responsible for my [Fear] of heights. I've fallen down elevator shafts, or stair wells like in "The Godfather" or "Bourne Identity." My most consistent nightmare is that I'm on a rollercoaster and it goes upside-down just seconds after I have discovered that my seatbelt is torn, and so I'm hanging from the grip bar on the rollercoaster car as my body is flinging back and forth and I'm trying to hang on tightly. It's really frightening and I usually wake up sweating. I'm pretty sure that I have these dreams when at times when I'm experiencing a lot of stress.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sparkle born to be free Registered Senior Member

What exactly do you find weird? Which part?

8. doom Registered Senior Member

Easy way to cure this,just jump out of a plane,
    seriously go for it.

If the parachute dont open itll cure your fear,if it opens itll cure your fear,so both ways you win.

9. janeelsa Registered Senior Member

I've had friends and family both say "How do you remember all that?" when I'm relating a dream. I think there are different kinds of dreams, but one that seems very prevalent is the one that "recaptures" certain events of that day. And it seems to me, in this particular case, that the dreams I have earlier in my sleep-period correlate to events earlier in the day; whereas dreams towards dawn correlate to events late in the day. MY theory is that our circumstances are put into a temporary 'holding file' when we experience them and then put into a 'permanent file' while we're sleeping. The only thing I haven't come up with an explanation for yet is... why, when the dreams seem to parallel the day's events, do they seem a little "twisted"? You who recall your dreams so well know what I mean, I think.

10. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

my dreams are almost always of me killing myself, or other people, or some1 eles killing me.

in just about every dream theres lotsa fire and explosions
    and i often swich the character in the dream that i am.
    i had thius one dream that kid napped a lil girl. i took her to a wearhouse and i was about to stab out her eyes. then in the dream i was a police guy and i shot myself (myself being the guy who kidnappe dthe girl) then shot the girl. then the dream just got all twisted and i went to an apartment complex and blew up the moon or sumthin... it was weird.

11. swifty Registered Member

I ALWAYS DREAM OF CROCODILES, DONT ASK WHY, I DO NOT FEAR THEM. EVERY TIME I AM HAVING A DREAM WITH WATER IN IT, IT COULD BE A BEAUTIFUL DREAM GOING GOOD AND EVERYTHING THEN THE STUPID CROCK WOULD COME WITH OUT FAIL, AND THE DREAM ALWAYS ENDS IN THE CROCK RIPPING PEOPLE (OR WHO EVER IS IN THE WATER APPART) I HAD ONE REALLY BAD ONE WITH CHILDREN FALLING OFF THE SIDE OF A BRIDGE AND GETTING EATEN AS THEY FELL, VERY GRAPHIC AND I CAN HEAR EVERYTHING. I WOULD HAVE THESE KIND OF DREAMS ABOUT EVERY THIRD DAY. A BIT MORBID BUT THAT IS HOW IT IS, NOW IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME WHAT THAT THOES DREAMS MEAN PLEASE TELL ME, OR WHAT TO DO TO STOP THEM. MY (LIFE STYLE IS LAYED BACK SO THATS CANT BE AN EXCUSE) :bugeye: