War! (never been so much fun...)

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Neville, Mar 16, 2003.

1. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

jak719 – I’ll bite too; we don’t have enough “patriots” here. So what does Iraq have to do with 9/11?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

That expression gets tossed around SO much.

It could mean anything from a democratic society and government system (which I don't think there is any reasonable reason to think not going to war would threaten that) to the convenience of TV, flight and Nike.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I think being a flag waving patriot closing our eyes to the actions of our government is the REAL threat to our "way of life" if that means a democratic government.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Apparently flag waving is easier than thought.

8. jak719 Registered Member

Its not just fighting for you government. Its avenging the deaths of your fellow innocent American citizens. And the people who died trying to save them. If we dont do anything than it will just happen again and again. We cant let them walk all over us. And if you arent willing to fight, you can atleast support the ones who are fighting to keep this country free. They put their lives on the line to let us live our life peacefully and you dont even support that. If you dont they mine as well just die over there. Because why would they want to come back when they arent even appreciated. It seems like they are fighting for nothing. But they still do it because they know that they are doing it so all of us can have a better life. A life without having to worry about terrorists or crazy dictators who hate and envy America. You know, the only thing I can think of right now is Nathan Hale. And his speech and last word right before he was hung by the British after being discovered on his reconaissance mission which he volunteered for and didnt have to do. "My only regret is that I have but, one life to lose for my country."

9. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

So what does Iraq have to do with 9/11?

10. JOHANNsebastianBACH concert master Registered Senior Member

when 9/11 happened it forced us look at other threats.

ITS TIME TO BOMB SADDAM

11. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

I’d still like to hear jak719’s response, but in the meantime... so why is Hussein a higher priority threat than bin Laden et al?

12. JOHANNsebastianBACH concert master Registered Senior Member

he is not a higher priority, but we dont know where bin-laden is, so right now we must KILL SADDAM and then worry about Koria and then start killing TERRORISTS.

13. JOHANNsebastianBACH concert master Registered Senior Member

Also. we need to show the world that we will not sit around and take it up the ass.

14. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Are you being serious or acting like this to get a laugh or something?

15. JOHANNsebastianBACH concert master Registered Senior Member

you must be one of those people who thinks we know where bin-laden is. you probably believe in a ufo conspiricy. If we knew where bin-laden was, he would be dead. We would have killed him. If you think saddam is not a threat then you should seek mentel help. koria is months away from launching missles at our west coast.

16. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

So it makes sense to you to assign bin Laden et al a lower priority just because we don’t know where they are?

17. JOHANNsebastianBACH concert master Registered Senior Member

please say that again in english.

18. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I guess this means you were being serious, huh?

No.

No.
    And what does that have to do with anything?

Probably.

Just why exactly IS he a threat?
    Even if he IS, why does that justify a war?
    What does Bin Laden and Saddam have to do with each other?

Is that so?
    Enlighten me.
    Even if THAT were true, what would waging war on Iraq accomplish regarding Korea launching missles at our West coast?

19. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

et al is a Latin abbreviation for "and others".

20. JOHANNsebastianBACH concert master Registered Senior Member

Saddam, regardless what the protesters say, has weapons of mass destruction AND THE INTENT TO USE THEM. this information comes from U.S. intelligence. he has been working on them since the early 90's. we were supposed to take saddam out years ago but certain political stumps prevented that from happening.

It would show our ZERO tolerance to terror related attacks against Americans.

21. JOHANNsebastianBACH concert master Registered Senior Member

I dont mean a less priority. the United States has more than one problem and only the means to solve one.

22. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

But according to at least on UN weapons inspector, he does not have the ABILITY to use them against US.
    He can't get them here.
    EVEN if he COULD get them here, do you really think we (our military) would not see the attack well in advance to simply blow the missles/planes out of the sky over the ocean?

Saddam Hussein's alleged "weapons of mass destruction" are of no direct threat to US.

By committing terror related attacks of our own?
    Ohhh. I see the logic in that.

23. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

pre-emptive war is like committing suicide because you're afraid of dying.- bismarck