US Presidential Debates

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Sep 25, 2016.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

A trade war with Japan led to the first use of nuclear weapons on Earth.

Quantum Quack likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I knew it was all about gaslighting.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Do you realize that most wars if not all wars have an economic or financial agenda?
    All wars as far as I know have been about money and power associated.
    Trumps trade war would most likely escalate into armed confrontation especially if he continues to attack the Chinese economy as he has been doing.
    The use of trade sanctions always has an inherent risk as what has happened with Russia who could be said to be now seeking to get past those sanctions by being an even more aggressive world player.
    Trumps call to make 'em pay for USA protection also has enormous implications regarding world stability....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

also the birth of Adolf Hitler, Nazi Germany, ww2, the holocaust and the end of the German monarchy...

"No money ...No honey!" ~ Mammon was heard to cry out when he realized he lost his wallet.

8. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

30 minutes to go ....

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Six pack: Check

Pineapple Express: Check

Two televisions ready: Check

Am I going to try to blog↱ this debate?: Still debating.

(Last time I left the laptop downstairs, wandered back and forth because it was easier than cringing through each moment sitting still.)​

10. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Neither candidate is sounding very presidential so far.

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I have to disagree. The Donald is clearly out of control. He clearly appears to be paranoid. He keeps interrupting. He's acting just like he acted in the previous 2 debates but with extra helpings of paranoia.

Trump's arguing with the moderator. This is good stuff. Trump's still playing only to his base, and he needed to do more than that.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  12. sculptor Valued Senior Member

But, then again, you are not unbiased.
    Are you?

13. zgmc Registered Senior Member

He certainly doesn't come across as a presidential figure... I'm not sure where all this stuff about getting played by Putin is coming from?

14. zgmc Registered Senior Member

Did he just call her a "nasty woman"? Wtf..

15. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

But... "I'll look at it at the time" stands out for me...as almost treasonous.

zgmc likes this.
  16. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

well guys you may very well end up with Russian president...called Trump.. It seems pretty clear to me... but then again who am I?

17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Nor are you my friend, but that said, I'm truly an independent. I vote for and donate to candidates of both parties. Candidates and issues are most important to me. Trump said he wasn't prepared to accept the results of the election this evening. Trump clearly demonstrated he isn't presidential timber. He spent a good part of the evening defending himself.

18. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

He did.

19. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

By attacking everyone and everything else... ( and not defending himself per se)
    It is amazing that he thinks so much of Hillary that he spent so much time attempting to tear her down... down from where?

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It certainly is dangerous and unpatriotic.

There is a growing divergence between Trump, his campaign, and his party. Trump is saying he won't accept the election results. His running mate said Trump would accept the results. His campaign manager said he would accept the results, and Republican Party leaders have said they would accept the election results.

21. zgmc Registered Senior Member

I don't think his performance tonite will win him any votes... I really Don't like the stuff about not honoring the election. He's trying to set up riots if he loses. Its pretty messed up. He's been telling his base to police the polling places. That's dangerous stuff.

22. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Hillary should have asked Trump what he intended to do if he couldn't accept the election result...and nailed him good and proper...
    In fact that is the KEY question for the next couple of weeks...

zgmc likes this.
  23. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Russia has also indicated they will not accept the election result...
    "If elected HC will be the last American president" video available if requested.