vaastu shashtra - a guide to architecture

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by spookz, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Rajagopals Registered Senior Member

Hate India ? Then why add Indian to your name ?

Dear sycoIndian,

I only read few things what you have written because from what I started I couldn’t stop me from typing this message. You seems to hate India a lot and specifically Hinduism, as you assume there is something like that. If you go back in history you might find “Induism” and “Indu” people.

I would personally like to take the challenge of making you understand certain aspects of India and the beliefs that we hold.

I challenge you, if ever you have any doubts about anything that connects or claims in Hinduism ( I would like to call it Induism) I can prove that for you except those of the milk drinking idols and snakes with Nagamanikyam (a precious gem). !! Try me !

About vasthu sasthra, if you place just a small stone in a wrong place in house which you own, you will have a heart attack the same day. I can send you the precise method and details of how to do it and you yourself test it.

As you said, you visited India to test the results of Lord Vignesha drinking milk, any ordinary human being can understand that no idol is going to drink nothing unless otherwise fitted with a suction pump or a dry stone which will absorb water. Then why waste your time and energy on that. So who believe these stories ? You or people like us ? We never tested anything ! We never went any were to see the “milk drinking Vignesha” we never fought about something this foolish.

We analyzed the story a bit scientifically. That time India was going through a dry season. In north India the temperature went very high. And in North India unlike all other places in India, the idols are made of marble or limestone that are a bit harder. These when exposed to too much of temperature becomes very dry and all the water inside the stone once lost will surely absorb water or any liquid pored on it. This is simple science. This was the reason why few devotees who offered the milk first was accepted by the idols ! I assume you a arts graduate !

You seems to be at nowhere! Neither you have your beliefs nor do you understand the simple things in life.

So who are you ? Syco ? Indian ? Do you believe in something ? Do you believe there is something like truth out there ? In which areas ? Just to understand more about you ?

And if you are coming to India, if we could meet I can show you the real India. Come on I am just waiting for you !

Raj

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

lemme make a few things clear before i respond to what you've said... firstly, i was born and raised partly in india.. so dont tell me shit about showin me the REAL india... and quit makin assumptions about who i am or what i do... stick to the topic and we'll have a decent discussion.....

---You seems to hate India a lot and specifically Hinduism, as you assume there is something like that. If you go back in history you might find “Induism” and “Indu” people. ----

i dont hate India... im very critical of belief systems prevalent in the country and how illiteracy has plagued common sense in almost every human being... and i know my history about india.. i learnt it in INDIA... just takin out the alphabet 'H' doesnt make your argument substantial...

---About vasthu sasthra, if you place just a small stone in a wrong place in house which you own, you will have a heart attack the same day. I can send you the precise method and details of how to do it and you yourself test it. ---

what makes you think i haven't tried? my grandma is insanely crazy about vaastu shastra and remodelled our entire house in india after it... i've placed things where they weren't supp 2 be and nothin happened.. im still on this chair typing...

---As you said, you visited India to test the results of Lord Vignesha drinking milk---

i was livin in india when that happened .. not VISITING...

---any ordinary human being can understand that no idol is going to drink nothing unless otherwise fitted with a suction pump or a dry stone which will absorb water.---

then my eyes must've fooled me into seeing ppl wasting jugs and jugs of milk.... and u said any ORDINARY human being... so those ppl weren't ordinary who were feeding the idols? were they therefore supernatural ppl or retarded ppl? just givin you options.. and we did analyze it from a scientific point of view.. my point was that ppl didnt give a shit about the truth, they wanted to cling on to the fact that the idol was actually drinking the milk and they were being blessed... that's what disgusted me...

---I assume you a arts graduate !---

dont ASSUME... and FYI, im not...

---You seems to be at nowhere! Neither you have your beliefs nor do you understand the simple things in life. ---

hmmmmmm... seems like you can analyze my ENTIRE character and life by a few posts... maybe you should become a guru and rip ppl off by sayin a few cliche words... and if it pisses you off that i pursue some logical questionin about belief systems, that means you are rigid, not me, to new ideas...

