Viewpoints

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Benji, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Benji Registered Senior Member

Been a while since i posted here, maybe some of you will remember me maybe not but here's my take on world events so far.

The war is into its 2nd week, 23 British servicemen dead most killed by Americans, god knows how many Americans dead most killed by thier own side or in accidents, hundreds of Iraqi's dead.
    The possiblity of millions dying of thirst of starvation in the citys of Iraq.

When did life become so unvalued?

Allied forces bogged down around the major population area's of southen and central Iraq, saddams forces dressing in civilian cloths and using gurrilla tactic's, allied commanders admiting that we are in for a long drawn out conflict.

What the hell are we doing?

This wasnt how it was scripted, what happened to the cheering Iraqi's giving us a warm welcome?

I'll tell you - they were never going to be cheering Iraqi's, thier not as stupid as we thought, we are invading thier country and theres bound to be massive resistance.

Thats why its taken us 3 days to secure a small port like Umm qusar and we've been surrounding Basara for 4 days without moving into the city.

We gotta start facing facts, the only strong support we can expect from the Iraqi people is from the Kurds in the north, the sh'iite muslims are not going to uprise in massive numbers and overthrow the baath party as the retarded military planners expected.

I was anti war before we started firing cruise missiles and im still of that opinion now, what has supprised me is the number of weak minded people who dont understand that you can be pro allied forces and anti war at the same time.

Its not a choise!

The numbers say it all, 57% against war before we went in now its 56% in favour, apart from lots of deaths what has changed?

Still no WMD's found, still no smoking gun.

The sole justification given for this war was that saddams regime was developing WMD's, does that mean Blair and Bush could be put on trial for war crimes if no such WMD's are found?

I think this war will last months if not years, the death toll for allied forces will be in the hundreds if not thousands the ecconmical cost will massive with billions being spent on the military campaign alone, i dont even want to consider the clean up cost of rebuilding Iraq.

Is it all worth it?

If Bush and Blair had to go to every allied servicemens home and tell the wives and mothers of our boys that thier not comming home do you think we would be at war in the first place?

Iv asked a few questions in this post, i understand my points of view are not shared by everyone but i would appricate your thoughts on these issues.

i'll end up with a quote from Plato 'only the dead have seen an end to war'.

:m: :m: <-- so who's gonna skin up?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shadows technocrat:Teach me Registered Senior Member

That is because most of iraq has been brainwashed. We are facing the equilvant of the gestople in the south and the ss in the north. It will take months. Then we have to win over their hearts and minds. It wasn't scripted like this but 4 armored thrusts would have done the trick in 2 weeks.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

America is the more brainwashed country. Even I am programmed with Bush slogans- but I liked the Elder better: This naked aggression will not stand.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SuperFudd Registered Senior Member

One strange thing I have noticed is the people of Basra, Iraq's second largest city, seem to be very short of water and food while the people of Bagdad are doing well on those counts. Also the government thugs are openly killing the people of Basra but not the people of Bagdad (yet).
    Why do you think that is?

As for the search for WMDs, we control very little of Iraq and have very little time for WMD seaches. Be patient.