We can question authority!

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Thoreau, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

That would actually make sense.

Again there is actually a software function that allows infractions to have a copy of the offending post placed in a forum rather than a message being sent to the user. Such a system would require it's own subforum, as to whether there should be an open debate on whether a person is banned or not for whatever is sent there that is an entirely different problem.

After all currently attempted open discussions usually rage into this quagmire of ill repute of a thread, which causes hasty and possibly ill informed decisions to be made by some parties.

So really it could be suggested that there should be a documented framework on how members are asked to behave, how moderations should act or respond and how people in general should be treated. I would pose that such a framework would only however be undertaken as part of an entire site-wide revamp. Now currently that's entirely up to the current owners (I just wish I had the money to have purchased it from Porfiry back in the day as the site might of taken a slightly different route. Incidentally it would be interesting to find out if the current owners are accepting offers.)

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

So you agree that members bein rude ant justificaton for mods to preform ther duties in a rude manor... do you also agree that people are mor likely to be less angry when a mod preforms ther duties in a respectful manor.???

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Respectful can work, I know as for the most part I do try to be respectful. There have however been the few occasions where I have allowed this standard to lower, but those rare occurrences were left for dealing with people that were here just to abuse members or harm the forum, or antagonize illegal activities.

As for being rude to spammers, well some are bots so they don't have their feelings harmed, some of course are actually humans attempting to selling their websites or low quality warez so they can fill your computers with trojans or steal methods for credit card transactions. They are technically criminal in regards to the latter and should really be forward to an authority.
    (I could go into the whole Web 2.0rc1 commentary about what intentions countries have in regards to your freedoms on the internet, the implementation of DNSSEC to deal with email spammers and DNS hijackings etc. However heated debate can't really manifest on that subject until it actually passes into fruition.)

For any spammers out there, lets explain this simply for them:

SPAM costs Bandwidth, if you want to sell your warez, buy your bloody own rather than stealing other peoples. (SPAM therefore is Theft.)

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

So you agree that members bein rude ant justificaton for mods to preform ther duties in a rude manor... do you also agree that people are mor likely to be less angry when a mod preforms ther duties in a respectful manor.???

Well of course... an i thank that shud be the standard for mods (at least while preformin ther duties) if ther gole is for the beterment of Sciforums.!!!

Yep nobody is perfect.. but other thangs bein equal... the mods who mor often keep ther cool (under simular circumstances as you described above) are the beter mods.!!!

Few people have sympathy for Spamers... but even when dealin wit Spamers on the "Ban List" mods shoud preform ther duties in a respectful manor... anythang less coud be seen as immature which coud erode ther credibility to preform ther mod duties properly.!!!

8. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Well hopefully there would be the staff of the manor performing duties otherwise there no point to living in the manor. Why would you expect those to the manor born to perform their own duties?:shrug:

Generally I would think staff would much prefer performing duties in a manor than say someone's villa. But that's just my guess

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!