Vd

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Orleander, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Edit to add tell her to see a doctor or pharmist. The disease can be easierly controled if they pay atention to what they are told and use the medication avialable

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

Not a lot of Seinfeld fans in this thread.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

If someone gives you herpes (not talking about cold sores) can you have them arrested for assault?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No, because it is the responsibility of both to use protection.

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so if a woman gets pregnant, he has to pay for the child. But if either of them get VD the other one doesn't have to pay for those medical costs. Doesn't seem fair.

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I am not even going to point out the ludicrousness of that statement. :crazy:

10. kmguru Staff Member

Don't have sex...or use protection or demand the recent medical report...before having sex. Stop one night stands from the club. That is where this spreads...

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

But what if the person is married and gets it from a cheating spouse. I would think you could get extra in the divorce for it.
    Or at the very least you could sue for pain and suffering.

12. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

no but, if you catch somthing like aids from a partner and they know they have the disease and they give it to you on purpose then you can have them arrested

13. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

Or you could wear a helmet, and go back door, or as I like to call it, The Contingency Vagina.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Herpes is a life time thing as well. And what if harm has already been done to her baby?

15. kmguru Staff Member

If you (or your friend) got it, you can not do much about it. Money is not a substitute for pain and suffering. Just get healthcare. Getting mad at the person would not solve anything due to their stupidity. If the spouse is a good provider, punish him by asking something that you want. If the spouse has a habit of doing this, then it is a different matter....weigh in all the factors. Anger reduces good judgement due to reduction in blood flow to the brain.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

No, they already got divorced due to his infidelity. Now she is remarried and it was found during a pregnancy exam. So I was wondering if she had any options besides just shrugging it off.

17. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Orleander, Herpies is not life threatning

Assult legilation covers ONLY unwanted contact or the threat of unwanted contact
    Conduct endangering life must ENDANGER life

There WAS a case of a guy with HIV who KNEW he had HIV who slept around without protection and was charged with conduct endagering life.

However herpies is not a life threatning disease, its a good idea to be careful because its uncomfetable and so you dont want to pass it on but its not going to kill you

That being said i wonder what would hapen if someone delbretly spread Hep

18. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

i would say quite a while. of course im basing the more common form of Herpes - the cold sores, that are just about impossible not to get. everyone i know gets them, except for me and mom. There's no way i don't carry it though. which brings me to my next point. just becuase hubby isn't "infected" topically dosn't mean your curiosity isn't true, he might just be a carrier who isn't affected.

19. kmguru Staff Member

I really did not think there are options to go after the ex...he will deny everything. The only option is a C-section for the baby only if the doctor recommends. Normally in the majority of the U.S. states you can only get married if you test for negative for VD and AIDS. But I do not think they test for Herpes Simplex.

How does she know, she got Herpes in the past marriage? Could it be it happned in the present marriage?

Also, for the shake of the baby, she should meditate:

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=1750763&postcount=24

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Her current husband came back negative. Her ex not only has herpes he also has hepetitis.

I feel so bad for her. This affects the marriage HUGELY. Every time they have sex she could pass it on to him.

I honestly don't know how I would react if I were in his shoes.

21. kmguru Staff Member

Simply follow the doctor's advice and take plenty of vitamins, Lysine and Beta Glucan to boost the immunity.

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

I agree with Kmguru,

orlander, its possable to have sex (without a condom) for years and NEVER pass it on. Firstly she needs to get treatment, then you just dont have unprotected sex when there is an outbreak and that in combination with the corect treatment will protect him. Tell her to SEE A DOCTOR about managing the condition because its quite manageable

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

She has. She's dealing with the medical side of it. But as a best friend, I'm helping her deal with the emotional side of it.
    here it is, years after the divorce and she is still having to deal with his crap, and now it may affect her child and her current marriage. Rgae doesn't even come close to describing how she feels. And a lot of guilt.