upcoming planetary alignment

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by whc240z@aol.com, May 24, 1999.

1. draqon Banned Banned

macravel, this is a sign that you need to become an astronaut and travel to Jupiter's moon Europa. You need to get there or else bad things will happen. You need to!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mars Registered Member

Sit down, youngens, I'll tell ya a story...

I was 7 years old. I lived on the central coast of New South Wales, Australia. Yes, it was fancifully predicted by some minority dregs of the 60's that in early 1982 the planetary alignment of that year would cause incredble global catastrophes and natural disaters. Extreme hurricanes, tidal waves and earthquakes were among some of the chaotic events forecast. Anyone living on a coastline was encouraged to get as far in land as they could. By whom? There was various literature and minority groups spreading this doomsday warning.

How do I know? Because my Mother was very much influenced by the literature which was circulating concerning this, and around March 1982 she took the advice and fled from the coast. We ended up in the rural N.S.W. town of Mudgee. We remained there for a couple of weeks till my Mother was sure we had safely avoided any prophetical turmoil, after which we returned to our home on the coast.

Now, of course there was no cataclysmic destruction of epic proportions as was feared. But, as I remember, there was unusual seismic, tidal and meteorological activity reported and recorded all around the world. I recall on the way to Mudgee, peering out of the back of my Mum's boyfriend's Panel Van as it trekked down a desolate dusty country back road and seeing the most amazing cloud formation I had ever seen and have not seen since. For as far as the eye could see and postioned almost exactly the same distance apart from each other in the sky were hundreds of boot shaped clouds. I also recount (and alot of you may consider me a complete "nutbard") seeing a U.F.O. a couple of days later. I was standing next to my Mother who was conversing with residents of a Caravan Park (that's a trailer park, for all you Yankees out there) we were staying at when I looked out into the distance at a regular puffy cumulo nimbus cloud and, to my astonishment, witnessed a silver coloured object doing horizontal loops around this cloud. At the time I thought to myself, "Hey, that looks like the inside of one of those wine boxes I've seen adults drink, blown up." It did look like an inflated silver wine box bladder, or like a novelty balloon full of helium. That very well may have been what it was but I doubt it. There is no way the wind could have been moving this thing so controlled and steady like. Also, I could see this thing clearly from a considerable distance and it would have been much larger in actual size than a wine box bladder or balloon. It did about 4 orbits of the cloud before it never reappeared from behind the cloud. For all intents and purposes, what I saw would probably be best described as a flying silver disc or saucer but just a bit fatter.

I think I yanked on my Mum's arm trying to draw her attantion to the ufo but by the time she responded it had vanished and she was saying, "That's nice, Dear.", or something to that effect.

Anyway, I've rambled long enough and I credit someone being able to remember a strange mark on their arm when they were 2 years old. I don't doubt it though, and maybe I should have checked for the ancient symbol of Mars on my skin! Must have missed that one. Oh well. