Update: Christian woman sentenced to death for blasphemy

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Michael, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

You know, I don't recall Greek myths being written ...this.....stupid. I just don't think most people back then would think much of this story.

With a pantheon of Gods and Goddesses doing all these cool Heroic deeds, well I just can't see how claiming your God smiting a bunch of children because an old man couldn't take a joke about his chrome dome.... Hmmmmm not going to bring in the customers.

That aside, this is another example in a long LONG line of examples of Islamic bigotry. We didn't and don't put up with it when it is skin color and I don't see any reason at all to make any allowances for this abhorrent behavior just because a LOT of people happen to be bigots and it's their "religion". We should isolate each of the verses in the Qur'an that led to this behavior and rewrite them so they're less ignorant, mean-spirited and bigoted.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jmpet Valued Senior Member

This is why religion and politics don't mix. Of course the woman is free to apologize and convert to the Muslim faith and live, then get the hell outta Dodge City.

One of Islam's biggest problems is that there is no central Muslim authority, just Imams who rule small terrirories and their followers who can't help but follow their local Imam.

Tolerance is the answer. But find me a tolerant Imam in the Shaira-controlled Middle East.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

And that's the most you have to say about this issue?

Let's ask: what's your opinion on it?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Zardari stays execution of blasphemy accused Pak-Christian woman

Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has stayed the execution of a Christian mother sentenced to death on charges of blasphemy. On Friday, Zardari directed the federal minister for minorities, Shahbaz Bhatti, to submit a report in this regard within three days, The News reported.

Well, we'll have to wait and see what happens this week. Will the bigots win out? Is it maybe possible for Pakistani people to do the right thing and take a very small step in the right direction and set this innocent mother free? Let's hope so.

8. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

Great news!

9. ULTRA Realistically Surreal Registered Senior Member

But if she hadn't commited blasphemy in the first place..I mean why denegrate the prophet of all things? She isn't innocent, not in thier eyes - and they're the law. Convert now, repent later and not get hanged.

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Maybe - but once you convert, you're not allowed to go back. She'd be back up for a hanging if she didn't show her face - or not show her face, so to speak - at mosque.

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

It seems she snapped. Years of being treated as the Dhimmi she is and finally she couldn't take the hypocrisy anymore.

The Dhimmi version of black rage... Dhimmi Rage.

Do you know how many Muslims that think dhimmitude is somehow Good and Godly? Like the old White Slave owners of old who tended to excuse their bigotry by pretending they were caring for these poor hapless Africans.

Anyway, seems like a clear case of classic Dhimmi Rage IYAM.

12. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

In a world full of violence and BS we focus on Islamic 14th century style violence.

That also is a symptom of violent BS. Got to call you on that even though the fact that 14th century style religious intolerance still exists in Pakistan is a disgusting and pathetic situation. Check your motives, are they clean or are they just a milder form of the motives that motivate ignorant village Pakistanis to engage in 14th century style religious intolerance.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If you want the Islamic nasty people to stop behaving badly then the West should get the hell out of the Islamic world so that the Islamic sense of being under attack does not give aid to the Islamic extremists effort to push Islamic lands into more extreme forms of Islam.

The West's earlier efforts to undermine secular liberal democratic movements in the Islamic world to make the world safe for global kleptocracy and global kleptocracy's regional and local thieving oligarch allies and thieving military allies and religious extremist allies probably played a role in creating the current situation. All over the world the defeat of liberal idealism in the 1970s led to a rise in religious extremism as religious extremism offered an alternate expression of a form of idealism (regardless how nutty us educated liberals think religious extremism is).

Bollywood watching Pakistani's will eventually triumph over religiously fanatical Pakistanis for the same reasons that religious fanaticism was defeated in other nations; but as long as nationalism aligns with religious fanaticism, religious fanaticism will be hard to defeat. Remove the nationalist alignment with religious fanaticism by removing the non-Islamic threat to national self determination.

