Was Satan wrong to demand equal rights in heaven?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Who made the serpent talk if not Satan?

She, in Vatican art, could not speak without supernatural help. Who took her over to make her speak?

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. billvon Valued Senior Member

QED.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

^

Thanks for agreeing.

Regards
    DL

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

It was not agreement.

"QED" stands for quod erat demonstrandum, a Latin term meaning "the above demonstrates what I stated." I posted that you do very little other than attack religion using leading questions, and posted a question so ludicrously leading that only you would post something like it. You not only agreed with it, but actually thought it was "great" - thus demonstrating what I stated.

8. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Oh ya. Huf, huf.

Just kidding.

Regards
    DL

9. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

I wish they wouldn't call them churches.

10. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I hear you. That word is supposed to mean something good. Not what they have become.

Regards
    DL

11. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

satan wasnt asking for equal rights, he was asking for more rights then he deserves

12. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

That is a she unless you think men have women's breasts. Go see Michelangelo's Eden picture in the Vatican collection to see them.

How do you know that she wanted more than she deserved and why would she not deserve them?

Regards
    DL

13. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

god does not have a gender but he thinks like a man

14. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Modern Gods perhaps. Most of the older Gods were androgynous and strangely, so weas the Jewish God so if Jesus was born from that God and Mary, then Jesus was biologically a female.

Regards
    DL

15. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

jesus was a son of god till his transfiguration, when he became one with god so he was male

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Yet Yahweh was androgynous to the Jews.

Jesus has to be judged on his morals just like all the archetypes.

Care to engage on a moral level?

Human sacrifice is evil and your God demanding one and accepting one is evil.

You trying to profit from that evil is evil. Do just a bit of thinking and you will agree.

Imagine you have two children. One of your children does something wrong – say it curses, or throws a temper tantrum, or something like that. In fact, say it does this on a regular basis, and you continually forgive your child, but it never seems to change.

Now suppose one day you’ve had enough, you need to do something different. You still wish to forgive your child, but nothing has worked. Do you go to your second child, your good child, and punish it to atone for the sins of the first?

In fact, if you ever saw a parent on the street punish one of their children for the actions of their other child, how would you react? Would you support their decision, or would you be offended? Because God punished Jesus -- his good child -- for the sins of his other children.

Interestingly, some historical royal families would beat their slaves when their own children did wrong – you should not, after all, ever beat a prince. The question is: what kind of lesson does that teach the child who actually did the harm? Does it teach them to be a better person, to stop doing harm, or does it teach them both that they won't themselves be punished, and also that punishing other people is normal? I know that's not a lesson I would want to teach my children, and I suspect it's not a lesson most Christians would want to teach theirs. So why does God?

For me, that’s at least one significant reason I find Jesus’ atonement of our sin to be morally repugnant – of course, that’s assuming Jesus ever existed; that original sin actually exists; that God actually exists; etc.

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

Do you agree?

If not, please show how it is morally and legally good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty, bearing in mind that all legal systems think that punishing the guilty is what is justice.

Regards
    DL

17. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

god did not torture his son. the people did. and to blame god for what people did is what you are doing

18. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Can God choose to have Jesus killed without deciding who will kill him?

No he cannot. If one piece is preordained in a mosaic, then all pieces are.

Regards
    DL

19. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

god did not choose him to die, you misunderstand the text.

20. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

And no 1 can die for me without my approval.
    And what great sacrifice was it to finally do what he came to do then go on to live happily ever after in paradise.

21. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

people chose him to die, god chose him as his anointed one.

22. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

You are too dumb for me if you cannot understand that simple quote or give a correction in a post claiming error.

Regards
    DL

23. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I hear you. Christians have believed garbage from the day the decimated the Gnostic Christians. The thinking part of Christianity.

We are back and they have been slowly going down for quite a while now. Islam will follow them soon as people are fed up with destructive and immoral religions and their imaginary Gods.

Jesus preached to seek the living God and not the dead ones in books and spiritual people are opting for that and not the misogynous and homophobic ones.

Regards
    DL