VB Strong A.I. Project

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by Baal Zebul, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zarkov Banned Banned

>> Why not learn it yourself

I have written C a long time ago, the modern approach with graphics as per java, is a little daunting.

But yes my problem is just doing it amongst other things.... an experienced programmer can outperform me at the speed of light.

Thanks for the link, I do intend to devote time to this project, but not for general consumption... err maybe.... I have developed a method of setting a brain up, and only have internal links with limited knowledge, so it becomes impossible to determine the program sequence as it can be deleted ( bit like rote knowledge ), but it would be indistinguishable from a human, except it could not learn.... but it could dish out intelligence and a huge information base.
    I would retain the learning brain, and clone rote copies......

I do not think the world is worth it though....

>> No, it is not.

Well I have a model written in basic... no language is immaterial

>> You seem to be referring to predicate logic.

no, I said it is all mathematics.... what else do you think can be in the brain, even images are a mathematical matrix... really all electrical signals that are process by the rules of mathematics, but 1+1 does not equal 2 as numbers are but an image of real mathematics.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zarkov Banned Banned

Thanks for the tutorial mouse, I will start the project in C.

Is a C compiler available to download ?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

That is why my project is called The CES Project, CES is short for Cogito Ergo Sum ("I think therefore I am")
    Descartes said that everything in this world could be explained by mathematics but just like Zarkov mine is based on language. He might say that it is math now but in about 10 months he will realise that it aint.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

Zarkov,
    Knowing that neurons send electrical pulses to eachother doesn't bring you significantly closer to building an AI. You are still left with an enormous amount of problems to solve. In this thread a number of them were discussed.

With regard to C-compilers: if you are running a Linux distribution, most likely gcc is already installed somewhere. For Windows I do not know a good freeware C compiler. You can use Microsoft's C# though, which is most definitely not C but an interesting language nonetheless. It comes with the .Net framework SDK. You only have to sell your soul to download one of those.

8. malkiri Registered Senior Member

9. Zarkov Banned Banned

Thanks I will boot up a linux machine for the job.

Maybe if I have some C problems (syntax etc) someone here may be able to help ..???? yes

>> He might say that it is math now but in about 10 months he will realise that it aint.

I assure you it is all math, the math of symbols (language)... the most powerful for of math, and it makes one really wonder how Darwinian evolution could come up with such concepts....... impossible IMO.

10. Blindman Valued Senior Member

Artificial: imitating nature

“artificial intelligence
    noun {U} (ABBREVIATION AI)
    the study of how to produce machines that have some of the qualities that the human mind has, such as the ability to understand language, recognize pictures, solve problems and learn”

Because it is capable of being intelligent does not require it to do intelligent things.

I would assume that Baal’s relational engine is coded in some machine-readable form. Every language I used to code in is converted into assembly or interpreted by assembly level code. Without a conditional jump you can’t do anything intelligent. If his code did not have a single for, while, case, or if, I would be totally awe struck. So a single conditional jump is dumb but a lot is not? Saying “if then’s are not going to cut it” is saying that intelligence is not achievable on turning machines..(Modern computers).

There are some that question the ability of the turning machines to produce intelligence, if so, Baal is on the wrong trail and should stop pronouncing the intelligent algorithm.

The debate is about whether Baal’s engine is intelligent. I say yes. Confusion with the AI acronym is the core conjecture. I vote that AI represents Human like intelligence and that we except that computers can produce intelligent behavior outside the human sphere

11. BigBlueHead Great Tealnoggin! Registered Senior Member

Blindman:

It may be that they are not, although I wouldn't claim that; what I'm saying is that AI will probably be several levels of emergent property away from the level of Turing computability... hence, trying to use the metaphor of Turing machines to describe an AI may be like trying to describe your trip to Nebraska in terms of the series of chemical reactions involved.

The ability to evaluate conditionals does not denote intelligence, only deterministic behaviour. I think your definition of AI is very restrictive, considering how loosely you define intelligence.

12. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

thank you Blindman (i think),

I say that AI is the ability to use pre-programmed data whilst real intelligence is the ability to obtain that data and use it. I would prefer to call it Artificial Intelligence rather than Real Artificial Intelligence but too many have tried and failed for that even being possible.