---So who are you ? Syco ? Indian ? Do you believe in something ? Do you believe there is something like truth out there ? In which areas ? Just to understand more about you ?---

what i believe in is irrelevant to the issue at hand.. we're discussin vaastu shastra and neo-hinduism.. i'll tell you what i dont believe in.. i dont believe in worshippin idols and i dont go to hindu temples...i stopped that when i was 11... i dont believe in ramayana and mahabharata as divine scripts.. only the Bhagavad Gita has substance and wisdom.... i dont believe there are a gazillion gods out there in different forms.. i dont believe in anythin that has to do with neo hinduism or watevahh form of hinduism being practised currently...

---And if you are coming to India, if we could meet I can show you the real India. Come on I am just waiting for you ! ---

i've seen the entire country from east to west and from north to south.. nowhere new u can take me...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Rajagopals Registered Senior Member

Take it easy !!!

Cool off !

“firstly, i was born and raised partly in india “

I guessed correct, you are some one who has suffered in India, or rather who got raised partly !

And about showing you the real India need not be necessary any more I feel as you claim to have seen all !!!

“ and quit makin assumptions about who i am or what i do... “

I don’t need to assume anything about you, as I understand you completely.

“and i know my history about india.. i learnt it in INDIA... just takin out the alphabet 'H' doesnt make your argument substantial... “

If you search you will find enough material about “Indu” people. Induism is the original one, what they left is what we converted in to Hinduism. May be some one who know more about Indu culture might be able to help you. I don’t want to spend my time on educating you on this.

“what makes you think i haven't tried? my grandma is insanely crazy about vaastu shastra and remodelled our entire house in india after it... i've placed things where they weren't supp 2 be and nothin happened.. im still on this chair typing...

First you should say thanks to your Grandma, as that lady is more concerned about you. You are still on the chair with a lot of hatred in your heart. Do you think that has to do with what you have done of placing the things where they weren’t supposed to be ?

“i was livin in india when that happened .. not VISITING... “ but in your last post you said

“i had to go and check this out in person.. so i went to see “

so I assumed if you where living outside India then you have to come here to see it personally. And more over the point of “went to see” still remains. I mean why you went to see that when you can analyze it yourself that such a thing can never happen. Did this happened because you were “raised partly in india” ?

“then my eyes must've fooled me into seeing ppl wasting jugs and jugs of milk.... and u said any ORDINARY human being... so those ppl weren't ordinary who were feeding the idols? were they therefore supernatural ppl or retarded ppl? just givin you options.. and we did analyze it from a scientific point of view.. my point was that ppl didnt give a shit about the truth, they wanted to cling on to the fact that the idol was actually drinking the milk and they were being blessed... that's what disgusted me... “

Too much of anger and disturbed thoughts are reflecting in these words too. When you believe something more than your life you will be ready to accept anything that is related to it. Those people who were feeding Lord Ganesha are nor retarded nor supernatural. They are ordinary people with belief in the Lord. The only reason behind their behavior could be to make the Lord happy by offering him what they assume is good.

May I ask you, will Lord Ganesha becomes happy if you offer him flowers ? Will he become happy if you offer him sweets ? Will he become happy if you light a lamp ? Then all the plants which gives us the flowers should have got his ultimate blessing ! All the sugarcanes hold the best chance to be with him in heaven. And the sun which is the biggest lamp will make Lord Ganesha very happy. But why are we not discussing these. These things has been happening for centuries and no one wants to change them. But the real meaning of all these are explained by many. To understand which you need a calm mind. I can help you on that. I can tell you what all has to be done to impress the lord. The Lord within.

“and if it pisses you off that i pursue some logical questionin about belief systems, that means you are rigid, not me, to new ideas... “

I am not at all rigid my dear one, I am flexible like anything, because of my very flexible attitude I suffer for my friends, my close people, my subordinates, my family members, etc etc..I always put other persons things first and mine last. And if I get a chance to feed milk to Lord Ganesha I will surely do that. I visit temples as and when I get time. I offer money to the priest who gets the arathy (pooja) done. My mother does a lot of offerings at temples, and we have bhajans at home when I visit my parents.

