Updates

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by darksidZz, May 29, 2008.

1. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

pix of ur sis plz kthxbye

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I feel really sorry for your sister having to put up with you.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Apparently you have no idea what an audition is. An audition is a short performance for the purpose of demonstrating your acting ability and style, from which the director will judge whether you're best suited for the role (or one of a number of available roles). Once you've had the audition, the next step is to be told whether or not you were selected. If she "got it," that means she "got" a role in a theatrical production.
    No, that's a perfectly reasonable way to describe her experience. She could have said she "went for" an audition or "had" an audition; as a non-career entertainer I understand that we haven't really settled on the best verb for that sentence. She could also have been more wordy and said "I got the part" or "the gig" or something like that, instead of "I got it," but she quite reasonably expected you to follow this extremely short train of logic and understand what "it" means in the context.
    Dude, you seem to know nothing about what other people do in this world. Particularly in the entertainment industry, which is one of the leading economic sectors in this country and gets plenty of coverage in the news and... well also in entertainment. There are lots of plays, movies, TV shows, etc., about the life of an entertainer and what they go through to get there. You don't pay money to "join" a theater company; it's not like "joining" the Masons. It's a job and they pay you just like any other job. Unless it's an amateur company putting on a play for the community theater or something like that, in which case they're all unpaid volunteers. That's a typical step hopeful actors go through on their way to the professional scene, just like musicians play school dances and parties before they get booked at clubs and get record contracts.

I don't know whether she's joining a professional company or an amateur company. It would have been a kind thing for you as a family member to show some interest in your sister's pursut of her dream and ask some intelligent questions like that. This is a really big deal, a milestone in her life like graduation or marriage. But then you wouldn't know about things like that, would you? From your description of your own life, it's been a sequence of inch-pebbles. Or maybe millimeter-sand grains. You have no dream to follow. You're just coasting through life with your eyes (and your mind) closed.
    What's going on in her head is that she has a goal in her life and she's pursuing it. She has the talent to do what she wants, the discipline to practice and get good at it, and the courage to take the risk of trying it. Apparently she's nothing at all like you, who, by your own account, have no talent beyond working in a dead-end job, no discipline to take whatever talent you might have in spite of your bad self and improve it with a university education, and a complete lack of courage to take the slightest risk of stepping out of a life that seems to drive you crazy, yet you've become comfortable with it.
    He doesn't like much of anything. He's like a younger (and far less articulate, educated and accomplished) version of Baron Max. At least Max's posts are entertaining, and he's had some life experiences that comprise a context from which to draw his commentary. Darky writes like he just arrived here from another planet and doesn't know how anything works, but he's positive it was better back in the old place.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. gluon Banned Banned

If you call one a historical nut case, when does it realize to you, that those around you are really no more able to take life the way it hurdles it to your begging?

When does the begging stop, only when, you realize, that life itself it a nut case wrapped in a fig leaf, where you have found your opinion clouding ones ability to act normally to you?

''Give a chance'', is what one should say, and if you don't, the world will yeild the same fruits as those who had peeled the insanity of your closest, to your own demise. If you wield no chance, then those chances will seem alien to you. Forgiveness and passion is required by even the least. Even by family.

8. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

My learning of women

I'm learning more about ladies, they are still confusing but I find most of them are not sure of what they want either, alot settle for someone they only THINK they like but truly they fear waiting or are antsy. Many women where I work are married, it's rather unusual to me that ppl would settle down into such a lifestyle so soon in life. They also enjoy having kids alot =P

bye

Will keep you updated if I learn new things

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I would say that they know they like someone if they are going to settle down with them. I really never met anyone that didn't care for their partner.

10. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Well what I mean is you know there's someone better for them out there but they chose to give up looking in favor of an easy way out, I see it all around.

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

An owl in the hand is worth two in the tree!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. CheskiChips Banned Banned

You'll never understand it, just give up.

13. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Drunken dark, well not quite

Went to going away party, was asked to drink cuz they felt I was akward not, drank 2 beers one with a lemon in it?! Anyway yea, saw females but not real anything happen. Good times =P still oh well........

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Maybe you should throw a party?

15. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Don't encourage him...

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

The trick is to get the females drunk, not yourself

17. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

ha abosultely

listen to enmos you must darkie!!

18. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

The thing to do is stop fluttering over to them , let them come top roost near you.

19. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

but cosmics............. how do you get them to come over to you if you were a guy like darkie!!???

one thing you coudl try darki as buying or renting like a big afro wig (jackson 5 styleeee) then u will have birds coming over to you all night.... Birds love afros on white dudes!!

20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'd find a couch to sit on, that way there's room enough for the birds to roost!

21. draqon Banned Banned

yeah darkie, your actually doing something good in your life for once! Make sure you got condoms hidden underneath somewhere to be used with.

22. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

but how does the darkie entice the bird to roost beside him???!!!??

i dunno some gezza may sit down next to him and then it is all game over for the darkster!!

23. draqon Banned Banned

not if she sits on him, than its game on!