US soldier kills puppy, the whole world gets upset

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Syzygys, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I really want an answer to this question though. In your own words please..

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

They're trained to kill. Thats what killers do, kill.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

Paid for Killing and Killing for pleasure are different thing's though i'm sure the army do not create sadists..........actualy i'm not so sure

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

you havent got to be a soldier to be a sadist

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

If you are sleeping in your own home and you are under attack and kill the attacker, is different from you think some guy may kill you so you move into his home and destroy it and kill his family, don't you think? If in addition, you also throw his dog off a cliff, its hardly surprising.

9. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

He acted sadisticly, not honourably.
    There are things we do and things we don't do...It's why we don't roll in our own chit and swing from trees.
    Can't think the best place is when his service is done for a 'Puppy thrower'....Hillbilly Olympic games maybe:booo:

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What part of the Iraq war is honourable?

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

What do YOU think about the way this puppy was killed ?
    Do you think it unnecessarily cruel ? Even if it had to be killed for some reason, shouldn't they have done it in an other, more 'humane', way ?

What does it tell you about those people ?
    The fact that they did this and that they were obviously having fun doing it, does that tell you anything about their mindset ? Mind you, few soldiers will kill puppies even when given a free pass. Let alone have fun doing it.

Try not to be evasive this time.
    Thank you.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Umm they are trained killers and thats what they do, kill. Thats my opinion of it. I'm not surprised that someone who is trained to kill and sent to kill, kills. I don't think a great deal of thought or planning went into it. See target, kill.

I've yet to see an instance of anyone creating a bomb that deselects puppies.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

This is exactly why they called you out for being dishonest.
    You are beyond reasoning.. have a great day.

14. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

None

15. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

It was a flaw in his psyche not his nationality......As I'm sure there are Americans which are prouder of the actions of their state rather than the "U.S.".....

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I don't think I ever brought up his nationality, and frankly I don't give a shit..

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm dishonest because I'm not making assumptions of sadism about a soldier killing a puppy in a war zone. ummm, okay. :shrug:

18. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Well I don't have a choice of where my tax money goes. I know I pay less than I should, but I don't know whether those dollars go to the local park or the park in Iraq. Do you have a choice? Let me know how it's done.

The military personnel are judged by military personnel because civilians do not see war, don't know what really happens there, and don't know how to conduct it. Yes, like you said, soldiers give up right to make moral choices and their superiors make decisions for them; that's because their superiors are more informed and because that provides for quicker action. Yea, management is difficult like that. You may question your boss's decisions, but you still have to abide by them.

I don't know why that puppy got thrown, and apparently people in this thread doubt whether that was a puppy and whatever.... It's none of my business. Puppies die every day, I don't go crazy about any of them. There are a lot of things people think are acceptable with animals and unacceptable with humans. We sterilize dogs without second thought, but it's not the same with people; we euthanise dogs, but it's not the same with people; we accept that there's too many deer in an area and that hunting should be allowed again for a while, but to say the same about people is somehow immoral.

19. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Well, sam, making assumptions of the sadism of soldiers/military seems to be your M.O. a lot of the time.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I make very few assumptions. Most of my opinions are based on well known facts about policy.

21. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

How about cows? Ants? Dust mites? Bacteria? Viruses?

22. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Enmos:
    And you are its counterpart by placing a non-human's above yours.

Do I agree that the thought of smashing a squealing brat through glass is orgasmic? Absolutely- there's no shame in misanthropy and I hate you all.

But to believe that a mother grizzly, her fangs dripping with blood, the heat of fresh kill evaporating in the bitter frost of a barren Tundra that every morning hisses an icy menace of Death- that this animal gives a fuck about what I think of her, that by 'respecting' this animal and prostituting my human ideals on her territory is doing anything other than getting in the way is me being that hypocrite.

And this sounds like you.
    ....You've just given me a great idea for a thread.

Your respect means nothing; a mere luxury item among sapiens.

Here's a passage from Allen Andrew's "Castle Crispin", the conversation here is between Lulu the hare and Rupert the beagle:

LULU: What is a knight?

RUPERT:Among the mandrakes, a lord will call a man a knight, install him and tell him it's a great honour. It really means that hte knight must spend heavily on horses and weaponry and turn up with a few followers to fight for the lord on demand.

LULU:What do they fight for? Food?

RUPERT: No, Honour. The lord's honour. Sometimes he gives a knight a bit, too.

LULU: What is honour? Very good food?

Its the most hilarious mockery of human arrogance, in my opinion. In other words, Enmos, that you feel a puppy is worth your respect is a narcissism of the worst order.
    Its not only silly, but it has that Homeric tragedy of uselessness, that of Timothy Treadwell ~spiritually connecting~ with a mound of grizzly manure.

He got mauled, you know.

And if you knew I've had to crush live rats to feed White Naped Storks, Kori bustards and Frogmouths?

Whitewolf:
    Unfortunately, no.

Wish we did though.

Understood, but your statement concerned being powerless.

We're not- we're just lazy, intellectually sterile, pathetically disposable consumers more interested in who sired Nicole's spawn than showing up to at least vote.

We are feminine, eager to please, embracing a status quo that is destroying this country the way a mother embraces her sweet, useless moron merely because its her son.
    This is what we, like good quiet mothers who assume we cannot do anything but continue as slaves, have done to our country:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Price of gas is close to 4 dollars here and not a peep. We, like a good respectable Christian mothers who can barely verbalize protest let alone think it, show up at the pump every week, roll over and take it in the asshole.

You don’t see it- we are his boss. It is only American sloth that keeps it in theory.

But its a puppy!!!

23. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

x2, dear. Totally.

We are. We are grossly underinformed. Most understand that we were grossly lied to about Iraq and Afghanistan, but we still have no clue why our troops are there and what's happening there. Because we are not there. Do you know?

Speak for yourself, stinky fluffster. <3

I attribute that to Puritanic values instead of femininity. All of that, plus the guilt trips. No other country gives a rat's shit about what other countries think about it, Americans are crying because "everybody hates us." We are still the men and women who spied and rumored about Hester Prynn and her chile.

Oh, come on.

I don't give a rat's shit. All the dog persons would be quiet if it was a kitten. And don't try to say it ain't so.