I do all this when I believe in Lord Shiva and does meditation. In that I am able to consider myself as him and bless my fellow practicing members, pray for other people who feel if I pray for them, things could work out better. I also know many tantric stuff which are totally out of your level. And is ready to learn anything new. Even if you have some stuff pls do let me know I am open to all that you have. But come out with something that’s not out of your experience of “ not able to understand” !

“ i dont believe in ramayana and mahabharata as divine scripts.. only the Bhagavad Gita has substance and wisdom.... “

Have you read Uthara Githa ? Wihtout that how can you tell Bhagavath Githa has substance and wisdom ? And if your answer is that you have read Uthara Githa do tell me which part you like the best ! You believe in Githa but not Mahabharatha ? Funny !!! Ramayana, the great book details a lot of real science. The great man Ravan, Vasishtan, many other immortal souls and their details. Do you know Ramayana is the only book which details the effects of two secret meditation practices known as “Bala” and “Athy Bala”. In my family my mother reads Ramayana during a particular time of the year, and all the near by families are all gathered to be part of it. Some times they conduct one day workshops to explain and finish reciting complete Ramayan in one day. I welcome you to join us when you come to India or rather Kerala.

“i dont believe there are a gazillion gods out there in different forms.. i dont believe in anythin that has to do with neo hinduism or watevahh form of hinduism being practised currently...”

practiced by whom ? that’s the question here. I know few people who practice a totally different way of life I don’t know what to call that. But which closely resembles Hinduism or rather Induism. I too practice that.

“.. nowhere new u can take me...”

Who knows what the future hold for us ?

If Muhamed is not going to the hill,
    then hill will come to Muhamed !

lets see…

One more thing I never wanted to prove you wrong or abuse you, and in any way if I have said something that hurt you ego I am sorry for that.

Lov,

Raj

And no more discussion on this topic as I could see your intentions behind the posting.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

ahahahahahhahahahaha... lemme just say this first.. ur post provided me a great sense of humour... this is no way mockin what you believe.... i just found it incredulous.. anywayz, on with the show...

---I guessed correct, you are some one who has suffered in India, or rather who got raised partly !---

ummmm.. lemme explain 'partly'... i lived in india for 8 years.. my early childhood years and early adolescent years... and yeah, my sufferin in india was due to the religious stupidity existent in society...

---First you should say thanks to your Grandma, as that lady is more concerned about you. You are still on the chair with a lot of hatred in your heart.---

thanks for ruinin my room that i grew up in.. now its totally foreign to me.. thanks for ruinin my memories... and i dont have hatred for all that shit.. that all shit can pass... life goes on.. and i dont live in india, haven't for years now...

---I don’t need to assume anything about you, as I understand you completely.---

no you don't...

---If you search you will find enough material about “Indu” people---

Im not interested in tracin back history here... that's hardly the point... im discussin the culture that has sprung outta age old beliefs...

---And more over the point of “went to see” still remains. I mean why you went to see that when you can analyze it yourself that such a thing can never happen. Did this happened because you were “raised partly in india” ?---

went to see in the sense, that i went to see the scenario AT the TEMPLE from my HOUSE... i wanted to check out what the fuss was all about... i've already covered the 'partly' issue...

---They are ordinary people with belief in the Lord. The only reason behind their behavior could be to make the Lord happy by offering him what they assume is good.---

belief in the Lord without any intelligence? i can sorta see the sense of worshippin an idol for ordinary ppl becuz they didn't really have a chance to really question it.. they were raised with the idea that this is how religion is... and that is what im angry about... everything is ASSUMED... if i go to pray to lord shiva on shivratri it will be good for me... there is hardly any correlation to that...

---May I ask you, will Lord Ganesha becomes happy if you offer him flowers ? Will he become happy if you offer him sweets ? Will he become happy if you light a lamp ?---

okk.. so lord ganesha is LORD.. which equates as a DEMI GOD accordin to the prevalent societal beliefs... so if he is a demi god, how are humans to tell what the lord will like or not like.. isn't it also assumed that anythin given with a good heart will be accepted? so what if i give flowers or wat not... who are ppl to ascertain what will please the lord if he actually exists... humans are much lower than gods aren't they? the rest of that paragraph is weak.. u said u can explain at the end of it... sure, go ahead.. im all ears...

