US warships frightened by Iranian boats; War of Terror; US foreign policy, etc...

Discussion in 'World Events' started by S.A.M., Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exiled Registered Member

Yes, I did say " leader", not King.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Someone's gone too far.
    Navy Times:

Come back to Sci, and stay off Channel 16!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Echo3Romeo One man wolfpack Registered Senior Member

hypewaders, how old are you? You post some really intelligent stuff sometimes, but that response is so poorly formatted and polluted with inane, tangential rants that I'm left wondering if you were sober when you pecked it out. (Again.)

First of all, if you had read the lessons learned for MC02, you would know that the blue fleet wasn't anywhere close to shore at the time when he hit them with the small boats. What Van Riper did was insert a bunch of surface tracks into the back end of the GCCS-M database used for the exercise, giving those tracks coordinates that put them right in the middle of the blue formation. In reality, the IRGC is not equipped with teleporters. The speedboats would have sortied from shore and been spotted by the CSG's CAP aircraft or SUW screen before they closed to engagement range. This is such a grade-school level concept in naval surface warfare that I'm amazed anyone who claims experience in this subject matter would need it explained to them.

Second, you completely and utterly missed the overall point of my post. Contrary to your kneejerk reaction, I did not post my personal experiences to make you feel threatened (and I'm confused why you seem to), but to make a case for what I was explaining. I was hoping that accounts of other such exercises would help people here understand the frequent nature in which the blue team gets raped, why it is practically a requirement that they do, and the context in which all of that needs to be interpreted in.

You also need to stop pigeonholing anyone who disagrees with your bizarro fantasy where the IRGC hands the USN its ass as victims of "the illusion of US invulnerability." Seriously, where the hell did I indicate that I believed that? All I'm saying is that you (and others) have misinterpreted the results of an exercise, and provided some indicators of your mistake, and you've taken that to mean that I think all Iranians are worthless "sand niggers", that I'm smarter than LTGEN Van Riper, etc. Anyone who bothered to comprehend what I wrote would see otherwise. I would try to clear up this confusion further but I honestly can't tell what you wrote out of ignorance, and what you wrote because you decided to be a smarmy dickhead. But just to humor you a little:

We were the screen for a pair of two other red team fast attack subs. They did most of the shooting. I think Yorktown took credit for a PC and a FFG, directly, but my memory isn't perfect and I don't have that lessons learned in front of me. It happened during JTFEX 99-1, if you care to look it up.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

E3R: "hypewaders, how old are you?"

"That response is so poorly formatted and polluted with inane, tangential rants that I'm left wondering if you were sober when you pecked it out."

We're supposed to stay sober here? I didn't know. Maybe we can understand each other anyway.

"the blue fleet wasn't anywhere close to shore at the time when he hit them with the small boats."

He hit them with everything. Boats that were close, planes, missiles, etc. If you think it was just fast boats, you need to review.

"What Van Riper did was insert a bunch of surface tracks into the back end of the GCCS-M database used for the exercise, giving those tracks coordinates that put them right in the middle of the blue formation."

No, he maneuvered the boats into position without popups.

"the IRGC is not equipped with teleporters."

Neither was Van Ripen during the exercise. He stepped away when the game was reset unrealistically.

'The speedboats would have sortied from shore and been spotted by the CSG's CAP aircraft or SUW screen before they closed to engagement range."

They were. In the scenario they were everywhere, and driving Blue nuts with the task of tracking and assessing them.

"This is such a grade-school level concept in naval surface warfare that I'm amazed anyone who claims experience in this subject matter would need it explained to them."

You haven't been explaining. You have been mischaracterizing.

"I did not post my personal experiences to make you feel threatened"

Whew! I'm so relieved!

"I was hoping that accounts of other such exercises would help people here understand the frequent nature in which the blue team gets raped, why it is practically a requirement that they do, and the context in which all of that needs to be interpreted in."

We can be raped in real life too.

'You also need to stop pigeonholing anyone who disagrees with your bizarro fantasy where the IRGC hands the USN its ass as victims of "the illusion of US invulnerability." '

But you seemed to me to be under that illusion. You skirted around the very real Iranian potential to overload the US Navy in the Gulf, and to suddenly present us with more incoming than can be fended off. Our status as Cop of the Gulf can be demolished without numerical victory by the enemy, because we're already on thin political ice.

"where the hell did I indicate that I believed that? All I'm saying is that you (and others) have misinterpreted the results of an exercise, and provided some indicators of your mistake, and you've taken that to mean that I think all Iranians are worthless "sand niggers", that I'm smarter than LTGEN Van Riper, etc."

Glad to hear it. That was my entire point: Van Riper had valid warnings we should heed in confronting Iran right now.

"Anyone who bothered to comprehend what I wrote would see otherwise."

Sorry to have misread you. I'm usually fairly astute.

"We were the screen for a pair of two other red team fast attack subs. They did most of the shooting."

Well you might have included that- having served as a CT aboard SSNs, I would have understood how that changes the equation considerably. That's close to the level of Iranian firepower the 5th fleet faces out there- except some of Iran's antiship missiles fly even faster.

"I think Yorktown took credit for a PC and a FFG, directly, but my memory isn't perfect and I don't have that lessons learned in front of me. It happened during JTFEX 99-1, if you care to look it up."

OK thanks, that will be more interesting to read having chatted with you.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

9. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Damn. Cant we jus bomb dem anyways?

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Sure, why not.

11. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Not without consequences.

12. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

consequences? wassat?

13. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

:wallbang:

14. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Here's more emerging on the hyping of the encounter. Whatever actually transpired, someone apparently close to leadership is dishonestly and recklessly agitating for war, which merits investigation and prosecution.

15. countezero Registered Senior Member

How is it false if Iran is confirming the story?

16. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Iran's version does not corroborate the allegations that their launches were threatening shipping. Nor does the US Navy agree that the encounter was unusual. Somebody in the Pentagon or Whitehouse made a bungled attempt to trump up the encounter. The lack of public curiosity about such deception reveals a deplorable apathy about truth. We're conspicuously indifferent to being misled in the USA, which invites fateful gambits.

17. modern warfare, as the saying goes, ain't about the size but the impact
    USS Cole as an example: http://images.encarta.msn.com/xrefmedia/sharemed/targets/images/pho/35a5f/35a5f836.jpg

my dear Princess, please look at a map, I think that would be Canada's problem, hopefully they would hand those Iranians a GPS, some warm parkas & some hot coffee before they got back on their way

now, if you meant the Hudson River, then I'm not sure the Iranians would stand a chance between getting potshots from Brooklyn & Queens

18. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

So it was all a fake ? We spent 20 pages arguing about nothing.. wohooo!.

19. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

It isn't nothing: While 20 pages unfolded, USAmericans have spent a week content with being lied to again, while somewhere someone is concocting the next deception.

20. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Could have been worse. Could have led to war. Still might....

21. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

That's the danger.

22. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Great, Don't you americans get sick of anything ? .. I got sick of fast food within my first 4 meals... and now only have it occasionally. Can't you do the same thing with these whopping lies ?

23. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

and since when has the current adminastration cared about them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.