Was 9-11 a government conspiracy?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Euler is my Hero, Jan 18, 2006.

1. duendy Registered Senior Member

well you cerTAINLY aint my type you patronizing bore....and blind. 2plus two equals 4 yeah. but not fo yo

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Geez, try to be nice and get insulted. Ah well, at least you listened, somewhat.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Alejandro -2 Minutes To Midnight- Registered Senior Member

thanks. reading some of these posts is like Rush Limbaugh in reverse.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. River Ape Valued Senior Member

I do not take issue with you for raising this very pertinent question. And yet, looking back much further that 2001, it does seem remarkable how many people have been involved in conspiracies of silence.

For me, living in Cheltenham, home of GCHQ, one very clear example of a conspiracy of silence comes very naturally to mind. Some three thousand people in this town are engaged in the capture and interpretation of signals intelligence -- and they are sworn to secrecy about their work. I cannot tell you what knowledge resides within the walls of the "Doughnut". But this I can tell you: when Bletchley Park was the centre of SIGINT operations, an even greater number of people were employed. And yet the very existence of the Bletchley Park operation (where the Enigma secrets were unravelled) remained a secret for decades after WWII. All the histories of WWII written in the immediate postwar years, and on through the fifties and sixties, were written in ignorance of the knowledge that the German codes had been broken. (Just a handful of historians were in on the secret, permitted to let it inform their opinions, but not allowed to divulge it in their writing.)

Looking back even further, we know that the entire US press agreed to keep it secret that FDR was a cripple. The British press long kept secret from the British public the relationship between the Prince of Wales (later Edward VIII) and the American divorcee he was later to marry. Again, it is now widely accepted that the supposed "Gulf of Tonkin Incident" that provoked the Vietnam War was fabricated by the CIA. How many US navy personnel knew or guessed the truth from the start but kept stum? And yet these examples pale into insignificance by comparison with the deceits carried out by less scrupulous governments!

In short: I rate as pretty high the ability of governments and other organisations to hush things up or keep a lid on them. That ability is greater than one might reasonably expect. However, with regard to conspiracy theories, in my opinion, insofar as they are based on selective eye-witness testimonies, they are based on bugger all!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2006
  8. AmishRakeFight Remember, remember. Registered Senior Member

I suppose I live on the fringes of society

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

because apparently that conspiracy's acceptancy wasn't wide enough to reach where I am. I've never met a sane person who in all seriousness told me what you just told me. You might as well have just said:

But other than that, good call.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  9. Happeh Registered Senior Member

I thought they had actually come out and said this was a setup? One of the people involved admitted to it?

10. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

- N

11. Happeh Registered Senior Member

You think Amis will show up and admit he was wrong?

Naw. No one on this board has the testicles to own up to a mistake.

12. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Least of all you. You refuse to admit, despite overwhelming evidence against it, that your "happeh theory" is false.

13. Happeh Registered Senior Member

what overwhelming evidence?

14. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

How about the fact that everyone masturbates, yet noone shows symptoms of your happeh theory? And what about there being no evidence to prove your happeh theory? I'd call that overwhelming evidence. Then again, your opinion of what is evidence and what isn't seems to be rather differed from mainstream science, but that's because you are a crackpot. Your so called "evidence" is photos of people leaning on tables.

15. Happeh Registered Senior Member

You don't know anything.

16. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

What an excellent counter-argument Happeh, absolutely commendable.

17. duendy Registered Senior Member

the wankin thread is over there

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

ROFL good one duendy

but CH is right, happeh has been busted
    but refuses to admit it
    instead he calls people liars, cheats, haters
    and says nobody knows what they are talking about except him

19. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Yes. It was Todd Beamer. He spoke to his wife, said goodbye, then said, "Let's Roll " to his fellow passengers. President Bush even quoted Mr. Beamer as the closing line of one of his speeches after the attacks. Hell, Neil Young even wrote a song about it. There were also phone calls from other passengers, some guy named Mark something.

If this is all fabricated, it's a pretty good job. I first heard the story on the BBC news the night of the attack way before any mention was made in the US media. I was up all nite that day checking various reports.

The US can't even keep its phone taps or "secret prisons" secret, you think it could cover this up!

20. Happeh Registered Senior Member

Anything greater would be a waste of energy on you.

21. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

The key to keeping secrets isn't keeping them, but making sure people don't believe them in the first place.

- N

22. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

"Well-publicised yes, but well documented? How is it that the WTC attacks were caught on numerous cameras but the Pentagon attack was not?"

Wow 700 Japanese tourists.

Here is the fun thing about your theories: You think to yourself- "700 tourists! They must be taking pictures and have out their video cameras! Since we have no pictures from them, it must be a conspiracy! A vast coverup!"

Now if you had ever been on a Military Installation you would know that you are not allowed to be taking pictures/movies of the installation unless you have written permission. Now since im in the Military I know this. But since you are not, you do not know of this policy. Obviously NY does not have this restriction. Open your mind people.

23. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Oh the irony. Many posters have spent their energy on showing you established facts and research countering your absurd "Happeh Theory", yet you dismiss everything they say as "high school nonsense", or similar.