Warhammer 40k Vs StarTrek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Fettman, Jun 4, 2007.

?

Who would win?

1. Warhammer40k

26 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. StarTrek

18 vote(s)
    40.9%
  1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

dawn of war is a good RTS i have played it a good few times, fire warrior though is a piece of shit dont buy it you will be dissapointed.

peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SaphireKosmos Registered Member

I didn't so much mean that the Tau couldn't fight in melee, just that it wasn't the best course of action for their strengths and weaknesses, that and I forgot about the kroots. The star child theory is an intersting one, liked it the first time you told it to me. ;-P and the Emporer would destroy anyone in star trek with no problem.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Oh its you...I had a feeling lol

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

We need to get some tekkies over here to start things up again

8. SaphireKosmos Registered Member

What, like a horrible shiver, or fear? But yea it's me, in all my miniscule, nonexisting glory. I have to agree that the Emporer would beat Q no prob, its like Greivious vs a little kitten, just one big, horrible blood bath.

9. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

lol btw i have played fire worrior and its not that bad of a game not great but not bad just rent it.

10. SaphireKosmos Registered Member

yea, haven't played it, saw the garbage dispenser play it though, looked fun. I would of pmed you but I don't have enough posts.

11. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

If we can get some trekkies here we can get to debating >_>

12. SaphireKosmos Registered Member

I'm thinking of starting a Halo vs Star Trek, Star Trek might have a chance if it's just the humans.

13. SaphireKosmos Registered Member

14. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Covent vs St would be better

15. SaphireKosmos Registered Member

yea,more even tech, but the arbitor would kill kirk like Vader killed babies. But what abot flood vs Stare Trek?

16. SaphireKosmos Registered Member

Gotta go, later.

17. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

So a larg battle fleet of the Imperium of Man led by the Emperor come out of the warp only to find earth under the control of the Fed, now the warp gate stays open and alows chaos to come in full force but also the imperium can make jumps back to their time what happens when the Emperor sees holy terra under control of the Fed?

18. SaphireKosmos Registered Member

The Emporer takes Terra back with vengance.

19. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

A full out war between Borg and Necron?

20. SteinerNein Registered Member

Borg lose, Necron win.

The Necrons warp the laws of physics to their advantage, their repair mechanisms are beyond anything the Borg can offer and their weaponry are far superior. There is no armor/structure that can withstand Necron weaponry as theirs tend to rip atoms apart regardless of bonding strength and geometry. Furthermore, I believe they do have some shield passing weaponry and aren't retarded and have Death Star-esque weak points.

Plus, if the Necron feel inclined to board the enemy ship what are the Borg going to do? Zombie walk their way towards an Immortal group and its Lord only to get flayed by gauss weaponry?

21. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Could Borg assimlate Necron I say no because the fact that Necron are magic

22. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Also what about Demons?

23. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Okay, vast misunderstanding of the Borg.

The Borg only walk to their targets because they don't find them a threat. Also, it gives time for other drones, such as tactical drones, to move into a flanking position, thus cutting off escape. Their targets will often be slow to move since they're also trying to kill the borg (in most cases), thus while they're paying attention to the drones that are shambling toward them, they don't know about the drones that are moving to cut them off. And to the borg, a single drone is nothing. In fact, a single Cube is nothing. They are a vast mind that make up thousands of different races, and millions, if not billions of each of them. Killing a few thousand drones is like a man with a needle trying to fend of a T-Rex, at best, all he can do is annoy it while the dino just laughs at his puny effort.

Also, Necrons have shown no actual immunity to being assimilated. Only species 8472 has ever resisted the Borg, and that was because 8472 had an immune system so great, that it destroyed any foreign objects instantly. And even if the Necrons did have this, it wouldn't work as the Borg got Voyager's research from 7 of 9 upon her reconnection to the hive mind, thus the Borg would only have to scan or capture a single cell of these things, immitate the tactic used on 8472, and the proced to destroying them.

of course, the Necrons don't have this, so the borg, facing a simple organic race, would just use warheads filled with nanoprobes, fire them and assimilate entire ships. Even use that one warhead they mentioned in Scorpion that would engulf an entire solar system.

And by the way, even when the UFP managed to bypass the Borg ability to negate their weapons, their weapons still did very little to the ships. And again, if the Necrons are still too powerful, there is always time travel as a means of assimilation.

Of course, 40k firepower is likely pretty high, even for the borg, but after assimilating one ship, they should improve upon this gap very quickly.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!