Using the word 'Black' on this forum!

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by alexb123, Oct 1, 2006.

1. leopold Valued Senior Member

your entire post is void of any relevance to this issue madanthony.

i have shown with thanks to JB that testosterone is responsible for high crime rates among blacks.
    the above can be confirmed by the fact that men outrank women in every major crime statistic.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Well, if you make violence a crime then men are of course more prone to criminal behaviour. If you would make knitting a crime i predict we would see a crime wave happening in the female population.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

madanthonywayne:

I didn't say that. I can explain if you ask nicely.

You are of African descent. We all are.

Are Egyptians black? Are Israelis black?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Baron Max:

I can tell whether one person has lighter or darker skin than another. But that is unlikely to tell me anything of genetic significance, apart from whatever combination of genes happens to code for more melanin. Observing that a person has black skin has very week predictive power in terms of genetics. Socially, of course, it's a whole different ball game.

You assume you can put people into boxes on the basis of their appearance, because you assume that superficial appearances correlate with complex innate characteristics such as intelligence and, yes, propensity to violence. But that's just a racist assumption, based on nothing.

But I'm repeating myself. You didn't understand the first time, so you probably won't get it this time, either.

I can say "gee! That guy has slightly slanty-looking eyes. Think I'll label him 'Oriental'." Will that tell me his IQ or his political affiliations or his propensity to violence?

You said it.

There are. Poor socioeconomic circumstances correlate to increases in violence.

Yes, and they do.

Let's step through it slowly.

What crime rates are you relying on? Who compiles those rates? What is recorded? Violence, or the outcomes of violence (arrests, convictions etc.)?

Now think.

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Statistics show that while blacks make up about 12% of the population in the USA, they commit over 50% of the violent crime. James, that's not FIRST looking at the race, THEN taking the stats!! It's actual fact in the USA. So if one sees a black man, he's more likely to commit violence than a white man. It's not racist, it's facts and statistics!

So again, if one sees a black man in the USA, he's more likely to commit violence than a white man. It's not racist, it's facts and statistics! While socio-economics might play a role, it's still a pretty stupid person not to damned careful and cautious of a black man.

I'm still waiting for the statistics and the reasoning behind the socio-economic causes of violent crime ...if it's true, then it must also correlate to all races in similar conditions. Can you show evidence that it does? Can you show facts and data and statistics to prove it? Or does it only apply to the blacks??

Don't have to think ....and I've told you a dozen times or so ...I've always used the stats as provided by the FBI on their websites. I've never, ever, relied on stats from racist websites.

Now I suppose you're going to tell me that the FBI is racist, therefore all their statistics is racist as welll? If so, perhaps it's you that has the problem, James!? Seeing only what you want to see or read so as to make the blacks look better than they are?

Baron Max

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

is it possible to be objective when in fear?

oh my god ! ! a black man ! ! run for the hills ! !
    if that isn't racist and bigoted i don't know what is baron. with an attitude like that you are incapable of objectivity.

10. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Is it possible to be objective while liberal? To be objective, one must be open to every possibility. To look at the statistics, and reject out of hand that race could possibly play a role, is biased and certainly not objective.

11. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Maybe
    OK, Sub-Saharan Africa.

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

what? do you agree that testosterone plays a large part of black crime?

would you also agree that if someone wanted to make the black race look bad they can easily do it with agitators and propaganda?

13. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Would you? It certainly may be part of the reason. There's also this:
    Now whether it's the MAO gene, excess testosterone, or whatever I don't know. But the evidence seems to suggest that Blacks are more prone to crime.
    Why would someone do that? And why do they do that in every country that blacks live in? Worldwide, the racial composition of an area is a strong predictor of the crime rate.

14. leopold Valued Senior Member

the link you gave for your MAO gene is broken.

anyway there is no reason to discount testosterone as a cause seeing as men outclass women in every crime catagory.

i didn't ask you if someone wanted to make black look bad i asked if you agree that they could.

15. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Here's another one:
    You'll notice it also addressed the issue of male/female violence levels. I still wouldn't necesarilly rule out testosterone as a contributer, though.
    I guess they could, but it would require a massive conspiracy. And to what end?

16. leopold Valued Senior Member

i wouldn't rule it out at all.
    would it? most people would be surprised to know how few people rule the world
    for the people that feel black is a threat, are somehow inferior, who are afraid of blacks, the list goes on and on.

i found the following interesting in regards to your MAO gene:
    In the same way, violence must be initiated by a case of abuse before the cycle can be perpetuated. It is quite obvious that no matter what chemicals or genes are found to be related to violence, all cases start from the impact of a patient's surroundings.
    http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro04/web2/apatel.html

so, with a few agitators, a little propaganda, and a whole lot of racism we have ourselves a ready made recipe for disaster

17. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

I hope you are smart enough to know what you are saying in this sentence about being conservative.

18. J.B Banned Banned

If your for affirmitive action or not, we all agree on one thing.

Blacks should be treated differently then other groups of humans.

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

why?

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, and even though they claim otherwise, they're posts lean heavily in that direction, don't they. But if you accuse them of racism, ooooh, geez, get out of the line of fire!!!

Baron Max

21. Satyr Banned Banned

Let’s make a list of words that are inappropriate.

Then we can truly say we are free-thinkers.

22. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

1. LOL
    2. IQ
    3. bully (there are only victims!!)
    4. intelligent
    5. Ronnie ( i got a PM today stating I was not allowed to use the word 'Ronnie' as a name for He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named or You-Know-Who because He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did not gave me permission to do so.

23. J.B Banned Banned

Because blacks are different,
    if we were all the same it would be a boring world.