---I also know many tantric stuff which are totally out of your level.

again.. how would you know?

---And if I get a chance to feed milk to Lord Ganesha I will surely do that. I visit temples as and when I get time. I offer money to the priest who gets the arathy (pooja) done. My mother does a lot of offerings at temples, and we have bhajans at home when I visit my parents. ---

that's your personal choice.. i personally dont find any spiritual fulfillment in any of those things... my music makes me feel much more spiritual compared to that... and im not gonna do all of those things just cuz its what all ppl do and should be done... i wont accept anythin society throws at me without analyzin it...

--Have you read Uthara Githa ? Wihtout that how can you tell Bhagavath Githa has substance and wisdom---

ummmm.. as far as i can rememba.. the bhagavad gita was recited in its entirety to arjun in the middle of the battlefield and its considered an independent part even tho its part of the ENTIRE mahabharata story... as far as i know, watevahh gita ur mentionin is not a pre cursory to the bhagavad gita.. hey i might be wrong... history has been rewritten over centuries... shit happens on the way...

---You believe in Githa but not Mahabharatha ? Funny !!!---

yes.. cuz i believe in the divinity of Krishna... the rest of the story is just a story to me which has been translated literally... the accounts of Krishna have metaphorical references which have been ignored so the story is more saleable on TV... the mahabharata is just another story that has been twisted and presented to the ppl with a brand new red ribbon... i really dont care about it.. all i care is the part that Krishna had to play in it bcuz u can't deny the wisdom in the Bhagavad Gita...

---Do you know Ramayana is the only book which details the effects of two secret meditation practices known as “Bala” and “Athy Bala”. ---

that doesnt necessarily increase the religious credibility of the book.. sure it has aspects of science in it and it would be beneficial from a scientfic point of view.. im talkin from a religious point of view...

--I welcome you to join us when you come to India or rather Kerala.---

thanx for your offer, but i dont even partake in such things when i visit my home in india... i dont believe in it...

---practiced by whom ? that’s the question here. I know few people who practice a totally different way of life I don’t know what to call that. But which closely resembles Hinduism or rather Induism. I too practice that. ---

practised by every goddam person that i see in society.... well, good for ya if you practise somethin different... lets hear about it...

---One more thing I never wanted to prove you wrong or abuse you, and in any way if I have said something that hurt you ego I am sorry for that.---

i dont mind being proven wrong.. that wasn't the point of my outburst... i was pissed off bcuz u decided to make glaring assumptions about me from what id written.... my ego is in a safe nest... i dont feed it too much so it doesnt get wings to fly out and so it can't be hurt...

i dont mind talkin about this... but present some logical argumentation to me..... im not interested in 'just cuz society does it' or 'its been practised for centuries' blahh blahh explanations... doesn't make it necessarily correct.... and yeahh, i aint no patriot either... being indian doesnt mean i have to be consumed by everythin that is shoved into my face by that country and culture... and this language im usin is not outta anger, its outta disgust... i have more imp things to be angry about than indian culture... hereditary religious behaviour isn't my cup of tea and im not afraid to venture out.... ppl can judge me all they want..... its their problem if they judge me, not mine...

this last para is just me ranting... so dont take it personally...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. kmguru Staff Member

Please...guys...no fighting on a personal level here. This is a philosophy section and purposely kept to stay away from blind faiths on religion.

To get a feel for the flavor of this section, please do read other topics started in this section. Hardcore religion issues should go to religion section.

Thanks and welcome to sciforum. Enjoy your stay here.

9. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

sorry kmguru... didnt mean this to come off like this... i hope we resolve this amicably soon.. thankx for your input...

10. kmguru Staff Member

You are welcome....as always...

11. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

A German company has reserved the word "Vaasthu" and another "Veda"!!!

