US air strikes kill 140 civilians in Afghanistan, including 93 children

Discussion in 'World Events' started by DiamondHearts, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And why is your father lobbing rockets from his roof? Oh because some foreigners have moved in and are taking over the land with military force? In which case, your father should run away and let them bomb you?

IOW, if a robber invades your home and your father shoots at him, he's using you as a human shield.

What logic. Wah wah! :bravo:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

:crazy:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

So explain how this is related tot he topic at hand. There were no weapons found among the victims, and no attacks from the location. It was an unprovoked attack which killed mainly children.

If any occupying army uses the term 'human shield' it should immediately be called into question and not accepted unless proof is provided. This is one of the negative effects of when the media is controlled by the government or highly influenced by it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

In response to this. Why are we there exactly? Why are we in a situation where as Westerners we need to bomb anyone in that region at all? I mean we should perhaps take a look at our position there and ask ourselves is this in our best interest. What do Americans and the NATO alliance have to gain from this.

8. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

That is exactly right. What is US & Co. STILL doing in Afghanistan? They have NOT eradicated Al Qaeda, they have NOT suppressed the Taliban, (not that it was their business to do so) they have NOT found Bin Laden (dead or alive) they have NOT established a stable government (of the people), they have NOT improved the lot of the citizens, they have not revitalized the economy, etc. From what I can see, they have done NOTHING but cause death and destruction. Please CORRECT me if I am wrong.

Also, I am still eagerly awaiting the public disclosure of some sort of US "gameplan" or "strategy" for Afghanistan. Otherwise the US invasion of Afghanistan, (and now Pakistan) has no value whatsoever, and is nothing more than modern Imperialism.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Try reading the newspapers. The 9.11 plot originated there, assisted by the Islamic fundamentalist Taliban, an organization that is dangerous to the US and many other western nations.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Which newspaper has given that information? Where?

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The New York Times, among others. It's hardly controversial, expect among you jihadi apologists.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Link? The NYT has been strangely noncommital on the present debacle of Israel, so I'll withold any assumptions on its unbiased nature.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Sources: Taliban split with al Qaeda, seek peace

According to the source, fugitive Taliban leader Mullah Mohammed Omar -- high on the U.S. military's most-wanted list -- was not present, but his representatives were keen to stress the reclusive cleric is no longer allied to al Qaeda.​

Which is admitting that the Taliban and Al Quida were allies.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Still waiting for the newspaper articles telling us when the Taliban was planning 9/11 with al Qaeda

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There was no need for the Taliban to assist with planning, I never implied that.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I must have interpreted this wrong then:

Whats the evidence that the 9/11 plot originated there? [where is there?]

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That's where Al Quida training camps were, that's where Osama Bin Laden was.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

evidence of training camps plotting 9/11 in Afghanistan?

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It doesn't matter where the plotting happened. The Taliban assisted Al Quida by allowing them to train there, they had ideological and operational ties. They are both fundamentalist Islamic organizations that use terrorism. What's the mystery?

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Considering how much the FBI overlooked before 9/11 [they still have no evidence linking Osama to 9/11], one could say the Americans assisted 'al Qaeda' by allowing them to train in the US. Maybe they should invade themselves.

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No, one could not say that. There might be no evidence linking Osama personally, but as head of the organization, one could hold him responsible.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

There is more evidence of FBI negligence than there is of Osama's involvement. If one is interested in stuff like due process. The training was all done in the US unless Afghanistan has pilot training academys and towers to practise on that I don't know about.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Nice try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.