VitalOne's Fallacious Rants Against Atheism

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by VitalOne, Nov 3, 2007.

1. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

I take it you were asleep throughout my last post? I shall try the vital one approach: THAT IS NOT THE ARGUMENT!!11one!

martians might exist, gods might exist.. neither has any supportive evidence to suggest they do and thus atheists withold a belief in them until such time where there is evidence to suggest that they do.

Am I talking in a foreign language?

Look up, read, get a clue.

Point out where I said that.

I have been debating these issues for decades. I can assure you I have heard all the claims and seen all the purported 'evidence'. I want to see what you consider viable evidence for the existence of gods.

Don't be silly. I'll agree there are plenty of claims and plenty of opinions, there isn't any 'evidence'.

What? Get off the crack.

Nobody ever said that they did, merely that they all lack any evidence to suggest they exist. Wakey wakey. Btw all gods are gods...

Where? Those that know me know I wouldn't say leprechauns don't exist, I happen to know one personally.

Then you would be careering on to a completely different road. You could say: " superstring theory is comparable to geocentric theory in that they both lack any evidence to suggest their reality" regardless to their differences. How you get from there to what you're saying is anyones guess. From my last post: "But this is not the argument lol. Come on, how many times need it be explained to you?"

So, how many times?

I guess a few more times :bugeye: That is not the argument. See above.

No it doesn't. It compares one characteristic only: The complete lack of evidence to suggest their existence. Nothing else, nada, zip.

Well that doesn't leave anything - with reference to anything - be it gods, life itself, whether a banana is truly yellow etc etc and so on.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

By believing the existence is unknown, they're in a state of disbelief!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. VitalOne Banned Banned

Uhm....can you tell me how this isn't a non-sequitur? You simply re-stated for the millionth time the same logic...

Please tell me what is your argument and what is the point of mentioning FSMs, Zeus, Martians, etc...even though they have absolutely nothing to do with the existence of God...

Also your martian exmaple is not analgous, there SHOULD be evidence present on Mars that martians existed, but this evidence is absent, where as with God there should NOT be (direct) evidence present that God exists, and there is NOT

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. VitalOne Banned Banned

No they're not

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

you're deluded by your great atheistic bias (faith)

By believing something us unknown they're in neither belief nor disbelief...if I believe the existence of aliens is unknown it means I make no claims regarding whether or not aliens actually exist meaning I neither believe aliens exist nor disbelieve that aliens exist...

It's absolutely not the same as disbelief nor belief, it is neither

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

There is no evidence for design. Btw, could you talk to your god about extending the "Expiry Date" stamped on my forehead?

Massive? Have you even an iota of evidence revealing design?

9. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

No, where was that said?

As I did say to you, it comes down to weight. ID doesn't have any when scrutinised, (indeed intelligent design has had to be renamed incompetent design). Of course we can debate the ins and outs of this claimed evidence but it still remains a giant leap away from worship, sacrifices, only eating certain foods, behaving in a certain sexual manner etc etc.

Not really, no. There is in fact none.

Any man of reason that has looked at the claimed evidence would do the same. You've already told everyone here that theists are illogical, so why would anyone take them seriously?

However, what are you telling me exactly? That anything you claim is evidence must be accepted? Hmm...

10. VitalOne Banned Banned

Right so you admit it, nothing is considered evidence to you besides things like "well if one day God came down" or "well if you prayed and revived an amputee's leg"

Right? Basically anything realistically measurable, verifiable, etc...is not considered evidence to you, right?

11. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

You did catch me on this, I misspoke again. My mistake.

What I meant to say was, if they think the existence of God is unknown, and you ask them if God exists and they say any answer other than yes, then they're in a state of disbelief.

12. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Explained clearly on the last.. well, few posts. The fact that it all flies over your head is a personal issue between yourself and yourself.

Apologies, I didn't realise you'd explored mars. :bugeye:

Nothing has currently shown itself as being viable evidence to suggest the existence of any of the billions of gods, no. If you're trying to claim that a certain specific god exists then you'll have to do a tad better than 'a banana has a pull tab just like a coke can and thus was designed!'.

13. VitalOne Banned Banned

Science is naturalism, ID cannot be in BY DEFAULT

ROFL, do you enjoy lieing?

There's the anthropic principle, the problem of induction, the deisgn features in cells, etc...

If that's true why have many physicists, nobel prize winners, etc...admitted the immensely strong evidence for design?

For instance Paul Davies, a physicist list Intelligent Design as one of the eight possible explanations for the anthropic principle

You ONLY re-confirm what I said, atheism is 100% falsifiable, you never will believe in God because you don't want to believe in God, it has absolutely nothing to do with evidence and it never has, what it does have to do with is you enjoying being an atheist and ridiculing religion

14. VitalOne Banned Banned

WTF? What's wrong with you, you take anything other than yes to automatically be atheism...

