Vegetarians

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by eddie monkey, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

A vegetarian could argue the same thing about all the McDonald's commercials on T.V. Or Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell (well, ok, maybe not meat, but they claim it is)... anyway I could go on. Do you think meat eaters do less shoving down veggies throats? For that matter, everyone argues different diets (Atkins diet, low fat, low calories)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xev Registered Senior Member

Wouldn't know, I don't watch tv. But McDonald's is a corporation, hence driven to make money, not to spread an ideology of "eat meat".

Vegetarians, however, seem compelled to yowl everywhere about how wonderful their diet is.

I've never seen a omnivore give me a dirty look for eating the salad-with-tofu-burger. Why must vegetarians lecture their meat-eating acquaintances, then?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. shadows technocrat:Teach me Registered Senior Member

is it a plot to try to keep everyone from noticing how terrible it is by saying it is good for you?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

are not vegetarians.

8. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

definition

vegetarian

One who practices vegetarianism.
    A herbivore.
    Of or relating to vegetarianism or vegetarians.
    Consisting primarily or wholly of vegetables and vegetable products: a vegetarian diet.

therefore, if you eat fish, ur not a vegetarian... quit deludin urself.

9. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

sycoindian

I think thats an Oxymoron afterall your secondary food source could be fish.

As for the whole topic:

I'm a Vegetarian, It's not because I think the diet is better, it's purely because my system can't stand Meat, Fish or Egg.

I don't intend to push vegetarian food on anyone, but I will say that about 15 years ago, I could hardly eat anything because there was hardly anything that wasn't derived from some sort of meat.

I could give a reason of why I would "prefer" not to eat meat, but that's based on Protein retro-virii. (although Fungii have a high count of protein, I don't think it's as likely to catch a virus from a mushroom)

I suppose you could say that eating vegetables stops cross-species viral outbreaks because herbivores won't assimulate RNA/protein from other species.

10. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

I have a Goddamn idea: let's argue about the wording as opposed to the actual topic.

Swedishfish... "most vegetarians that only eat fish" was a quote from Dr. Lou Natic. The point was understood, and that's all that's necessary.

tired....

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

are u a vegan or do u eat dary products?

12. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I said:
    I hate vegetarians that "only eat fish"

"these" things mean I realise how dumb it is, the "vegetarians" eating fish are the ones that came up with it and don't see how lame it is.

13. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

yes, i know and i agree with dr lou. no need to get touchy.

14. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

stryder... okk.. point noted.. but from the error u pointed out, i could have half meat half veggie diet and still claim it to be primarily consistin of vegetables.. its ridiculous... if you eat any meat, ur not a vegetarian... that's wat it boils down to... i hate vegetarians who eat fish or chicken come and gimme lectures about how great veggie diet is n blahh blahh blahh.. its really ridiculous... i dont force anyone to eat meat, why do they think its ok to lecture every meat eater about vegetarianism...

15. Neville Registered Senior Member

I know what you mean! I didn't eat meat for quite a few months but couldn't stay away for long! Oh how good meat tastes now though! I still savour meat even though i've been eating it for a week or two now.

I didnt try to take away other peoples meat though it was just my choice and their choice was up to them.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

OMEGA 3... look it up... you are obviously ignorant on this aspect of the subject

17. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i get my omegas from flax seed so it is possible to get everything you need from plants

18. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

Swedish, are you vegetarian?

19. eddie monkey FU Registered Senior Member

Couldn't have said it better myself.

20. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

no, i like fish occasionally. duh, i'm swedish hahaha. why?

21. Neville Registered Senior Member

But we don't know how far through evolution we are! Maybe in the grand scheme we will become vegetarians i.e. those who eat meat products will die off. This seems true especially that we are now lazier than before and meat products only increases our weigh unhealthily, clogs up our arteries and increases our blood pressure.

22. Xev Registered Senior Member

Evolution is not telological, Neville. It has no aim, no purpose and no design.

Besides, we've more or less stopped evolving.

23. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

We haven't even started and we never will get to start, there are more flaws with humans than with most anything else, some of the dogs we made are prone to hip problems and such but humans are far from perfect genetically speaking.