The partition of India and the violence around that and the adult children of refugees from India plays a role.

The fact that the Pakistani politicians and military use religion and the hostility with India to get the public to overlook their corruption plays a role.

Getting this woman released won't solve the underlying problem and may make things worse if it is seen as caving in to outside pressure. She might be more useful as a martyr. (not that anyone should have to be a martyr). Shia Muslims probably get killed in religious intolerance in Pakistan more than Christian, Hindus, Sikhs and others put together do. I don't think the Pope or Westerners in general care as much when Pakistani Sunis abuse Pakistani Shia.

Nobody gave a shit when 5+ million people in Congo were killed. Rwanda was probably only covered because the US and UK backed the invading Army that came to the rescue of the Tutsis from the Hutus who were backed by France but the USA probably stopped the UN intervention that could have saved lives because it might have interfered with the Tutsi/Ugandan invasion. Oh but wait the only storyline that matters now is "Muslims bad".

So our good rational atheist Sciforums posters, the cream of the blogoshere non the less follow the script like good sheep herded by dogs. Lovely.

Imagine the stink if they were Christian.

The Pakistani Blasphemy Law originated from the 1860 British Penal Code, which contained a few clauses that protected the interests of diverse religious groups in undivided India. From 1984 to 2004, 5,000 cases of blasphemy were registered in Pakistan and 964 people were charged and accused of blasphemy; 479 Muslims, 340 Ahmadis, 119 Christians, 14 Hindus and 10 others. Thirty-two people charged with blasphemy had been killed extra-judicially. Eighty-six percent of all the cases were reported in Punjab.

My great great x x x... x x x great grandfather Edward Wightman http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Wightman was burned to death at the stake for the crime of Blasphemy. Another Great xxx grandfather of mine Samuel Gorton almost could killed for Blasphemy by some of my other great xxxxGrand fathers. One of my Great xxxx Grandmothers Rebecca Chamberlain died in Jail awaiting trial as an accused witch. And Hitler killed the Jews and the USA probably is still fighting wars for immoral or stupid reasons yet we want to demonize ignorant Pakistanis.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  13. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

Holy k*ap dude. I hope all 3106 of your posts are not like that one! :shrug:

Now you may or may not be right about all of that, but it doesn't change the fact that this specific item/action is wrong in the eyes of the world.

If you want to play isolation and gradual change then fine, but that's not really how the world works these days.

14. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

i had a loooong comprehensive reply, the computer crashed:geek:
    to summarize:
    -muslims are allowed to drink fromwhat christians touch. they are allowed to eat their food and even marry their women, for crying out loud. it is recorded that the prophet did so.

-the pakistanis in question are uneducated villagers, so:shrug:

-even if islam says not to drink from what non muslims touch, there are nicer ways to go about it.

-infidels uncleanness in islam is moral, rather than biological or material, biological uncleanness in islam is attributed to dogs for example, as opposed to cats, which are considered clean.\

-all in all, the whole thing is a very unfortunate turn of events, the muslims wronged and humiliated the christian, the problem is, she succeeded in returning it tenfold.

if we separate the death sentence to those who blaspheme the prophet from the specific circumstances of this case, i'm all for it. it is logical and in accordance with the law.

however, since the blasphemy was but a reaction to the muslims' mistake, i don't know whether or not it is right to carry out the sentence.

um, i'm sure i had more things to say but this's what i remember now.

15. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

i'm saying that if we filter out your emotional drama shit, what is happening to that paki women is the same as what happened to sam.

pakistan is a society with a set of rules where the christian lives, sciforums is a society with a set of rules where sam "lives".
    the christian bad mouthed the pakistani's society's "prophet", sam libeled sciforums' society's "prophet".
    the christian by country rules got the death sentence. sam, by improvised sciforums rules was going to get a permanent "death sentence", but because she apologized for something she believes she didn't do AND the majority of the other mods voting otherwise, she "went to jail".

in islamic law if you call a woman a bitch, you either provide 4 witnesses who saw a guy's dick in her pussy, or you get whipped 80... unlike secular societies michael, we give a damn about immaterialistic values.