12. kmguru Staff Member

Germans are after ancient Indian technology even before Hitler. Once they start programming computers in Sanskrit, watch out. That may be the key to developing AI.

13. Karmayogi Registered Member

Hi sycoindian,

While making a search on "The temples of India" I chanced upon this forum and got interested in the healthy interaction between you guys about Vaastu Shastra. If you don't mind my barging into your discussion then I would want to differ while still strongly accepting what you said.

It really is stupid to waste costly constructed space on a mere belief (as it has not been proven that living or doing business in that space can be disastrous to the person or his family) when there are millions who go without a shelter. I don't think it would have mattered to these people if they were to live in it. They would be grateful just to have a shelter.

But it also does not prove that Vaastu Shastra is a bunch of garbage just because some people are scared. When you attach so much VALUE to your fears rather than to your aspirations you are literally asking for trouble. And when things go wrong, you say, see, it was not as per Vaastu. That perpetrates more fear. This is a psychological problem, especially with people not so rich but with some amount of spare able money. They desire to enjoy the comforts of life so much that even before they have it they fear losing it. Surely, you wouldn't garbage an ancient science with out exploring it just because of their fears.

With regards to bearded people in white clothes and milk drinking Ganesha idols, what's wrong in it? If Amitabh Baachan, a Bollywood icon could help himself come out of his financial crisis by sporting a neat frenchie what's wrong in some people putting on a beard to make a living . Don't you think the problem is not with the person growing a beard but with the person accepting him with a beard? I never heard of any starvation deaths due to Vaastu applications.
    And yes, it is a pity that so much milk went to waste when Ganesha was force-fed. This milk supposedly could have fed the starved and undernourished children of India for atleast a month, but to have stopped these people from practicing their belief would have been putting restrictions against their right to freedom of expression.
    More importantly, what surprises me, is your antagonistic attitude towards such practices. When you develop such hate with a passion you are only trying to shut yourself out from a very important cultural aspect of India. How can you explain the sheer number of stampede deaths in the Mahakumbh Mela especially of old people and young children’s who were on a pilgrimage. This would be reason enough to hate Hinduism and the ceremonies associated with it. But still the faith of the people remains unmoved. My dear friend the problem lies elsewhere, not in (neo)Hinduism or the shastras. It's in the general weaknesses of us humans. And the cure to all this lies in our scriptures especially the Gita. And believe me ours is the only religion, which has the perfect answers to all our fears, illusions & sufferings, only we are trying to grab it by the tail. If we don't try to understand and educate ourselves and our fellow beings of the greatness of our religion, we will always stand to be ridiculed by other cultures. Sorry, I might have sounded a bit forceful but instead of getting angry why not channelise the same energy towards acceptance and education.

"i wudn't give a damm about this vaastu shastra if ppl weren't using it to make money off other ignorant ppl... that is what makes me mad... use anything to fool others and make a few pennies.."

Well, you are justified to show your anger at people who take you for a ride exploiting your innocence. But what about these multinational companies selling anti-wrinkle creams, fairness creams and beauty lotion? About bravery awards from a cigarette company, as if smoking could make you brave. Or the Cola adverts brianwashing the X generation or drinking apple juice or soda water for that matter. The amount of money spent in it and its consumption ranks three times the money spent on bare necessities like food which could solve a lot of starvation problem.

Once again the problem is not with these people or companies, the problem lies within us, in our minds, instead of strengthening ourselves from within, as put down in the scriptures, we look for external pacifiers.

And to Rajagopals,
    I know a way of putting a thing in water that would give you diarrhea and blood stools, would you try it. Similarly, if I placed a piece of magnet of a proper strength under your bed I can give you a heart attack, would you want it. But you won't find any of these in Vaastu Shastra. This is exactly the reason why people consider this to be a fake science. But believe me, all of you, Vaastu is a proper science, which really holds water.

