US $50,000.00 To a Relativist Proving this Challenge Invalid!

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by MacM, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

Has this been observed? And if so how is this possible?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

This is one of MacM's strawmen.

The pendulum clock is effectively powered by gravity, and doesn't keep the same tempo in different gravity even when observing it from the same frame of reference. The atomic clock does not have these issues.

Niether disagree with what relativity says and they both behave as physics predicts.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

Thank you for the insight

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MacM Registered Senior Member

Persol calls it a strawman. I call it obvious. If clocks measure time then something is wrong here. Since we know that the pendulum clock has the opposite reaction to an atomic clock under GR considerations, one must now ask what clocks, if any, are actually measuring time and are we looking at time change or merely measurement change.

My post is not an arguement that stands as any proof, but it begs the question that they choose to ignore. There is nothing that says the frequency of an atomic cock is any more related to passage of time than a timex with a weak battery. They are all processes and processes are affected by external enfluences.

Clocks do not even prove time exists in the form claimed much less that time is being dilated. You have only proven that some clocks will slow down and others will speed up according to Relativity.

This can very well just be frequency markers on an unchanging universal time.

8. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Which SRT on closer inspection actually declares is a universal change rate of v=c.

9. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

The 24 hour clock is a measurement of the rotation of the Earth. One complete rotation per 24 Hours. Is the time of Rotation the same at all altitude's?

Would this not be a test for time dilation?

10. MacM Registered Senior Member

Time of rotation is the same but velocity is different, as is distance traveled.

However the rotational velocity of earth at the equator would be 0.000001544c. That equates to a change from 1.00 down to 0.99999999999761542 as a relavistic change between the pole and the equator.

Or a time change of one second in 13,323 years, 5 months, 9 days, 2 hours 58 minutes and 48 seconds. (using 365 days per year and no leap year or seconds counted). Or about 45 times more accuracy than current atomic clocks.

Also trying to measure time due to rotational velocity would also require precise gravity measurement and calculations for GR affects since the earth is not a sphere but an oblate spheroid with varying density of mantles.

11. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

Interesting, I would say that time is effected by what we know as Gravity or Static Cling. I use this term because it seems to me that if space is energy and the Earth is traveling through an energy field would it not create a static energy on the surface of the planet?

Could this explain the attraction of all matter and the generation of an electromagnetic field?

12. lil miss demosthenes heisenberg may have slept here Registered Senior Member

If he used less obnoxious colors and disjointed font sizes, had a proper domain branching from his own site instead of AOL’s, and sounded less like an immature overrated seven-year-old, maybe those looking at the site at first glance would be more easily swindled.

Not to be extremely critical or bitchy, but the presentation just doesn’t strike a chord.

I know that is completely unrelated, but I just came here, and this thread looked like it was active again, so I’m sorry if this was a late post [beside the fact that it is completely random and off a tangent].

edit> I just realized it could be a total satire. I know, I'm slow.

13. QuarkHead Remedial Math Student Valued Senior Member

Saddest thing is, lil miss, it ain't a satire. These chaps really beleive this stuff

14. MacM Registered Senior Member

You bet. Care to actually try to answer the issue raised?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. lil miss demosthenes heisenberg may have slept here Registered Senior Member

Sure =)

16. QuarkHead Remedial Math Student Valued Senior Member

Try it,lil miss. Better "men" than you have failed!

By the way - your by-line is really clever. Like it a lot.

17. lil miss demosthenes heisenberg may have slept here Registered Senior Member

#include < inabilitytocontainlaughter.h > /* this header file includes killQuarkhead() and befriendQuarkhead() functions */

main() {

void propername(); // prototype

printf("Call me demie."); // everyone needs to know this

if(quarkhead == idiot) { // I hope he really knows what the fuck he talks about

printf("Also, that was a very silly attempt at sarcasm when I was in a laconic mood."); // meaning my “Sure =)” at MacM
    propername(); // a consequence for your actions

}
    return wtf?;
    }

void propername()
    {
    char x;
    cout << “what is her name?”; // her being me, in case you really are an imbecile
    cin >> x;

if(x == ‘lilmiss’) // ugh how aristocratic
    {
    killQuarkhead();
    return deadbody; // yes, and return all of your fortunes too after you’re dead
    }

if(x == ‘demie’)
    {
    befriendQuarkhead(); /* if you’d actually want to be friends with a blabbering girl who has virtually no clue what she’s doing, including this piece of erroneous code */
    return hilbert space; // would you prefer a Banach space?
    }
    return 0;
    }

Your results:
    Line 1: Forbids the use of undeclared connotation ‘men’
    Line 2: Warning! Referring to the global variable ‘demie’!
    Line 2: Forbids comparison between this variable and the locally declared variable ‘clever’ in any conditional statement.
    General error; abort: There are simply too many errors for this compiler to list out. Actually, there are only three, but most compilers equate three with infinity and there's no fucking thing you can do about it. There is something seriously wrong with your program. Please consider shooting yourself in the head. Thank you. PS: Are you a Windows coder? Thought so. You deserve something worse than shooting.

Bite me.

It's a good thing I've stopped programming. Just look at my syntax.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  18. QuarkHead Remedial Math Student Valued Senior Member

Well now _ re our earlier exchange -I've found this. Maybe you have thought a bit about it (or not)

This is a massively offensive piece of nonsense. You are entitled to be angry with your own life. But why throw it into others

If you are disappointed with what you find here, change it. e.g. start a new intelligent thread, or join in on something other than a personal level

(you started your membership by regretting the level of discussion. Raise it or go elsewhere)

19. lil miss demosthenes heisenberg may have slept here Registered Senior Member

I don't think it's offensive at all. It's a matter of how you look at it, QuarkHead. If it has offended you, cry about it. None of the killQuarkhead()/befriendQuarkhead() functions were meant to be taken seriously. Of course, if you really did take it seriously, I would deem you quite daft.

Of course I would love to change it around here. But who would listen to me? I'm mathematically incompetent, I'm 13 - younger than most people here - which would lead to contempt, and most of all, I have very limited time. Even if I wanted to reply to someone in depth, I would most certainly be pulled away and leave it very half-done [backfiring certain things]. This is due to coursework and my attempts to preserve my teetering health.

All in all, why should I be the only one to have any obligation to alter the way things have always worked around here? Members founded this place, they run it, they post in it. Everyone needs to work to bring any type of progress. If no one cooperates with me, my efforts would only be futile.

QuarkHead, I urge you to lay off whatever stressing work you have. Because it is starting to affect your humor-sensing portion of the brain.

Good luck to everything, mate.