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Observe, please

And Christians and Jews are allowed to marry Muslim women?

I mean, I've been with quite a few, but not married them. Would I have been allowed to do so? Are you seeing the problem yet?

And non-Muslims are seen as unclean: yes, we understand what you mean.

Excuse me: how, exactly? Insulting Mohammed - assuming she did so anyway; frankly, the accusation is irrelevant from the start - is worth more than being told one is unclean and immoral?

Yes: this is part of the problem.

Not to worry. You've said more than enough.

For the rest of the forum: observe, please. Thank you.

17. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

according to islamic law, nope.

no i'm not.
    i'm not even seeing the relevance of any possible problem even.
    the whole marriage thing was brought up to illustrate that the villagers were wrong, and that the uncleanness of non muslims isn't what they thought it to be.
    now, you were saying?

i bet my ass you don't, not in the slightest.
    WHY do muslims see non muslims as unclean? eh? come on, walk the walk.

which part of "the villagers were wrong" did you fail to understand?
    can't you comprehend what i write?

that it's in accordance with the law?

for you to mutilate and misrepresent? well of course the less the better, no wonder.

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

scifes,

Do you see ANY potential problems with teaching people that non-Muslims are "unclean"? Let me ask this another way: Do you see ANY potential problems with teaching White people that non-White people are "unclean"?

Most non-Muslim people in the world think of Islam not as an enlightened but as intolerant, bigoted and racist. As people learn more and more about Islam, more and more people are taking this attitude. Not just in the West. In India, South Asia, China, Japan, South America, Europe, Russia, Africa - everywhere. People everywhere are coming to the conclusion that Islam is a bigoted backwards racist intolerant religion. I wonder where that will lead?

19. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

20. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

21. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Good point. We have plenty of fundamentalist preachers over here who would probably love the opportunity to save her soul. She probably needed a good re-birthing again before this whole incident anyhow. . . I'll bet there are now a hundred and one fundi churches who would sponsor this family's immediate flight out of this land on grounds of religious persecution. . . and they would probably go straight to the head of the immigration line. . .

Maybe Lori_7 or scifes are connected with some organizations that would love the sort of publicity, and hence $$$ that would come from saving the lives and souls of these poor Christians? :shrug:

22. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

I think really the moral of the story is, Christian, Buddhist, and Hindu Minorities in that part of the world are safe for now, while western media pays attention to the "war on terror." When American news media and the world turns it's attention else where? Atrocities and violence will resume as before.

23. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Then Islamic law is constructed of cleverly sculpted shit.

Frankly, the system is designed to progressively eradicate other cultures. The proponents of such eradication are on a par with Nazis.

Well, that's because you're incredibly stupid or staggeringly bigoted or horribly dishonest.

See, preventing Christian and Jewish men from marrying Islamic women while allowing the converse is bigoted and culturocidal/genocidal. It's designed to continually erode the numbers of other people while expanding those of Muslims. It's just another example of hate. I thought you would have got this; or maybe you do.

I was implying that the "uncleanliness" of non-Muslims is a fucking joke, much like your belief system: it's absolute if it's Islam or Islamic women, but if a Muslim wants pussy, it's suddenly not so serious. Or, more simply put, Islam as normally practiced is much concerned with supremacism and hatred.

Then I own your ass, which is sad, because it would be the last thing about you that I would want to own, aside perhaps from your brain. At least your rear end could be used as a paperweight. The reasoning of islamic law on this is retarded; it is written by fools and bigots to be read by fools and bigots.

Like the part where you were so unsure if the punishment were justified or not? Any right-thinking person would see that it wasn't, you see, and that anyone uncertain about the judgement was a slimy, treacherous asshole.

Yes - again, this is a law that is made of shit.

Yes, I have staggeringly misrepresented your bigotry and small-minded religious fury. Damn me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.