We Apologize

Discussion in 'History' started by J.B, Sep 23, 2005.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Are you aware of an experiment done on schoolchildren that created the equivalent of racism?

In 1968 Jane Elliot was an elementary school teacher in the predominantly-white town of Riceville, Iowa... She divided the class into two groups: the brown eyes and the blue eyes. Anyone not fitting these categories, such as those with green or hazel eyes, was an outsider, not actively participating in the exercise. Elliott told her children that brown-eyed people were superior to blue-eyed, due to the amount of the color-causing-chemical, melanin, in their blood. She said that blue-eyed people were stupid and lazy and not to be trusted. To ensure that the eye color differentiation could be made quickly, Elliott passed out strips of cloth that fastened at the neck as collars. Elliott withdrew her blue-eyed students’ basic classroom rights, such as drinking directly from the water fountain or taking a second helping at lunch. Brown-eyed kids, on the other hand, received preferential treatment – this included an extended recess.

Elliott recalls, “It was just horrifying how quickly they became what I told them they were." Within 30 minutes, a blue-eyed girl named Carol had regressed from a "brilliant, self-confident, carefree, excited little girl to a frightened, timid, uncertain little almost-person.” Contrarily, the brown-eyed children excelled under their newfound superiority. Elliott had seven students with dyslexia in her class that year and four of them had brown eyes. On the day that the browns were "on top," those four brown-eyed boys with dyslexia read words that Elliott “knew they couldn’t read” and spelled words that she “knew they couldn’t spell.”

Along with their increased scholastic acumen, the brown-eyed children in Jane Elliot’s class began to become extremely hostile towards their blue-eyed peers. Prior to that day in 1968, her students had expressed neither positive nor negative thoughts about each other based on eye color. Although Elliott taught them that it was all right to judge one another based on eye color, she did not teach them how to oppress. “They already knew how to be racist because every one of them knew without my telling them how to treat those who were considered inferior,” says Elliott. The following day, she reversed the roles with the blue-eyed students as the dominant group. The results were identical to the day before.

http://www.blackcommentator.com/108/108_guest_rhymes.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. J.B Banned Banned

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. J.B Banned Banned

Are you trying to say that all blacks have the mentality of school children?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Ha, ha, racist crap.

Now you are just being a smug little bitch. You are intellectually dishonest if you refuse to consider the fact that racism isn't the logical product of genetics, but a disfunctional cultural artifact.

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Hmm, is that a legitimate dispute of the info he presented???? If so, can I start disputing others' claims on the forums with, "Ahh, that's just bleeding-heart liberal bullshit!"?? Is it so easy to dispute in a debate?

Well, Spider, how do you explain the fact the greater majority of ALL black nations and communities in the entire world are very, very violent? I mean, if it was just a few areas or nations, we might be able to explain it easily. But, Spider, it's consistently true, over the whole world, that black nations, communities in white nations are much more violent than other races. Those facts have been shown, not only here with J.B.'s posts, but it's quite well known all over the world. Are you saying that that is so easily explained just with "cultural problems"?

Baron Max

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

How do I explain it? Because you only notice the facts that support your predetermined view. I know that white people, all over the world, are violent. I would sooner walk alone down a street in Tanzania than Moscow. I refuse to maintain a detached and considerate mindset when dealing with such obviously hateful people like J.B. In fact, I refuse to continue to discuss this at all, since you can't be objective about it.

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Absolutely ...I agree with you! It's just that blacks are MORE violent than whites or other non-black races. The stats prove it ...time and time again, nation after nation, city after city.

No, if you can't see that/admit it, then perhaps you've got your head in the sand and you prefer to keep it there. And that's okay, no one can or should force you to answer or discuss any of this issue.

Baron Max

11. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Haha I love it! Max, that's some old school racism right there, a fine vintage. We should plut it into a civil rights museum or something, that's great!

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

First, it's not true, in general. You only think so because you pick and choose which black nations and communities to highlight, and forget the rest.