Let me just explain one Aspect. " East for Knowledge, Education & Planning --

In the ancient times when there was no electricity and no light bulbs, the natural source of light was sun and sun alone. East was the source of growing light and fresh energy the 1st part of the day when people woke up with refreshed minds and energized bodies. The right time to make maximum use of the gray matter and the fresh morning light of the sun. But as the sun rose the shadows grew in contrast and heat, with out the ceiling fan or the air conditioner you can pretty well imagine what must have been like in the day, also the sun rising the light moved away from the windows and it became dark inside. There fore east was the optimum location in those settings. West was the place of waning light, a day over, of growing heat and piling problems of the day, now can this be the right direction and time to make those crucial decisions and memorize the scriptures? But today we are in much more energy fields than just the elements, like electrical, chemical, kinetic etc. so the setting has changed and analysis has to be done accordingly. Vaastu Shastra does set down a set of rules but it requires you to use your understanding and knowledge most intelligently for each situation. The thumb rule method does not work, i.e., One solution for all doesn’t take into account certain important factors that actually shape a living space that we call Vaastu. Tell me, In a class of 30 students with the same teachers teaching the same subjects for the same time periods, why is it that all the 30 students don’t get the same result?

As per Vaastu, we communicate with the surrounding through Three States of Being. The Physical-- Form, structure, alignment, shape and makeup; Emotional -- Colour, Luminance, Tone & Texture; Spiritual-- Desire, wishes, aspirations, wants & dreams. So, you see most of the Vaastu audits are incomplete only touching the first part that is the Physical aspect. So, unsatisfactory results. Just as we can effect our surrounding, we also get effected by it. Just as the Body-Mind Temple is the Vaastu of our soul similarly, Vaastu is the dwelling of this Body-Mind Temple. Therefore, any space that shelters, protects, procreates, nourishes and flourishes any life form within itself is said to be inhabited by the Vaastu Spirit called the Vaastu Purush. You will find him pined to the earth with his face down geomagnetically oriented. Why face down? It is said that the devas and devtas had to sit on his body to pin him down to earth. Because he is a very unstable character. Explanation-- As science had not advanced so much so as to have concrete houses as we do, they were left completely at the mercy of the furies of nature and house wrecks were a very common feature that is the reason why he has to be forced down for stability, symbolically, his being stable would result in fewer house wreaks also he was very nomadic in nature, he moved quickly if anything caught his fancy, face down that possibility was minimised, next, by lying flat on your belly on the earth surface your organs are in direct contact (which is a scientific fact )could derive maximum benefit of the earth energies thus filling the house with creative abundance. With abundance you can have more children. With more children you have more helping hands. This is one aspect, there are many more scientifically established facts which space and time constraints do not allow me to elaborate.

I will be very happy to know if I have been of any help to you guys. Please feel free to criticise. Because Vaastu is not a dead science whose skeletons have been mummified for posterity but a living, changing, evolving science based on solar, environmental and geomagnetic studies. Also, your criticism will help me to look at it in a different way.

Bye Karmayogi.

14. Karmayogi Registered Member

Hi sycoindian,

While making a search on "The temples of India" I chanced upon this forum and got interested in the healthy interaction between you guys about Vaastu Shastra. If you don't mind my barging into your discussion then I would want to differ while still strongly accepting what you said.

It really is stupid to waste costly constructed space on a mere belief (as it has not been proven that living or doing business in that space can be disastrous to the person or his family) when there are millions who go without a shelter. I don't think it would have mattered to these people if they were to live in it. They would be grateful just to have a shelter.

But it also does not prove that Vaastu Shastra is a bunch of garbage just because some people are scared. When you attach so much VALUE to your fears rather than to your aspirations you are literally asking for trouble. And when things go wrong, you say, see, it was not as per Vaastu. That perpetrates more fear. This is a psychological problem, especially with people not so rich but with some amount of spare able money. They desire to enjoy the comforts of life so much that even before they have it they fear losing it. Surely, you wouldn't garbage an ancient science with out exploring it just because of their fears.

