US knows

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Avatar, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I was talking with my sister online about UFO's and aliens and she made this cool statement/question.
    So I thought tht it would be interesting to post it. ->

-quote-If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?-q-

Maybe you have an answer,
    Say your thoughts->

P.S. as I'm not an American, I'll better leave it locals

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mato Registered Member

It is common practice to throw on aditions to a bill before it is passed, this was one of those additions as some one didnt want the larger bill it was attached to to either pass or be taken seriously. It is done all the time, a tax or a grant for some outrageous cause that would otherwise be denied is added on to a bill that cant be rejected in it's importance or because of political bs. Basically the selection you quoted was little more than a costly political joke on another bill or cause. That and 1969 every one was smoking something...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Suggest you direct your sister to:

<a href=http://www.snopes2.com/legal/et.htm><font color=red> Code of Federal Regulations Title 14, Section 1211 </font></a>

Just another 'Urban Legend' based on an actual event.

Take care

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

quote frm the article
    SAD

BTW, How do you think our government treated Grays, if they landed in Trafalgar square and everybody had seen it (no use to hide information then). What would be the reaction?
    What would be the danger to us?
    Really we wouldn't know wht those aliens are up to. Let there be peace or Independence Day like invasion.
    I think tht we urgently need to form World Government. YES, I know -> terorists, muslins, christians, hindi. They all don't fit together, but if we need to prepare our defences or even defend our actions must be coordinated. If every country acted on their own -> solar system planet 3 conquored, move on to andromeda planet 2

What needs to happen to make one world government?! an alien invasion during new years eve (everyone's at party). Maybe I'm a little bit paranoyid, but we need to prepare earth defences and spend much more money on research.

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

UFO history...

Don't worry... they are civilized...

Btw, what do you know about UFO's and ET's...?

There is still lots of discussion in this topic...
    For example... I heard from my parents that the transmition in 1969 was cut for some minutes... why...?
    And then, the astronauts taked about UFOs following the spaceship! But then, the government said them to deny it, and they did...

There are tons of photos of UFOs in the atmosphere... I saw many in the internet, but I don't remember where anymore... it was long time ago...

And the Russians? They must got something too... And if the whole Cold War research was based in extraterrestrial technology?

Since 1950, when we began to use nuclear weapons they came back here (you can find them in all old Religions). Why only after we began using nuclear weapons? Perhaps they want to warn us about them because their planet was destroied by them... Or perhaps they are trying to get something from us... who knows? I believe in the first one. They seem too advanced to still be violent.

So... the US knows?
    It seems that it does...

Love,
    Nelson

9. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Out of curiosity to those who believe that we need to unite as a planet in attempts to defend ourselves against alien attack: if these aliens are so advanced that they've either travelled the HUGE distance with mass weapons of destruction to kill us, or have amazingly enough hidden themselves from us if they live close; what chance do we have against them?

I mean honestly, what would our fighter jets and aircraft carriers do against aliens with (I assume) space weapons?

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Tyler,

Why would they want to destroy us?

Love,
    Nelson

11. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Because some of our deep-space probes crashed into two of their pressure domes, collapsing them and killing many. Their leader, Gorg Booch-471 has declared a war against the terrorists of the evil third planet. Yeah, I guess it sounds a little far-fetched... since there are no aliens!!!

Peace.

12. supernova_smash Registered Senior Member

maybe...

Maybe that is included in the Code because the gov. thought it would discourage people from coming up with a tonne (note metric spelling) of "alien encounters". How many people would claim to have talked with aliens if they knew it was illegal? Still a funny thought

13. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

As a former employee of the Australian Defence Force, with high clearance and access to all sorts of funky things, I can assure you that there are no aliens. None. What you saw was swamp gas lighting up quite brightly due to otherwise clear weather and our very close proximity to Venus at that time of year...

14. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Which is exactly what we would expect someone involved in the coverup to say, Adam.

Peace.

---Edit: fix my lame vB code ---

Last edited: Mar 22, 2002
  15. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

no aliens in Australia, you wanted to say

16. Rick Valued Senior Member

Goofy i am floored... your remarks are just

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaahhahahaaaaaaaa...

bye!

17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

No... we are completly harmless to them...

18. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Be careful what you wish for. Not all extraterrestrials are peaceful...

(BTW, there are extraterrestrials in Australia too. Doesn't mean you are aware of it!) :bugeye:

19. Don H Registered Senior Member

Snopes is a great site however I did find an example where they were flat out wrong. But that is another story.

There are FEMA manuels for Fire Departments that have clear cut guidlines for UFO encounters that differ greatly from airplane crashes. FEMA in turn got these recomendations from a rather well known think tank. Is this proof of anything? No but it is an interesting example of preparedness regarding crashed sattilites and other potential unknowns.

20. orthogonal Registered Senior Member

Tyler explained above that an alien culture with a technology sufficiently advanced to travel the enormous distance would have little trouble dealing with our primative defenses.

TruthSeeker then asked why they would want to destroy us?

In his book Pi in the Sky, author John Barrow suggests that if humans are an example of how a species in this universe treats life of lesser intelligence; then we are in for a world of hurt! Considering how we treat animals, do you really want to meet an alien culture of greater technological capability? Barrow suggests we spend our money on camouflage rather than SETI dishes. I suggest that we rethink our treatment of animals.

BTW, I've brought this up once before. I apologize for the repetition.

Michael

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

maybe they will just look at how fucked up we are and rid the universe of a contamination

22. orthogonal Registered Senior Member

Asguard,

I was wondering about two of the sentences in your signature.
    If as you suggest, we live in an infinite universe where everything is probable, wouldn't it be probable there is another race that is more evil than the human race?

Michael

23. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

maybe there is but that would be a real achivement to beat us

B\W that dosn't refer to potentule other spiecies that is a reference to the fact that there is NO difference between us and our "enermys". We can't dismiss them as just savages or terrioests or anything else. they are just like us and we are just as bad as they are