US $50,000.00 To a Relativist Proving this Challenge Invalid!

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by MacM, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Roman Banned Banned

Check this out (from the site):
    You cannot go from 2x=x to 2=1 since dividing by x is dividing by zero (as 2x-x=0, x=0) and results in zero over zero.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. idiot Registered Member

acho que tem a ver com a deformacao do espaco

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Prosoothus Registered Senior Member

Quantum Quack,

In my opinion, time is always constant and is never relative. Let's not forget that clocks do not measure time, they only measure the speed of specific physical reactions. If there are specific physical reactions that are inert, or completed isolated, from other internal or external interactions, then a clock measuring those reactions can also be said to be measuring time. However, how can anyone say that a specific physical reaction is not being influenced by internal or external forces? For example, can anyone really say that none of the physical or electrical components of an atomic clock which is travelling through a gravitational field are not influenced by that field?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Yuriy Registered Senior Member

idiot,

hvelapery sheidzleba!

8. MacM Registered Senior Member

MacM hasn't commented on his work.

See you are indeed wrong again.

Now go collect your $50K.

9. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

MacM I found someone who said he was wrong. Of course he was on a different forum. Here is a link to A thread I posted on another forum read what they said.

I go by the name Abstruse there.

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=57763

They moved the thread to Debunking but I originally posted it in the general physics part of the forum and then they locked it. So it sure looks like some scientists are very quick to reject new ideas and they are quick to label people as heretics.

10. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

We have proven that Gravity as we know it will influence an Atomic clock. When we take two Identical Atomic Clocks together at sea level and take one of the clocks to a high altitude say orbit and then bring it back to the clock at sea level they reflect different times.

11. MacM Registered Senior Member

Right and when you take an atomic clock and a theoretically accurate pendulum grandfather clock and synchronize and calibrate them at sea level and then move them to Denver, Colorado, the atomic clock increases tick rate and the GF clock slows down. Both clocks are subject to external influences and neither can be shown to be measuring time but only marking time at some frequency.

Changing the frequency of such measurements does not change time itself but only our measurement of it.

12. MacM Registered Senior Member

HeHe. You might go back there with my "Relative Velocity" requires concurrent tick rates of clocks and the debacle that that causes with time dilation, on that forum. It got me banned.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

[post=738437]Post[/post]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004
  13. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

About the clock, could the effect be explained by the fact that the curviture of space is less at a higher altitued due to space being less and less distorted the further you get away from the Earth?

14. MacM Registered Senior Member

I think you missed the point. The two clocks react oppositely to the change in gravity (GR). So which clock if any should you use to claim Relavistic affects of time and not just meaurement changes of time?

So which clock tells you your aging?

15. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

Both depending on your location.

Time is only reletive to the observer.

I
    I would guess it would be the clock that was taken to a high altitude and returned to sea level.

The clock at sea level is the frame refference. What is measured is the effect of gravity on the clock.

16. MacM Registered Senior Member

Which clock do you propose supports the theory of Relativity. One speeds up the other slows down?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004
  17. Paul T Registered Senior Member

Hahaha, MacM...what's a silly idea again. Didn't we discuss about this before? You haven't gotten any idea about it, have you? I guess not. Poor MacM. Think again. I am not even interested to give any further comment on this post.

18. MacM Registered Senior Member

We actually notice that your comments have no scientific merit and fail to address this most obvious quirk in the assumptions being made regarding SRT and GR.

19. Prosoothus Registered Senior Member

Starman,

I'm just implying that an atomic clock that is moving through a gravitational field may be influenced by that field as well.

20. 2inquisitive The Devil is in the details Registered Senior Member

Mac, do you believe terms 'gravitational field' and 'gravitational force' or attraction
    mean the same thing? I don't. To me, a gravitational field is like a magnetic field, it
    exists whether it is acting on an object that inters that field or not, say like the
    magnetic field between two powerful magnetics that are separated by one meter.
    A steel ball placed halfway between the two magnetics (or gravitationally equal planets) would feel little force from either, but it would still be within each's field.
    A grandfather clock would feel no gravitational force if placed in a 'neutral' area
    between planets, but the fields would still exist and affect the tick rate of the atomic
    clocks. The 'intensity' of the field would be relative to the strength of the sources (planets
    or magnets) but would have nothing to do with the measured force of gravity on an
    object in that location. I therefore believe clock rates are determined by the intensity
    of the gravitational field they are in and acceleration, say by a rocket engine, has not
    been proven to have the same affect on clock rates. Mechanically, g-forces due to
    gravity and acceleration from a rocket engine may be equivalent, but I question whether the effects on time are the same. JMHO.

21. MacM Registered Senior Member

Nor would I. I'm sure we see the field differently but the force only exists on an object placed in the field.

True to some extent but you have to recall that the tidal forces between such fields could be enormous and actually pull mass apart while only a theoretical Lagrange point would be neutral.

Again I think you should recall that the tidal forces could be great while the net force toward either massive object was balanced for the mass at a Lagrange point. i.e - an atom caught between binary black holes, etc.

As to the affects on clocks I would agree. Now one must decide what it is that is changing. If Relativity doesn't predict that all clocks change equally then we are not talking about clocks actually measuring time but are merely marking time intervals with a frequency and it is this measurement process that is changing and not time perse'.

I would be inclined to agree that it is actaully still an unknown. I would repeat that the changing tick rate of an atomic clock still doesn't prove that time has changed but that only our mearurement has changed.

22. Starman Starman Registered Senior Member

The clock that is taken to a high altitude speeds up. The clock at sea level remains constant as a frame reference.

If both clocks are affected by the experiment then that would have to do with dimensional space effected by an homogenous field.

The clock that supports SR is the one taken to a high altitude?

23. MacM Registered Senior Member

Starman:

You still missed the issue. BOTH clocks are moved to the higher elevation. One slows down the other speeds up.

Indeed.