The first editions of the code contained almost merely If, Then, Else but now a days it does not. It contains a self-created if, else, then created by the machine accordingly to percentage data in the knowledge files. So basically it creates it's own If, Then, Else but i am not going to say that the code does not contain any If, Then, Else's cause that would be a lie.

About the Turing Test, actually id prefer a test which would show that my AI would beat up to 90% of all humans when it comes to problem solving even with lesser data than those humans. My AI is built for problem solving and real world integration, not performing IQ tests which are written to fool the algorithm.

13. BigBlueHead Great Tealnoggin! Registered Senior Member

Baal: the degree to which arrangements of information can produce pathological results in your intelligence may be highly relevant.

Certainly, human senses have certain pathological cases where their processing of information is somewhat ambiguous.

Does your system work on a series of weighted averages? I assume it's a hierarchical object sorting system?

14. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

Well, it takes information from environment (what object is closest and sees if an stronger object is worth the extra meters/miles it has to walk)
    It takes information from empirical data (percentage and combines it with the closest object calculation)
    Then it has one more object used in the calculation but i cannot disclose that.

But this is like 10% of the AI concept. If you say that it is highly relevant then the rest would stun you.
    Anyone who has got time and are interested in helping us then please mail me. I got the crew that i need but they have not got the time that i need so i need more manpower.

15. BigBlueHead Great Tealnoggin! Registered Senior Member

So a closer object is more heavily weighted than a further object in its estimation of importance?

Does it adopt multiple goals at the same time? I suppose it would have to, to be able to get a key and then go to a door to use the key... I guess this is the question I should ask.

Robot is in a room with 8 keys and a locked door. The 8 keys are in different locations in the room. What actions does Robot take, and in what order?

16. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

that is a good question.
    Lets say that it's task is to open the door (which is locked) then that would override it's built in will to identify every object algo.
    Well 8 keys, 1 right. All keys do the same thing and if it can't see shape then it cannot solve it. Trial and Error.
    It could make it on the first try, and it could make it on the last. I said i was re-creating humanity, not custom building a god. No human could do it better, i hope you agree on that.
    The robot would identifiy every object (if tasked) or merely try the one shortest in range (if differently tasked).

Yeah, i implemented this as a sub-system for The Republic. Basically so that the ALF would know where the Axe was and where the Saw was since both could chop or saw down a tree so that it could think about which object was the closest and how it could change it's path in order to do it as fast as possible. It was of course told to do everything as fast as possible because the more time it had a day the more new things it could learn and the more it learned, the faster it could do new things.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yes, in the "future model" of the AI Net it would have percentages coming with the tasks so it would perform the important tasks first but that is not neccesary and i came up with it whilst thinking of military applications for my AI.
    There are two types of tasks. Goals given by humans (orders) and encountered problems in the physical world whilst interacting or observing.
    Note that humans don't have to tell it anything and with the latest technology i designed it is possible to initate a robot into this world without any knowledge as long as it can see people move and interact.

17. Blindman Valued Senior Member

must read my post. The turning is "Turing machine.." Opp’s

18. BigBlueHead Great Tealnoggin! Registered Senior Member

You can go back and edit old posts - but I think everyone knew what you were talking about anyway, so no biggy.

19. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

k,

I need one more programmer

I have two teams and i need one more. Not a team leader.

20. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Funny, I volunteered if you could explain a little more, but you decided not to.

21. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

actually you are still on the list of those who i can send information too.

do you have any chat application?

22. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

I am a .Net programmer. Been programming for many years in various languages. Am I to believe that you have created an algorithm to simulate life choices?

23. DennisGorelik Registered Senior Member

Ok, tell me in which AI-theory book could I read about importance of <a href="http://www.dennisgorelik.com/ai/Forgetting.htm">forgetting</a>?

What about an idea to use <a href="http://www.dennisgorelik.com/ai/RDBMS.htm">database</a> as the storage for the Neural Net?
    Have you ever read about this idea?

What about goal-oriented system?
    The idea that several goals (<a href="http://www.dennisgorelik.com/ai/HardcodedGoals.htm">Hardcoded goals</a> or Super goals) have to be predefined during design & development of the AI system. Then the system has to create its own set of goals (millions of <a href="">softcoded goals</a>). Softcoded goals are based on the hardcoded goals. I name it <a href="http://www.dennisgorelik.com/ai/MotivationSystem.htm">Motivation system</a>
    Where have you read about this idea?

Last edited: May 27, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.