With regards to bearded people in white clothes and milk drinking Ganesha idols, what's wrong in it? If Amitabh Baachan, a Bollywood icon could help himself come out of his financial crisis by sporting a neat frenchie what's wrong in some people putting on a beard to make a living . Don't you think the problem is not with the person growing a beard but with the person accepting him with a beard? I never heard of any starvation deaths due to Vaastu applications.
    And yes, it is a pity that so much milk went to waste when Ganesha was force-fed. This milk supposedly could have fed the starved and undernourished children of India for atleast a month, but to have stopped these people from practicing their belief would have been putting restrictions against their right to freedom of expression.
    More importantly, what surprises me, is your antagonistic attitude towards such practices. When you develop such hate with a passion you are only trying to shut yourself out from a very important cultural aspect of India. How can you explain the sheer number of stampede deaths in the Mahakumbh Mela especially of old people and young children’s who were on a pilgrimage. This would be reason enough to hate Hinduism and the ceremonies associated with it. But still the faith of the people remains unmoved. My dear friend the problem lies elsewhere, not in (neo)Hinduism or the shastras. It's in the general weaknesses of us humans. And the cure to all this lies in our scriptures especially the Gita. And believe me ours is the only religion, which has the perfect answers to all our fears, illusions & sufferings, only we are trying to grab it by the tail. If we don't try to understand and educate ourselves and our fellow beings of the greatness of our religion, we will always stand to be ridiculed by other cultures. Sorry, I might have sounded a bit forceful but instead of getting angry why not channelise the same energy towards acceptance and education.

"i wudn't give a damm about this vaastu shastra if ppl weren't using it to make money off other ignorant ppl... that is what makes me mad... use anything to fool others and make a few pennies.."

Well, you are justified to show your anger at people who take you for a ride exploiting your innocence. But what about these multinational companies selling anti-wrinkle creams, fairness creams and beauty lotion? About bravery awards from a cigarette company, as if smoking could make you brave. Or the Cola adverts brianwashing the X generation or drinking apple juice or soda water for that matter. The amount of money spent in it and its consumption ranks three times the money spent on bare necessities like food which could solve a lot of starvation problem.

Once again the problem is not with these people or companies, the problem lies within us, in our minds, instead of strengthening ourselves from within, as put down in the scriptures, we look for external pacifiers.

And to Rajagopals,
    I know a way of putting a thing in water that would give you diarrhea and blood stools, would you try it. Similarly, if I placed a piece of magnet of a proper strength under your bed I can give you a heart attack, would you want it. But you won't find any of these in Vaastu Shastra. This is exactly the reason why people consider this to be a fake science. But believe me, all of you, Vaastu is a proper science, which really holds water.

Let me just explain one Aspect. " East for Knowledge, Education & Planning --

In the ancient times when there was no electricity and no light bulbs, the natural source of light was sun and sun alone. East was the source of growing light and fresh energy the 1st part of the day when people woke up with refreshed minds and energized bodies. The right time to make maximum use of the gray matter and the fresh morning light of the sun. But as the sun rose the shadows grew in contrast and heat, with out the ceiling fan or the air conditioner you can pretty well imagine what must have been like in the day, also the sun rising the light moved away from the windows and it became dark inside. There fore east was the optimum location in those settings. West was the place of waning light, a day over, of growing heat and piling problems of the day, now can this be the right direction and time to make those crucial decisions and memorize the scriptures? But today we are in much more energy fields than just the elements, like electrical, chemical, kinetic etc. so the setting has changed and analysis has to be done accordingly. Vaastu Shastra does set down a set of rules but it requires you to use your understanding and knowledge most intelligently for each situation. The thumb rule method does not work, i.e., One solution for all doesn’t take into account certain important factors that actually shape a living space that we call Vaastu. Tell me, In a class of 30 students with the same teachers teaching the same subjects for the same time periods, why is it that all the 30 students don’t get the same result?

