Varieties of Religious Organizations

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Seaman, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Seaman Registered Member

I guess there are many thousands of religious organizations, so which one is correct?
    It seems to me that it is unlikely that any particular one is correct and they all differ, some in small ways, but many in big ways. How can we make sense of this variety and how do they deal with new conditions in society ?
    Many Churches struggle with Gay Marriage. Not so long ago they struggled with slavery.

However, all of them have some source that they can rely on. In the case of Christianity, my religion, all the Christian Organisations rely on the Bible. But even within this narrow range, there are many varieties and again, it would be impossible to pick a good one !

Not so long ago, very few people could read the Bible and the Churches were required to provide guidance, but now we can read the Bible in our own everyday language, we do not need the Churches. In any case, they all disagree about what the Bible says.

It is a puzzle, why did God create a world where his message is not clear?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Erm... Maybe God did not create the world?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

If you believe in a God you need to pick a religion that you are happy with.

If nothing suits invent your own.

They, all religions, are human interpretations of a God that may or may not exist so who is to say what you come up with is wrong.

You can be your own God if you wish I suppose.

Make your own list of values maybe.

Anyways approach it like you are buying cigarettes and pick the brand you like.
    Alex

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I suspect the message you get from your source is dependent on your needs. Sounds to me like you're still searching.

8. river

He didn't .

Through time , through constantine 1 Roman , Turkey , reformation , all sniped out parts of the bible that didn't fit their , idea of god .

9. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Man made god = man made puzzle

Google puts the current number of world religion around 4,200

Zero are correct

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

What do you mean by "correct"?
    There are many thousands of educational institutes, so which one is correct?

Why does it seem unlikely?

How do we deal with the variety of educational institutes, and how do they deal with the new conditions in society (whatever they are)?

Since when was opposition, or a rejection of principles categorised as "struggle"?

What message are you referring to?

Jan.