US ready to strike Iran by spring

Discussion in 'World Events' started by madanthonywayne, Feb 10, 2007.

1. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

No prob buddy.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I should watch out for that.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Hypewaders, the reason why people buy that BS is becasue they see all Middle Easterners the same way. As far as they are concerned, they look the same, they probably all work together, Osama, Saddam, etc its all the same to them.

The idea that there are different factions, different players in the ME with different (and conflicting) interests simply doesnt cross their mind.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"I should watch out for that."

It's just that there really are idiots around here who would offer that "nukin' 'em all" would actually herald the "New American Century". Sometimes I just fail to keep in mind who's who.

"its all the same to them... The idea that there are different factions, different players in the ME with different (and conflicting) interests simply doesnt cross thier mind."

But through the hard lessons of unfolding history, everyday Americans are being presented unavoidably with these nuances. When this disaster spreads beyond Iraq (and I don't think that US attacks on Iran will be necessary for that) then more Americans will learn much more about the multiple fault-lines in the Mideast: Primarily, the age-old haves and have-nots- Zionists over Palestinians, and Gulf Sunni mafias lording it over the disenfranchised Shi'a majority. Talking with Americans, I sense a healthy curiosity (at last) over why the Bush 43 strategy has gone so horribly wrong in igniting new problems.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  8. jumpercable 6EQUJ5 'WOW' Registered Senior Member

You have to remember the mentality of the current U.S. president. It is the same as his poll ratings. Very low.

9. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

It seems the Bush Admin is desperate to curb Irans' growing influence in the ME, a growing influence directly resulting from the two wars.

Is it a coincidence that Putin made his comments just as the US increases its pressure? Russia seems to have more interests in Iran than they did with Iraq.

10. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Bush's war party have created too many enemies now internationally, in Congress, in the Supreme Court, in the Pentagon, at Ft. Meade, and even in the media. Lacking a stunning and convincing pretext, this amatuer emporer thankfully hasn't got the influence left to push America over that brink.

11. 567 Registered Senior Member

So what is americas plan? Destroy Iran and irak and then what? do what?

What is the whole point of it? I am sure they will than attack pakistan so lets say they destroy iran/irak/pakistan.. india is already in their lap, now what have they acheived? I don't get it. By the way attacking iran is total insanity but i am positive that neocons will do it and they will do it soon.

12. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I'm not talking about Iran. I'm talking about Iran's chain reaction and CSTO.
    Great wars allow great men to shine. I plan to be one of those great men.

13. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"I'm talking about Iran's chain reaction and CSTO."

What does that mean?

"Great wars allow great men to shine. I plan to be one of those great men."

How do you plan to shine, your Greatness?

14. Xylene Valued Senior Member

Reminds me painfully of the creeping extension of the war in Vietnam, then Laos, then Cambodia, which I saw about forty years ago. To paraphrase Jennifer Flowers, you'd think the boys would've learned something by that experience.

15. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Mr G what does the US stand to gain from this, I mean at the end of the day where do US account books stand, net gain or net loss? (seriously asking for your insight here) I have been under the impression that the US economy is straining under the burden of the operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. I get the feeling that US resources are waning and being squandered on pointless military forays do you think that is wrong and if so why.

sincerely
    your amigo
    anonymous

16. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Link.
    No idea.

17. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Oniw17:.
    "
    "

Hogwash. Your Michael Carmichael article is rambling drivel. Are you seriously asking us to consider it?

18. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Maybe. Or I just googled it. You decide.

19. DubStyle I may be wrong, but I doubt it Registered Senior Member

I'm kinda curious what gives you that impression because outside of some structural problems, the US economy has bee doing fantastic the last several years.

Are you getting your impressions from something specific or are you simply thinking "theyre spending so much money they must be running out".

20. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

Tell that to the Indians. We were part of the belligerent British Empire. I fail to see how you of all people can bring up the founding of this country being that it was all about MONEY. CAPITALISM. NO TAXES. The very conservative ideals you hate. France is more to your liking.

This country has been fighting wars from the very beginning. Our founding fathers fall into your 'warmonger' description so dont get all sentimental on us.

21. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

We are not going to invade Iran. We are just going to set their nuclear research back a decade or two. Only an idiot believes that Iran has no interest in acquiring nuclear weapons.

22. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

crazy151drinker:"Tell that to the Indians. We were part of the belligerent British Empire. I fail to see how you of all people can bring up the founding of this country being that it was all about MONEY. CAPITALISM. NO TAXES. The very conservative ideals you hate. France is more to your liking."

French political thought was influencial at the time, and I do like France. But I prefer to be an American. It seems to me like you are only parroting some mindless right-wing rhetoric that was popular around the time of the last Presidential election, that came from sources like Rush Limbaugh. I seem to have very different American role-models than you. Looking back, it's true that rampant racism and exploitation were a significant part of the times in the founding days. But something unique in government was begun in the founding of the United States. If you're familiar with the concepts advanced by the "Enlightenment", by Locke, Paine, Tocqueville, Jefferson, and others, then you know what was special about it, especially in comparison with today's political "cutting-edge", and in comparison with the superficial and uninformed dialogue on the subject you are offering here.

In the founding of this country, there was a constructive debate on equality, secularism, extremism, freedom, on the process of advancing a "more perfect union", and on the role and responsibility of the citizenry in perpetuating and perfecting our society. Things that are of vital importance right now. We were handed a highly experimental, participatory, and as it turned out highly advanced form of government, even by the standards of other governments today. I think we often fail as American citizens today to understand, appreciate and live up to this unique and valuable beginning.

The kind of colonialistic or adventuristic wars of choice that our leadership is now conducting in Iraq and threatening in Iran are a glaring contradiction of our founding American principles, as is our democratic apathy in stopping an Executive branch that has been out of control.

Yes the United States came into being in an age of European expansion, of genocide, and of slavery. Yes, the United States has always been fallible, and has committed national crimes. But no, we were not founded as a world empire, or as a movement for imposing our system upon other nations. We were instead founded as a unique beacon and example of liberty, and that legacy lives on. In our Constitution, and in the thoughts of the Founders, there is wisdom that could be well applied today if American citizens will pay better attention.

"The very conservative ideals you hate: [money, capital, no taxes]"

Statements like this demonstrate that there is a lot about me, and I think also about my country, that you really don't understand because you are thinking very shallowly.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  23. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Oops, can't let you off on this little bit of slander either:

"Our founding fathers fall into your 'warmonger' description so dont get all sentimental on us."

I'll try to not get sentimental if you'll try not to be completely full of shit. What specific wars of aggression did the Founders advocate then, crazy151drinker?