War a World History

Discussion in 'History' started by Michael, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

You know how Japan is presently getting burnt by a couple “whitewash” history books.

Although, to be fair, I am fairly certain ALL Japanese know about the Nanjing Massacre.

Anyway, I was thinking, it’s kind of crap that Chinese brow beat the Japanese while they themselves have killed many more Tibetans and Western Chinese during the Communist take over and subsequent cultureal revolution. Also, I wonder if Chinese know of the absolute massacres their hired militias orchestrated in Iran a few centuries ago? Should they apologies to the Persians now?

Sure, some Xians know of the Crusades as Muslims just love to point to these, however do Muslims know of their own Crusades in India and Spain?

Do the Americans and English know of their massive fire bombing in Germany and Japan? Not to mention that Americans have little to no understanding of the hundreds of thousands of civilians that were nuked in Japan. For no reason mind you - other than to give them the ultimate pay back while showing the world who's going to be running the show from now on.

Do the French appreciate the fact that they destroyed an island paradise in the Pacific? Just to TEST a bloody nuke?

Anyway, as we do know about a lot of this, I think it would be worth while to have an international reorganized History of War (say by the UN et al) that covers all nations and is taught as a pre and moder history for 2 years in high school . . .. supplementary to their normal history lessons . . . . so that any country that wants to can use the book.

Any country that feels something is not historically fair can send Historians to international meetings to discuss the items they feel is unfair and the book can be updated.

In this way, if a nation uses this book then they can not be accused of whitewashing. If China feels Japan is whitewashing then Japan can simply say – well we use this Internationally accepted History of War book . . . do you? And so shut it. I am sure that China with it’s 35 million plus death record due to the great leap backwards would not use the book, hence they’d have to sit down and shut up, until such a time as they could be mature enough to accept what was done in their own past. Much like Amerians are usually taught about their own genocide of their own native peoples as well as their slavery past. Not that they seem to care.

Another plus to this is countries like Chile will be able to have a paragraph in there about the support Americans gave to their dictator – ending in so many Chilians deaths. Even if Americans are a bit to dense to even find our own country on a globe – at least it’ll be acknowledged and the information will be there.

It may put things in perspective huh?

So what do you think? Is it a possibility?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

well, humans are naturally are violent species. its in our genes. nothing complicated, just...its literally as simple as that. humans are meant to fight and to destroy. we should use the tools we've been given, and keep killing. it is our purpose. without purpose, we'd be...lost in a sea of bullshit.
    but, eh...
    but i think Japan should force china to apologize for ther shit they pulled over the last 500 years.
    oh, and one of my friends seems to think that Japan doesnt have an army (yeah, i know. kid is a :bugeye: kinda guy). i says to him that its bullshit, that the japs have an army, but he keeps bitchin' on about the "geneva convention" and other crap...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

ah, well.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

OK yeah it's CNN but this is sort of what I was thinking about:What Chinese textbooks don't say

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.