VB Strong A.I. Project

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by Baal Zebul, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DennisGorelik Registered Senior Member

I'm lost here...
    I don't understand why my simple idea wouldn't work with 20K <a href="http://www.dennisgorelik.com/ai/Word.htm">words</a>, 100K <a href="http://www.dennisgorelik.com/ai/Phrase.htm">phrases</a>, and 10 million <a href="http://www.dennisgorelik.com/ai/Relation.htm">relations</a>?

I also don't understand about "negative impact" on the "<a href="http://www.dennisgorelik.com/ai/Forgetting.htm">forget</a> concept" functionality...
    Could you clarify your points here?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. G71 AI Coder Registered Senior Member

Dennis, you got some hints here and you got some by email. I think we could keep explaining and arguing for a while but is it really worth it? We might be just wasting our time considering how easy it is to develop a simple test version which would tell you more than anyone here. Your basic ideas, however correct or incorrect from the AI perspective, seem to be clear enough to be coded - that's one of the few things I like about that ;-). Many other AI thinkers are just dreamers without a good sense of the current technology. Ask yourself what did you do since you started to discuss it here (or since you designed the part of the DB we talked about). Your simple prototype should be IMO already going through the testing stage and you should be already able to see for yourself what some of the real problems are. I believe that a useful test version can be written in several days by a single hot shot developer. Make it simple and let it fill the DB with some data. You have mentioned that you will use the multiple-phrase-table design as I recommended some time ago (which is good for the real version) but you might want to use your original idea to keep this test version as simple as possible (you can convert it to more tables later). The test version (of course) does not have to learn from the Internet etc. Let it learn from text files in certain folder. Use all shortcuts you can think of. Keep focus on getting the data into your simple DB. The algorithms to support dialogues or problem solving on the user-interface level do not have to be supported in this version. The related queries/algorithms can be (I guess) tested manually (relatively few tests could then show you how it works). If you still want to spend some time with the theoretical stuff then just make sure you understand definitions of various types of reasoning and put some thoughts on these questions.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DennisGorelik Registered Senior Member

What is your version of answers to these questions?

Did you read how do other researchers answer to this questions?
    (I couldn't even find answers of the author of these questions...)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. G71 AI Coder Registered Senior Member

Dennis,

That document is not done yet. It takes time to explain things well. So far I had other priorities than explaining it to others + I did not make final decisions about some algorithms. But thinking about the questions can help to design interesting AI systems.

Yes, some did find time for explanations. Most of them were very young and relatively inexperienced AI designers who like to keep things secret. I do not think it was really necessary in those cases but I do respect the conditions we agreed on.

They did answer it.. I'm not sure where the document currently is and if the answers still reflect the current design of their system but I did read it about a year ago. It's somewhere.

BTW FYI, I recently got a ridiculous amount of long AI related emails and I'm pretty behind with answers. But I do read everything and I'll answer some of your questions when I get to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.