War, what is it good for?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wesmorris, Feb 25, 2005.

1. duendy Registered Senior Member

meant to ssay that there is "NO Intelligence in playing that [war] game"

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

In that scenario one side was attacking and starting a war , in the "utopia of non violence scenario :bugeye: " No one attacks anyone else... so no wars or genocides would start.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

If for any reason I find myself in a utopia, -I- will go ahead and start a war if nobody else will.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

why ? that reminded me of "The Hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy" it was very (out of the box) and funny... good job I can imagine a guy sitting at a lecture somwhere and shooting the guy next to him with the words "im tired of this bullshit harmony".

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Utopia would lead to nothing other than stagnation and eventual human extinction. We would become softer and less adaptable until even what would normally be a relatively minor problem would bring everything crashing down. On top of that, a world without conflict would be stripped of any meaning.

9. duendy Registered Senior Member

cause "Utopia" is a false idea coming from Platonic philsopher which believed in slaves, and land ownership and fascist states run by 'philosopher-kings' including him......He was an Idealist and denigraTED Nature

what we NEEd is a seeing THROUGH such myths as that. when you SEe through a game, then you dont have to play it. if you'd seen through the propaganda of the Nazis you wouldn't have joined up. though admittedly doing so would have been very dangerous. but noone said it is easy to not conform

10. Jaybee from his cast Banned Banned

Then that isn't a true Utopia, just this world +5/10/50 etc. years. Gene engineering would eliminate that lust for blood you're suffering long before we reach Utopian levels.

Jaybee.

11. duendy Registered Senior Member

Listen to the Intelligence of NATURE...not some long dead farty old philosopher with his dodgy dream of 'utopia'. NOt depending on a ridiculous notion of utopia does not mean we cant all live togther and treat Nature with repsect

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

In nature, there is more violence and killing than you can shake a stick at!!

The gazelle, for example, seems to exist specifically to provide food for the lions, leopards, cheetahs and hyenas.

What "nature" are you talking about??

Baron Max

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

If so, do you realize that that would mean that everyone would agree about everything? Because disagreements lead to conflicts and violence and wars.

It would also mean that talking to anyone would be like talking to yourself ...all of his thoughts are your own thoughts. If not, there might be disagreement ....and we can't have that in Utopia, can we.

Baron Max

14. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Great... zombies. I would then gengineer some to be more violent and dangerous... forcing everyone else to keep pace. Everything must be done to keep the game playing for as long as possible.

15. duendy Registered Senior Member

the one yu and your mindset is fkin up BIG time.
    the one your midset wants to escape from--hates, justifies its own degradation Of it by callin it completely violent, but it isn't JUSt that. yes the leopard, lion, kills to EAT. that is natrual. what people do AINt as its based on ridculous and VERy dangerous belief-systems which divide you FROM Nature

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

But just where do you think those "...dangerous belief-systems" come from? Yep, that's right ...human nature, human characteristics. Greed, selfishness, ego-centricism, violence, ...among others.

Baron Max

17. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

If we were being "natural", Odin and duendy would have their skullz bashed in for being weaklings.

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, Wes, that's true. But watch how "violently" they post retorts of our posts! ...LOL!

Baron Max

19. duendy Registered Senior Member

oh dear....listen: not ALL of our species are caught up in the same self-destructive belief systems you seem to promote and then laugh a lot about. as is your wont

your attitude about these serious issues is actually pre-adolescent--though i am sure 11 year olds would contribute much more intelligent suggestions and insights

so where are we...? you love war and love concreting over Nature....?

20. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

if people werent insistent on being such dicks there wouldnt be any need for war.we need to start screening people who want to have babies.i'll make judgements.

21. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

That's a mighty big IF. "being a dick" is subjective. At least the person who is "being a dick" generally does not see their actions as such. They feel justified in their actions. You add to my argument regarding divergence of value.

Seems like a bad idea. Are you going to be a dick about it if people don't let you?

22. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

i would think that being a dick can be summed up as not treating others as you would like to be treated,although their are exceptions to this (masochists for example).im gonna be dictator so no one will have a choice.and if not i will run around infecting people with clamedia.

23. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

but that would start a war.