War!

Discussion in 'History' started by Omega133, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Off topic: In Wing, Zechs and Treis are perfect examples of dignified, gentleman fighters. You'll see that in the episode where Zechs duels Heero in Antartica.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

I meant for defenders. Rubble makes good defense. Attacking it is pointless except for attacking their troops. For their is no more city.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Force = Mass x Acceleration. Most people go for strength and mass, or balance mass and speed. I only train my muscles in speed, and basic strenuous needed ( I sprint and such ). They can't touch me, they can't hurt me. Also I believe best defense is a good offense

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. I evade, and do really fast strikes in fights ( I rarely had to fight anyways ).

P.S. Personal combat have much in common with war. One can tell another's fighting style in wars by their style in personal combat.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

No. Rubble = get the tanks out and get elite infantry in. Did you see what the rubble did to the Panzers in Stalingrad? Russians "hugged" their enemy. I read 70 ( or is it 60 or 80 ) Great Battles of History, its awesome ( Lord/Vice-Admiral Nelson FTW ). Russians gave it their best.

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Ah, got you.

9. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Go for the HQ and strategic choke points. Its like cutting off its head and tying its hands and feet.

10. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Oh, I didn't see that comment before posting either. More buildings and road blocks = better defense.

11. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Er, Fuller & co started that idea...
    And the Germans (well actually I think it was an American reporter) called it Blitzkrieg.

12. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

I think one things for sure, don't mess with the Russians. Napoleon's defeat at the battle of Waterloo. And Hitler's defeat at the battle of Stalingrad.

13. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Same with Athrun Zala ( Gundam SEED/Destiny ), how he did hurt Cagalli when he first meet her, and how he kills the best troops and spare the grunts( Kira Yamato and Shinn kill the masses first ) ( not to mention not going for the cockpit ). He is pretty smart though. Lelouch vi Britannia ( Code Geass ) is one of those "do anything to win" kind of person, but he is a genius. I like taking the enemy's best and the leader and spare the poor cannon fodders. Its not really off topic, because its somewhat related to war. I refuse to use Zech, I use his real name Millardo Peacecraft.

14. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Yeah, lighting war..... Spare the poor cannon fodders

, resources, time and strengthens morale.

15. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

They have so many troops that you will never kill them all.

16. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

This is kind of a spoiler so don't read it if you want to watch Gundam Wing Endless Waltz. The Gundam pilots, Peacecraft, and Lt. Noin, tired of killing during war start disabling the enemy mobile suits instead of destroying the whole thing to save the people inside them.

17. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

I beleive that's China.

18. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I saw that coming....Its a common trait among the protagonists Gundam ( mabey except Gundam OO, but its kinda hard to Terria not to kill the pilot with his giant cannons, Allelujah, Lockon and Sestuna sometimes disarm too, but mostly they kill )

19. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Russia/Soviet Union does it too.....but China and India does it on a grander scale...

20. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Of course Russia wastes their troops. Watch Enemy At The Gates and you'll see what I mean in the first 5-10 minutes.

21. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Wait, this is in history section?? Wow, we are off topic, because I don't think they have Gundams in history text books and notable wars/battles in history.

22. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

On National Geographic, they said all the Russians in Stalingrad was a warm body carrying a rifle, with little or no training....man, I feel sorry for the poor cannon fodder :bawl:, that's why I support people like Athrun Zala ( too bad he is not real )

23. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Well, the OP(original post aka first message) does say even future warfare.