War on drugs, Chinese style

Discussion in 'World Events' started by dixonmassey, Nov 10, 2005.

1. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

Like ive said before, the U.S. "War on Drugs" is a joke. You either treat it like alcohol and cigarettes (which kill hundreds of thousands of people a year and yet are still legal...) or you do it Chinese style and execute people. You cant half ass it like we do.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Cognitive liberty is a human birthright. It's how spirituality has been practiced for thousands of years. China and fascist countries like the US try to outlaw states of mind because they have an interest in keeping people miserable. Illegality forces people into disfunctional relationships with second-rate substances. What is needed is placing natural hallucinogens into a integrated cultural context. There has never before been as much of a need for this as now.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Baron Max:

That's debateable, and I suspect you have nothing to support it. Chinese drug crime statistics, perhaps? Do you really think China accurately reports its crime rates, especially to other countries?

The fact is, in the US, the "tough on drugs" laws which almost every politician campaigns about in every election, have been tried over the last 30-40 years (at least). They don't work. Making the penalties for drug use or drug trafficking harsher clearly is no deterent. You could introduce a mandatory death sentence for traffickers tomorrow and I'm betting it would have no effect at all on the amount of drugs entering the US.

What is actually needed is a completely new approach. Can you think of one? I can.

Spoken like someone who has never actually had to fight for anything in his life.

You're lucky, Baron. You've led a charmed life for your 61 years. If only everybody was in such a privileged position.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, we could keep executing the drug users until there were no more users to which the drugs could be sold! No users, no one to sell drugs to, then no drug pushers. That would also solve some of the over-population problems in the world at the same time.

I'm sure that you'd know that, James. But isn't that one of those "added hominy" arguments? That ain't nice, is it?

Baron Max

8. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

Add a little ethnic cleansing to the mix and Herr Baron would be in his element

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Man I hate facism. I would rather live with ten thousand drug addicts than one of you Baron.

c20

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, ye're getting your wish ...drug addiction and related crime is on the increase in almost every nation of the world. So I'm sure that ye're happy as a pig in shit on hot Texas day!

Baron Max

10. Roman Banned Banned

How do we even know these people were executed for drug poossession?

Does anyone here even know chinese?

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Good point.

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, the main topic heading says "War on Drugs, Chinese Style" ....what else are we supposed to think? Surely you can't mean that someone would post a fuckin' lie here at the sciforums!?!?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

13. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

Different picture maybe, same story.

>>> Source

10. Newsbrief: China Defends Executing Drug Offenders

In the wake of criticism following its customary celebration of UN International Anti-Drugs Day by executing dozens of drug offenders, the Chinese government has defended its frequent use of the death penalty against traffickers as it cracks down on drug use. A top Chinese anti-drug official said the executions were both popular and necessary, the Associated Press reported.

"The Chinese masses applaud giving the death penalty to drug traffickers," said Yang Fengrui, deputy secretary general of the National Narcotics Control Commission. "Drug trafficking has severe social consequences. It's equal to killing people." While the government hopes to "rehabilitate" drug users so they can "return to society," Yang elaborated, it is fully prepared to enact "severe punishment" for criminals.

With more than a million registered drug addicts -- and who knows how many unregistered ones -- the number of Chinese drug users is on the increase. But to be transformed from mere user to "trafficker" eligible for the death penalty requires only possession of five kilos of cannabis resin, one kilo of heroin, or less than two ounces of cocaine.

According to the Associated Press, China executed 28 people on drug charges on International Anti-Drugs Day alone. As DRCNet reported three weeks ago (http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/344/un.shtml), Chinese authorities had spent the whole week before Anti-Drug Day executing dozens, and perhaps hundreds, more.

In a report issued by Amnesty International just before Anti-Drugs Day last month, the human rights organization said "more than 50 people were executed on drug-related charges in just eight of China's 23 provinces in the single week leading up to Anti-Drugs Day last year. The total number across China is likely to have been in the hundreds."

Amnesty International is calling on the Chinese government to halt these executions and to review all future use of the death penalty. "In the week leading up to 26 June, UN Anti-Drugs Day and government measures to tackle drug crime are publicized in the Chinese media. Despite this extra reporting of death sentences, drug-related crime, drug use, and amounts of drugs seized by customs are all at a high level or actually rising in China. This reality seriously undermines official claims that the death penalty is an effective deterrent against drug crime in China."
    >>> End source

peace

c20

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

But if they keep it up, then soon they'll run out of drug-runners and users! It only stands to reason, don't it? If western doo-gooders would keep their damned noses out of it, and the Chinese keep killing druggies, then it'll work.

Baron Max

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I thought you were kidding. Altering your consciousness with substances is a natural human predeliction. Drug users can be anyone, they aren't freaks of nature that you can cull from the herd.

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, sure, but as soon as you find/discover a drug user, or someone turns them in to the authorities, then shoot the bastards. Soon, there ain't gonna' be no more drug users! ...and even if some are brave/stupid enough to use drugs, they'll have to be so far 'underground' that it probably won't matter to anyone, authorities included.

Yes, drug users ARE freaks of nature!

Baron Max

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Are you ready to shoot your own children if they experiment with drugs? That seems a tad harsh. Maybe you need to do some :m: and chill the fuck out.

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

What about legal drug users. Should we shoot them too?

19. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Nah. They will kill themselves off eventually.
    If you want to hurry it along, start taking confiscated cocaine, splicing it with anthrax, and putting it back on the street.

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Excellent idea! Perhaps we could use different poisons in lieu of anthrax, plus if we used different poisons each batch, they wouldn't be looking for it so intently. And to make it interesting and more fun, we could lace the stuff with SLOW ACTING poisons, then when they show up at the emergency rooms, we could have them arrested and thrown in prison!!

Baron Max

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

See? You're all fucked up ...I wouldn't shoot MY OWN kids, for god's sake. That would be the task of a neutral executioner, not me!! But in answer to your idiotic question .....the answer is 'yes', if he/she fucked up and the penalty was death, I'd cry while the bullet was fired into his/her brain.

Harsh? No, it isn't harsh. What is harsh is the horrid effects of drug addiction on people, families, cities and crime. What's "harsh" mean? And to whom?

Baron Max

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So long Rush Limbaugh then.

Look at the horrid effects of heart disease, should we shoot anyone caught eating fatty foods? Drug addiction is a health problem that should be treated by a doctor.

23. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

You know I grudgingly accept most of your points here, and definately understand the spirit of your message. Consider though, the founders of this country willfully disobeyed society's rules and laws because they found them to be unjust.

Let me ask something further: Do you think obediance citizens are the only kind of citizens that should be allowed to continue breathing? Are you obediant? If you find what society declares to be law to be an obediance you are unwilling to bide by, should you be shot in the head?

The idea of obediance makes me sick. I'm not society's fucking dog. Society is here to serve me, and I serve society. The relationship is symbiotic, not "do what soceity says or die".

Last edited: Nov 17, 2005