US: 30 shot at school, China: 22 knifed at school

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Syzygys, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Isn't the whole point of every idiot keeping an AK47 under there bed so that they can use them to settle whatever they think is "oppressing" them?

Personally i cant think of anything worse than living in a country which believes the solution to bad government is violence rather than sacking them at the election

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well the whole point of owning a gun for some people (e.g. Tea Party Republicans) is to be able to fight that the next great civil war. But for many others that is not the point in owning a gun. Some people really do use them for hunting. What you probably don’t know is that larger bore weapons using the same design are frequently sold for hunting (e.g. Bushmaster .450). Others use these weapons for sport shooting (i.e. target shooting) and still others like collecting weapons just as people like to collect all sorts of things like coins, stamps, dolls, swords, archery equipment, knives, china, books, etc. In my family we have a Thompson submachine gun that has been rarely fired and kept in its original box. It's 80 years old and no one ever intends to use it in a civil war. It is a collector piece.

How do you know most Americans think the solution to a bad government is violence? You don’t. Just because there is a faction that does support violence as a solution to a perceived bad government, it doesn’t follow that all Americans or even a majority of Americans feel that way. You are broad-brushing. That would be like me saying that all Australians are racists because a few Australians are racists. And we certainly know that most Australians are not racists.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.