The spectrum IS NOT BLACK AND WHITE

Yes, No OR I don't know (unknown)

15. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Vital, if one does not believe in something, they're in a state of disbelief. This is a fact. So yes, any answer other than yes IS atheism. One doesn't have to actively believe that God doesn't exist to be an atheist. If one simply doesn't have belief in God, that qualifies as well. Hence, strong vs weak.

16. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Ambiogenesis is a theory that explains the gradual increase in the complexity of structures.
    How can you say that RNA is completely different from amino acids, when they are MADE of amino acids (among other things)? the same process that creates one results in the other.
    It is an explanation based on scientific methodology, that is being studied and that is progressing, and that offers a solution to the problem, rather than push it foward, like the alternatives does, and therefore much more suiting to less permissive intelects.

You say i have no knowledge of biology, while having NO knowledge of my academic background, and while you're the one being flamed by everyone else in the thread for your complete incapacity do understand very simple concepts. I think you are better off without the personal offenses, as you are indeed a very easy target.

no, it's not. that is a terrible alegory.

i thought you were refering to the "problem" of information, and not still in the anti-abiogenesis argument.

blindly? BLINDLY
    may I remind you that the method being applied to the study of abiogenesis is the scientific method? it is the same method that allowed for us to know that certain chemical elements existed before they could have been evidenced, and is the same method that allows you to take a pill whenever you feel a discomfort and then fell the discomfort go away.

it is outrageous how easily a person can show such disdain for science while this person is able to sit confortably at home after a hot shower, type their insanities on a computer and foward them over the internet.

17. VitalOne Banned Banned

Yeah you explained it as "I don't believe in X since there's no evidence, so I also don't believe in God since there's no evidnece"

I asked you to clarify and all you did was give other examples ("I don't believe in Martians")

Uhm Robots have...

ROFL, you can only show that an intelligent cause exists if you gain design that could not have arisen naturally

Who or what the intelligent cause is is unknown

18. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

where are these realistically measurable and verifiable evidences?

19. VitalOne Banned Banned

ROFL....you're so funny

If one does not believe in something they are in the state of disbelief
    If one does believe in something they are in the state of belief
    If one does not believe nor disbelieve in something they are in neither belief nor disbelief

Looks like you must be blinded by the atheistic faith, it's not black and white, its not simply yes or no

20. VitalOne Banned Banned

Right...and if you knew anything about biology you would know that this is an unsupported theory, there's no empirical evidence supporting it ROFL, but all of a sudden the atheist no longer requires evidence to believe

Not even one of those supposed phases can be shown in labs, they simply speculate "well this must have happened, we don't need no f*** evidence, we know it COULD be true"

YES BLINDLY

In fact new geological findings tell us that the Earth was not what Miller or Urey thought at all, thereby setting us all the way back, it's no wonder a lot of biologists are favoring panspermia to explain it

21. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Its relevance to anything I said?

All shown as worthless. What was it you said? Ah yes.. use google.

Because they're theists.

This statement is simple idiocy. It's not a choice. I can say that I personally don't care either way - I will manage perfectly well whether a god exists or not, however 'want' doesn't come into the question. Needless to say one cannot just sit down and squeeze themselves into belief of something they lack a belief in. If you think otherwise kindly accept my challenge and start believing in leprechauns, (you only need to do it for 5 minutes then you can go back to disbelief :bugeye: ).

Any joy vital? Did you somehow manage to get yourself to believe in leprechauns? Of course you didn't, you don't have a choice in the matter. If however you then saw a leprechaun you would believe in them regardless to what anyone else thought. There is no choice vital, take the time to understand that.

More idiocy. I don't "enjoy" being an atheist anymore than I enjoy being a non-alchemist or non-astrologer, your statement is ludicrous. As for ridiculing religion.. I'd rather not have to - alas it exists and spreads it's idiocy everywhere it goes.

22. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Vital, can you explain to me how the hell someone can not believe and not disbelieve at the same time when not believing is the very definition of disbelieving??

23. VitalOne Banned Banned

Uhm...its relevant because ID cannot be in science by definition

Ofcourse it's worthless, ask for evidence, deny and reject evidence, then say there's no evidence (that I would accept)

All praise the great atheistic faith

Uhm...a lot of them were atheists before

then became theists because of the evidence...I'm sure your great atheistic faith cannot handle this

If this is true why do you use the atheistic strategy...ask for evidence, deny and reject evidence given, then say see there's no evidence (I would accept), then when asked so what would you consider to be evidence give very unrealistic things like "Well if one day God came down" or "Well if you revive an amputee's leg", otherwise if that evidence isn't provided I'll never believe nor CONSIDER any evidence given