Update: Christian woman sentenced to death for blasphemy

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Michael, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

I think I saw a youtube video about Aussie's talking about 'Aussie Values' and about Muslims and they said 'My way or the highway'..... anyone who doesn't want to follow the laws of the nation should just leave, or work within the society to change them. Of course nothing is 'inherently wrong', right atheists?

note: I don't think this law is actually valid personally

Peace be unto you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

"Islam OTOH centers around what? IMO it's a Mohammadian cult of personality where ONLY the Qur'an is Perfect (and by extension Arabic). Doesn't really matter what's in the book and most Muslims will be hard pressed to find anything at all novel in it's religious doctrine - just recite the bullshit and do what THE IMAN TELLS you to do. IOW it's about behavor more than anything."

like it was said..

they are just using god as an excuse to support their bigotry..

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I disagree, their religion created the bigotry in the first place.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

its not necessarily a disagreement if the religion was created to support the bigotry..

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So they created a religion in order to justify their hatred of people of other religions?

9. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

i said if..

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

You are perhaps forgetting that the victim in question was arrested not for speaking out against Islamist laws, but for simply defending herself against discriminatory slurs. I have little doubt you would support anything up to and including armed defense had the roles of the players in this drama been reversed.

You also forget that on such an issue, egalitarian Australian laws - for example - are simply far morally superior to those on the block of public opinion in Pakistan at the moment.

11. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Armed defense? Lol. Nah, I would rather have the Muslim shut the hell and keep quiet rather than respond. He would be a idiot to say anything- I wouldn't have armed defense for idiots

Morally Superior? Hahahaha-

Peace be unto you

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Then this is a point to your credit, after a fashion.

Then this is a point to your discredit.

13. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Just because you like the answer

Just because you don't like the answer

Peace be unto you

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

You find something wrong with my agreeing with your own answer? You do have a curious threshold for personal criticism.

Actually, no.

The answer itself is whatever it is. It's the issue itself that fails. Islamic law is classically, stupidly, blindly wrong on many social accounts: such as the one relating to the OP. If you support it in that area despite it's obvious malignancy, then you would also be classically, blindly wrong.

15. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

And what is the 'standard' for determining the 'right'? Since you're using such qualifications I'm sure you're willing to present us with such info on what is 'right' and why it is right. And do keep in mind if you run into any subjectivity, for example your opinion, then I can tell you you're wrong and are blindly stupid

Peace be unto you

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Once again, 200 years ago a lot of ignorant white Bigots supported LEGAL Slavery and Arabs weren't considered ANYWHERE NEAR equal to whites (more or less they were looked down as less than human - but higher than a monkey).

Interestingly, unlike Muslims, Christians took the moral highroad and worked to ban Slavery and see that Arab Americans were given equal rights with White Americans. I wonder why Muslims never took the moral highroad? Has anyone here actually READ the Qur'an? It doesn't take long to realize it was written by a small group of propagandists who made the supposition their audience was a bunch of illiterate retards (it's packed front to back with racism memes and the most base philosophy only an moron would find insightful). Which is why Pakistan will remain an intolerant shit-hole along with most of the Middle East for the foreseeable future. Which is fine by me. Lets cut off all aid and let the Indians and Mandarins deal with them as they see fit.

17. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

The standard is simple humanitarianism. You may have heard of the 'Golden Rule': do not unto others what is hateful to you, and so forth.

Examples:

Islamic law on apostates violates this natural law, and so is immoral.
    Islamic law (as typically applied) on women and religious minorities violates this natural law, and so is immoral.
    Islamic law on homosexuals violates this natural law, and so is immoral.

There are other examples from other religious legal systems, of course: but your question referred to Islamic law. This is hardly a matter of personal opinion, but well-established humanitarianism and egality. :shrug:

18. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

i will assume you are being sarcastic..
    do unto others as you would have them do onto you..

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That's the same thing.

20. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Humanitarianism- who developed this bullshit? They are clearly blindly stupid.

Peace be unto you

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, 7, I suppose this means you're behind islamic law as it applies to persecuting other people. You're attempting to pass off inequality as a semantic difference of opinion.

At this point, it would be appropriate to say "fuck you". You may take your offer of peace, and shove it up your ass.

Peace be unto you.

Nmsquirrel: "Do not do unto others what is hateful to you." It's the Jewish expression of the Golden Rule, unless I'm much mistaken. I like it for the variety from the traditional "Do unto others as they would do unto you."

22. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Yes it is. It is an opinion that idiots are equal to smart people. And its an opinion that humanitarianism is better for humans. Equality is better is also an opinion. Gays should have rights is also an opinion. And I'm wrong in this is also an opinion

You can take your humanitarianism and shove it up yours.

Peace be unto you.

23. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

That most of Pakistan is an intolerant shit hole brimming with ignorant illiterate used douche bags is not an opinion, but an observable fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.