As per Vaastu, we communicate with the surrounding through Three States of Being. The Physical-- Form, structure, alignment, shape and makeup; Emotional -- Colour, Luminance, Tone & Texture; Spiritual-- Desire, wishes, aspirations, wants & dreams. So, you see most of the Vaastu audits are incomplete only touching the first part that is the Physical aspect. So, unsatisfactory results. Just as we can effect our surrounding, we also get effected by it. Just as the Body-Mind Temple is the Vaastu of our soul similarly, Vaastu is the dwelling of this Body-Mind Temple. Therefore, any space that shelters, protects, procreates, nourishes and flourishes any life form within itself is said to be inhabited by the Vaastu Spirit called the Vaastu Purush. You will find him pined to the earth with his face down geomagnetically oriented. Why face down? It is said that the devas and devtas had to sit on his body to pin him down to earth. Because he is a very unstable character. Explanation-- As science had not advanced so much so as to have concrete houses as we do, they were left completely at the mercy of the furies of nature and house wrecks were a very common feature that is the reason why he has to be forced down for stability, symbolically, his being stable would result in fewer house wreaks also he was very nomadic in nature, he moved quickly if anything caught his fancy, face down that possibility was minimised, next, by lying flat on your belly on the earth surface your organs are in direct contact (which is a scientific fact )could derive maximum benefit of the earth energies thus filling the house with creative abundance. With abundance you can have more children. With more children you have more helping hands. This is one aspect, there are many more scientifically established facts which space and time constraints do not allow me to elaborate.

I will be very happy to know if I have been of any help to you guys. Please feel free to criticise. Because Vaastu is not a dead science whose skeletons have been mummified for posterity but a living, changing, evolving science based on solar, environmental and geomagnetic studies. Also, your criticism will help me to look at it in a different way.

Bye Karmayogi.

15. bsk777 Registered Member

Where Vasthu fails and falls!

With due respect to all of your posts here, for and against the validity of Vasthu, I must say it doesn't fall into any scientific process for two simple reasons that any scientific process must satisfy:

1. It must solve a problem.
    2. It must be repeatable.

Vasthu does not and cannot do either of the above, leave alone both.

If you are of the belief that it is an ancient science that does not require the excruciating validation of today's scientific eyes, sorry my friend - this forum is possible because of science, our discussion is not taking place in ether, and it is possible to explain very clearly, and repeat the processes that make the internet such a huge success. Need I say more?

16. bsk777 Registered Member

The position of the deities????

Quotes in blue.

The position of the deities as per the ancient texts are explained as follows:

* Northeast - The Lord Himself
    * East - Lord of Knowledge-Indra
    * North - Lord of Wealth-Kubera
    * Southeast - Lord of fire-Agni
    * Northeast - Lord of Vayu or Air
    * South - Lord of Death-Yama
    * West - Lord of night-Varuna
    * Southwest - Lord of Demons-The Anti God-Niruti

[/i] ”

North East not Lord Himsel, it is only Isananan. A lord who takes care of Vidya, Guru, Money, and good things in life. The Lord exists as the Vasthu Purushan on whom this whole thing is drawn.

Okay, so the North East is the lord himself? What do we have in the North East today? Strife, anti-national activities, and the largest area lost to another country.

East - lord of knowledge? Okay, Bengal has some knowledgeable people, for sure, but that is not as east as it can be. We have some of the dumbest people in India living in the East, and Bangladesh and Burma can hardly be called shining beacons of knowledge to OUR east!

North - Kubera? Kashmir is not by any means the richest of our states.

Southeast - fire? Tamilnadu is hardly our hottest state, but Tamil people do have a lot of fire, I agree here!

Northeast - lord of vayu or air - has to be gas, because it has been repeated with a change!!!

South - lord of death - do more South Indians die and others have immortality? I don't think so.

West - lord of the night - I don't know what this means, but I really don't have a problem with the wealthy west of our country - Bombay, Punjab, the beaches of Goa - are you kidding me?

Southwest - lord of demons? Really? Keralites - you answer this. Personally, I think you guys are all right!

Looks like Vasthu Purush has gone on holiday!

17. lightgigantic Banned Banned

applying analysis with vastu to something as vast as a continent is as mind boggling as trying to determine the exact numerical layering of individual grains of sand on a high tide next year - usually people try to apply it to dwellings.

that said, vastu is merely one of the factors that influence a situation -

BG 18.14: The place of action , the performer, the various senses, the many different kinds of endeavor, and ultimately the Supersoul — these are the five factors of action.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007