Vote for who you would most like to be a mod.

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by imaplanck., Oct 23, 2006.

?

Ditto.

Poll closed Oct 30, 2006.
  1. Imaplanck

6.7%
  2. Spuriousmonkey

30.0%
  3. Absane

13.3%
  4. Domesticated Om

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Communist Hamster

6.7%
  6. Geodesic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. ToR

13.3%
  8. Invert Nexus

13.3%
  9. Redarmy11

3.3%
  10. The devil inside

13.3%
  1. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

See, these are rules I like because anyone with a clear mind and a good conscience could put these 4 to good use. However, as I recall you want specific rules that are clear. Definitions.

Example:

3) What is intent? How do display intent? What exactly is harassing?

You and I both know what rule three means. But we need (according to you) to set specific guidelines on how to define these words. Also, there are many kinds of harassment. What if it happened one time and it's mild ("You are ugly" and end of story) or one time and it's severe ("I'm going to cut your throat")? What if it's mild and happens an X number times? Is it more severe than if it happened X-1 times? Should we have banned at X-1? Where do we draw the line for immediate banning? How long should the ban be for every possible instance?

I think it's best to have general rules (as you have it) and not worry so much about every possible case to consider consequences. Everyone that has been on the Internet long enough to stumble upon a forum should have SOME sense of netiquette. A member will know (at least in theory) when they post something that might not be tolerated. A moderator should know when the line is crossed.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Those are specific definitions. If you do not know what intent means you are a loser. You know crap scrap about rules. Fail! FFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

What do you think is more important: the forest or the trees?

I know exactly what the answers may be. Depending on which way you answer, I will know exactly where you are coming from and how we differ.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Irrelevant. F!

8. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I see. Well done.

(not really).

9. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

No really for you. You seem to think that trees and forests have anything to do with effective moderation. Even imaplank managed to pass the test of wits without going to illogical convulsions that you seem to be experiencing.
    F

10. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I gave the exact same answers that Imaplank gave.. however I tried to explain the reality of it. Something you failed to see.

This is cool skill. Everyone agree?

The forest/trees example was me trying to figure out how you view the world. Do you think the overall system is important or ever single peice is just as important as all the others. I think you would go with the latter, but because you claim it is irrelevent, you fail to see connections.

In my opinion, anyway.

I'll give you a C for effort.

11. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

You did no such thing regarding explaining the "reality" of it. You failed because you failed to see the reality of it. Furthermore, you are using mass manipulated connotations regarding the term "reality". Society has a zombified tendancy to call anything negative "reality". Something bad happened. Woops that's just the reality. DO NOT USE REALITY IN MORONIC connotations.

I have explained far more than I needed to, and you still do not know anything. Imaplank seemed to have effectively figured it out. You are too obsessed with idiotic and false connotations of "reality" to know real reality which is attained by successfully completing the test of wits.

12. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I refer to the reality of what is possible, not that when things suck "get over it."

13. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Hey luke licker are you going to give me the vote for being the first to answer your questions satisfactory? or are you going to give it to the first person who copies me?

14. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Obviously not because you failed miserably.
    The test clearly indicates that you failed clear thinking objectivity, and insteald abide by bias, abuse, corruption, and lack of competence.

15. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

You caught me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

It must be hard to do that degree when you fail at clear, objective thinking, Absane.

17. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Damn straight it is. I am thinking of becoming a liberal arts major.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

People do it anyway. Unless you are totally stupid enough to imply that it takes clear objective thinking to complete a degree which any moron can do. It goes to show how really pea sized your brain is.

19. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Any moron can complete a degree in mathematics?

20. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Yes.
    Probably not you considering your lack of ability to reason reasonably.

21. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

If you don't take into account members' reputations, eg the popularity of a particular member, as well as length of membership, how on earth can you make a judgement on which members you can get away with banning and which you can't? What you propose might be fair, lixluke. But it just isn't practical.

22. Roman Banned Banned

you are totally stupid enough to imply that

23. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Troll.