US compensation for dead Iraqis

Discussion in 'Politics' started by S.A.M., Jan 18, 2008.

?

US should pay compensation for death/imjury of Iraqis due to occupation

1. Yes

15.0%
  2. No

60.0%
  3. Don't know

5.0%
  4. Some other opinion

20.0%
  1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

sounds like the stupid goverment should have just BOUGHT so chickens to replace the killed ones

I cant stop laughing at the idiocy of that

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You're assuming the money actually reached the people. Or that people were truly compensated.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sandy Banned Banned

Maybe the muslims should compensate us and the families of the dead/injured from 911.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Sure, sue the dead hijackers families.

Then pay the Iraqis for destroying their country infrastructure, murder, torture and unlawful detention.

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Neither could we.

It was chaos going through a Vill, guts and feathers everywhere.

9. Echo3Romeo One man wolfpack Registered Senior Member

If you have a carload of Iraqis that ends up getting blasted to hell mistakenly rushing a checkpoint, their surviving relatives need to take the death certificates to the office of Colonel so-and-so, the local battalion commander, and usually they get a cash sum on the spot. Sympathy pay maxes out at something $2500 per casualty, I think. The money comes from the local commander's discretionary funds, the same funds that pay for things like non-shitbag interpreters and good cigars for the local sheikhs.

This is how it was in late 2005 at least, when I was there last.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Beats cutting off ears of Vietnamese to make necklaces. What was the compensation for that?

Or for playing soccer with the decapitated head of an Iraqi?

http://www.truthout.org/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi/61/20241

11. iceaura Valued Senior Member

We paid Michelin Rubber, for sure. We kind of overlooked some of the water buffalo. Let's say most of the water buffalo.

The ones in Cambodia, in particular. Laos. Killed by bombs. The ones shot at My Lai and similar incidents.

As far as compensation to Iraqis, the US rules on all claims based on soldiers' reports - if a soldier didn't see it and report it, it didn't happen. So the convoy shootings, bomb, and artillery deaths, for examples, are mostly not covered (they aren't seen).

And the US pays no compensation (except by immediate command discretion, apparently) for any deaths "in combat", or anyone killed by the tens of thousands of mercenaries, or anyone killed by Iraqis regardless of association.

Anyone trace the original source of the money for the compensation funds ? Twenty million a year ought to leave a trail. IIRC some of the early "goodwill" money for similar purposes was paid to the Iraqis out of their own oil money.

12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

S.A.M. we are, can't you read, Echo 3 Romeo told you that, I told you that, if you care to look it up you will find that we pay, we are paying to rebuild the country, we helped rebuild Germany and Japan after that war, Jesus S.A.M. open you eyes.

If your are Islam I don't want any part of that religion, all I here is Blood for Blood, Money for Blood, Don't Forgive, Don't Forget, Kill in the Name of Allah and the Prophet, if that is what you want get your butt out on the line and Kill for Allah, Mohammad, and go to Paradise.

Guess what we the U.S. forgave Iraq the war debt,

US Forgives Iraq Debt To Clear Way for IMF Reforms
    US Forgives Iraq Debt To Clear Way for IMF Reforms. By Brian Dominick .... countries to purchase war materiel," Alnasrawi wrote in a recent analysis. ...
    http://www.globalpolicy.org/security/issues/iraq/reconstruct/2004/1219uscancelled.htm

US Forgives Iraq Debt To Clear Way for IMF Reforms
    By Brian Dominick
    NewStandard
    December 19, 2004

In a move that took a full step beyond expectations, the US Departments of State and Treasury announced yesterday the dissolution of all outstanding debt they previously claimed Iraq owed Washington.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Bullshit.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Did they also bring to life the 500,000 children killed under sanctions, the one million dead, restore the country and its economy and release all those detained? Did they return all they STOLE from Iraq? Big fucking deal.

How about an Iraqi kills everyone in your family, bombs your house and steals your assets and THEN pays your credit card and other debts? Is this supposed to make restitution?

15. iceaura Valued Senior Member

What part, Buffalo? You claiming we paid for the water buffalo taken out by the B-52s in Cambodia ?

Or are you claiming we pay compensation for mercenary killings in Iraq? Got an example for us ?

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

2500 dollars? What is the price for a dead American?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

According to Sharia and the Quran it is. Remember I am a Dhimmi, the only right I have under Islam and Sharia' is compensation.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

According to sharia, the victim decides the restitution. They can demand blood for blood.

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Prove you claim that we didn't pay for Water Buffalo killed by our actions in Vietnam or Cambodia.

BRADMCCALL.BLOGSPOT.COM- war resisters welcome here.: Blackwater ...
    -Compensation paid to family of an Iraqi vice presidential guard killed by a drunken Blackwater operator in the Green Zone last Christmas Eve: $20000 ...
    http://bradmccall.blogspot.com/2007/11/blackwater-shadow-army.html

20. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Only if your are Moslem, as a Dhimmi, do I have that right?

21. iceaura Valued Senior Member

This ought to be interesting. Most of the countries trashed by IMF "reforms" had an economy of some feeble sort to begin with, which tended to cast the IMF reforms in a bad light. Maybe we can have our first country to actually do no worse after the IMF reforms than before them.

Did they also forgive Saddam's war debt to Kuwait, or is ten or fifteen percent of the official oil take still headed to the manicured misogycracy of that exemplary US ally - and its business associates, naturally ?

It's a compliance with local custom, SAM, in cases of "no fault". The actual compensation for guilty wrong can go much higher.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Any figures? I hear the Afghan wedding party "accidentally" bombed by the US received $100 dollars per dead and that too was from Karzai.

23. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The U.S. forgave all the debts owed to us by Iraq.