Second, let me give you just a couple of environmental reasons which might apply to a nation like Rwanda. Rwanda is one of the poorest nations on Earth. It has few natural resources and it is overpopulated for the resources it does have.

What happens when you take a group of people and put them in overcrowded conditions without enough food to sustain everybody?

I'm sure you've never thought about it.

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So are you saying that blacks haven't figured out where babies come from yet? I know this is gonna' be tough for you to understand, but if the nation and it's people are so fuckin' poor, and so overpopulated, why are they still having babies at a horrendous rate?? Doesn't that strike you as a bit strange and stupid?

Yeah, I guess ye're right ...in such situations, murder, violent rape and other violent criminal activity is ....THE BEST ACTION TO TAKE. I mean, heaven forbid that they try to work out the problems in some civilized, intelligent way. Nope, ye're right, resorting to murder, violent rape and other such violent crime is the best way.

Baron Max

14. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

Baron, your stupendous lack of intelligence astounds even me.You may well be posting such post to get attention, or to stir shit, however i PLAN to answer your stupid statment in a sane and non-aggresive manner (which in these circumstances, belive you me is hard).

You have to see that in 'civilized' countrys, such as your America, 'murder, violent rape and other violent crimminal activity' is rife, so logic dictates that if you come upon a country, which im sure YOU would term 'uncivilized', such as Rwanda, then this crime is going to be as rife, if not more so, because of the lack of 'civilized' society.(I am not being derisive when i say this), and lack of crime fighting ability.

You, Baron, put shame to your country, and simply reinforce everything that anyones said, in regards of negative attitude towards America, shame on you and your horrific views.

15. J.B Banned Banned

You should stop, your inability to hold blacks accountable for there own behaviour shows you cannot view blacks as equal to other humans.

16. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

Similar to you you mean??Scared someones going to take your place, well JB (sounds like a rapers name to me!!) it obvious you feel insecure, a common fact in all anti-balck racists.You probably needed a little more love from your papa an mama didnt you, dont worry its NOT YOUR FAULT, tell yourself that over and over

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. duendy Registered Senior Member

well think about it John.....i have been at these forums off and on for ..errrrm about well over a year, and in that time te ONLY fukin subject this JB is focued on is black issues. namely..slagging off black people... scurrying aout feverishly with fistfulls of his precious statistics

thisperson is OBSESSED with black people...hahahah...it is hillarious. if by chance black people suddenly disappeared from the face of the earth this sorry soul would be completely lost. just WHAT WOULD te po boy DO?...haha

18. J.B Banned Banned

Are you really talking about me?

Or is this your cry for help?

19. J.B Banned Banned

I am OBSESSED with the truth.

20. duendy Registered Senior Member

you may be 'OBSESSED with the truth', but dont seem to have the savvy to investigate it adequately.....yo look in the wrong places, and are manipulated, though you ironically are not aware of this

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Actually colombia had the highest murder rate per capita.

22. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

having many children in a poor country is a substitute for a social wellfare system. When you get older your children might be able to take care of you.

The same system was in place in Europe and the US not so long ago. But then the need to have more children disappeared. Because the government took care of you when you retire or get sick.

23. J.B Banned Banned

HAITI
    The Republic of Haiti, the only completely Black republic in the Western Hemisphere also happens to be the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. It also has the lowest life expectancy, highest illiteracy,lowest per capita consumption of newsprint, lowest per capita GNP, and the lowest level of political stability.

ICELAND
    Iceland, the only all-White nation in the world, has the world's highest literacy rate. 100%. It is an island of cooled volcanic magma, located Just south of the Arctic Circle. It has no coal, no fuel,no timber, no mineral wealth or natural resources, and no navigable rivers.75% of the interior is uninhabitable and only about 1% of the land is arable.It is the youngest nation in Europe and one of the most isolated countries in the world. Nonetheless, Iceland is #2 in the world in life expectancy and has one of the world's highest standards of living, in terms of per capita income. It has tremendous medical facilities and a thriving publishing business. Virtually every family has a telephone. Upon graduation from high school, each Icelandic student has learned five languages.