US warships frightened by Iranian boats; War of Terror; US foreign policy, etc...

Discussion in 'World Events' started by S.A.M., Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Of course the Iranians never threaten anyone.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Do you feel threatened by Iran, BR?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Of course the Iranians never threaten anyone, so should I feel threatened?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

No, I don't think you should. Do you feel threatened by Iran, BR?

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Lets change the focus of the question just a bit from if I am afraid of Iran to should the world be afraid of a Nuclear armed Iran.

Then with the statement from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and the Ayatollahs yes I think the world should be wary.

That would probably describe my opinion. Wary and Observant.

9. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Vote for Fred Thompson then, Buffalo. As President, he'll take care of any nuclear threats:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://www.lastbestchance.org/

Decent little movie, kinda like 24, you can order it for free from the Nuclear Threat Initiative group.

Too bad a nuke got smuggled in through Canada though. I guess Freddy didn't do so well as President. =p

- N

10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The world is already dealing with a nuclear armed Israel, Pakistan, India, Russia, and US, in the region.

The only one making actual nuclear threats is the US. Iran would probably be the least likely, once on that list, to strike first.

Too bad we can't figure out some way to get Pakistan's nukes into Iran, somehow, for safer keeping. There would still be an Islamic Bomb, for the satisfaction of the Islamic ego, and less risk of terroristic disaster.

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Typical liberal mentality, confusing Hollywood for real life.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Wow. I agree, the story was exaggerated to support the Bush administration's desire for war. Sound familiar? This administration is traitorous. They would have our soldiers die for an avoidable conflict.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

USATODAY.com - Iran threatens U.S. with 'harm and pain'
    Iran threatened the United States with harm and pain Wednesday for its role in hauling Tehran before the UN Security Council over its nuclear program and ...
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2006-03-08-iran-nuclear_x.htm

Iran threatens US with 'harm and pain' | Iran | Guardian Unlimited
    Tehran warned Washington today that it could inflict "harm and pain" on the US to match any consequences Iran might suffer as a result of referral to the UN ...
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/iran/story/0,,1726374,00.html

As Iran Enriches Uranium: Ahmadinejad Threatens Israel with ...
    It's hardly surprising any more when Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad threatens Israel with destruction. It wasn't so long ago that he suggested the ...
    http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,484958,00.html

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

*US pees in pants even though Iran has not invaded a country in 1400 years*

15. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

16. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

First, humorous surprise that they actually made it.

Second, "easy pickings" at the end of an impossibly long logistics chain.

Third, wonderment at what the Iranians thought they'd actually accomplish with a float-by that didn't invite erasure of their homeland.

17. Harnu Semper Fidelis Registered Senior Member

One, then I guess they're about due for an attack. And B, I think it's pretty apparent the U.S. aims it's piss at other countries and not our own pants, thank-you-very-much.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Depends what unit you were with.

The worst unit in the area, was the 4rth Infantry Division, and maybe the 3rd Armour Division. They were sent to do jobs they weren't trained for.

19. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Harnu: "I think it's pretty apparent the U.S. aims it's piss at other countries and not our own pants, thank-you-very-much."

Not if you consider the 1860s, and not if you consider the geopolitical wind we're facing right now- we're looking at an unprecedented certainty of blowback today.

20. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

So Iran makes a few threats, so fucking what? There's a difference between talking shit and invading countries, which YOUR country has been doing quite a bit of lately. I'd say the US is the threat to world peace, not Iran.

21. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

I personally find it hilarious that americans refuse to admit they lost in Vietnam.

To match this, I will now refuse to admit that we Brits lost the yankmerican war of independence. You see, the circumstances were identical. The soldiers, marines bla bla bla (Harnu, I'm looking at you) won but the politicians called them home, bla bla bla. What a load of shit.

When you pack up and leave and fail your objective (protect the S. Vietnamese) you LOSE the war.

The US lost in Vietnam. The end. Stop being so pathetic you can't admit defeat. You're bad losers and even worse winners.

22. John99 Banned Banned

What was the objective in Viet Nam? I think they may have lost the battle but won the war. hoorah.

23. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Your self-satisfying, auto-stimulating narrative aside, the US did not lose in Viet Nam. Approximately half the US (population) lost its win in Viet Nam in the US, thanks to the other approximately half of the US (people who think just like you)--the same people now losing in Iraq.

Stop being so pathetic that you can't admit winning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.