We getting closer to a Police State?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 786, Dec 15, 2011.

1. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

The Family.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

How nice of them to care for their own selves but clearly my comment was from the government side. Family comes to me why you picked up my daughter- response ' she's a terrorists ',.. FAmily says prove it,,, government says ' Get the fuck off here or you wanted to be gone too'

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Nope, next stop and the Family is on the Today show in the morning, a major Radio Talk show in the afternoon, followed by CNN Situation room and finally 60 Minutes later that evening .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Why are liberals using private sources to protect their rights and families? The fact is under the law they are screwed. And I wouldn't be surprised that the whole family is labeled terrorist for not keeping shush and before they can even get on those programs they're gone. Or the media owners are put in jail for assisting terrorists to spread their antiamerican message on those channels.

How many times is information not released due to 'threat to national security' . Government has enough excuses to keep everyone shush or they can visit the prison themselves if they don't

Rights are to be protected by the government not taken by going on a news channel. I thought liberals never liked corporations and now suddenly we're supposed to get our rights by going,on the corporate media and not the US courts. Nice!!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  8. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

That's silly.
    The people are always responsible for their freedom.

That's why it starts out:

WE THE PEOPLE

And it's not that we can't go to the Courts, of course we can, and do, but often the Media is a quicker method for getting the attention needed.

9. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

And again you're side stepping the fact that under the law those who are taken have no right to court trial. So that side-step 'going to the media for fast justice' isn't going to cut it. You are essentially left at the mercy of the President. You'll be pleading to the President on CNN, not protecting your rights. More like beggars in fact.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Anyways I'm done here cuz its quite clear to me that you're wearing blinders with Obama on the insides.

11. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

NOPE

Every US CITIZEN has a right to a court trial.

No one has suspended Habeas Corpus.

12. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

No, you're just paranoid.

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Oh stop that, you nasty Obama-lover.

14. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

PS: That was the discussion about. I'm sure this law will be ruled unconstitutional. By the way if every American citizen has a right to a court trial, was Awlaki and his 16 years old son given one, even though ACLU was trying to get them a trial? I think you need to start concentrating on what is happening rather than on what 'used to be' because frankly the Constitution was recycled years ago and when I went to Waste Management to retrieve it, they didn't know what that was.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  15. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

No that doesn't mean a thing.
    In MILITARY actions, they don't have to consider the issue of citizenship.

Consider why that makes perfect sense: If the military did, then every enemy would simply recruit sufficient US citizens to be part of their force to effectively nullify the ability of our military to attack them.

Which of course is not a reasonable limitation to put on our Military.

It didn't protect US Citizens who fought for the Nazis in WW2 and it doesn't protect US Citizens who join or assist Al Qaeda today.

So the military doesn't have to check who you are if you are part of a force fighting the US, which Al Qaeda clearly is, then you can just chuck your passport in the nearest waste-bin because it offers you NO protection, and of course if you are fighting our military, you also put those you pal around with at risk as well.

The most recent legislation simply says, if an Al Qaeda member is caught by the police or the FBI on US Soil and if they are not a US Citizen, then they can turn them over to the Military for detention.

Arthur

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Hm. Good precedent there.

17. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Perhaps you didn't get the memo that the Ndaa authorized military detention. Secondly does that mean its okay to kill any American so long as the military is doing it? Label anyone a terrorist and then send the military to execute them. Nice work around

No need for courts.

Btw they didn't just plan some attack and coincidentally found that us citizen is there. They specifically TARGETED them, that was the objective of the mission. Do you know what what crime his 16 year old did?

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

They were fighting American forces. Precedent. Did you get that memo?

Also: tough shit. Lots of people get killed extrajudiciously by the Taliban or other jihadis, but we don't hear you bitch about process in those cases.

19. keith1 Guest

I see it like this:
    The issue remains unresolved and full of loopholes. Obama washed his hands of unraveling a nazi-bush** regime mandate, instead will concentrate on much more pressing issues, leaving this issue to future Presidents with time to spare.
    If anyone finds this complex issue more pressing than the economy, then fire away.

**Note that I don't respect bush enough to give him a capital letter

20. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Yea, never heard of them fighting anyone.. Never saw them in any battlefield. Why don't you provide some evidence that they were fighting. Especially of the 16 yr old.

You're a terrorist- you'll be seeing troops killing you tomorrow.

(I don't need proof)

Yes so you are admittedly becoming the Taliban and jihadis. LMAO! Americans have no rights now, weren't they fighting us cuz they hate our freedoms? So they're winning? LMAO!!!!

21. keith1 Guest

Honest law-abiding U.S.ians had nothing to do with anti-U.S. sympathies getting the best of the world community, making it tougher to be anti-U.S., making it tougher to become American, making it tougher to succeed as a first or second gen American.

One can fire a gun at one's head, and it will damage.
    One can fire a gun at one's mirror quite harmlessly (except for some broken glass).
    A laser fired at a mirror can return to burn one's eye.

You brought it upon yourself, by not watching closely your own citizenry.
    Do it ever again, go to sleep like that, and it will happen again.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2011
  22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

It would hardly be the first in a list of things you didn't know, of course.

Oh, of course. Murdering women for besmirching family honour, killing them if they try to go to school, bombing religious minorities for the crime of Breathing While Infidel: absolutely. It's precisely the same thing, 787.

I agree that "LMAO" was the best way to respond to your post. A trend-setter.

23. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Woulda been a good place for evidence instead of a cheapshot... I know you don't have any so figures.

Murdering people and not following that 'law' and that 'freedom' is indeed what is what they did. They took away their freedom. We are doing it to ourselves. In principle not in specifics we have become them.

When you don't provide any evidence, when I ask, makes this all laughable indeed.

So can you tell me in what battlefield was that 16yr fighting in? What terrorist act did he commit? Here's your chance to deviate from the 'LMAO' discussion.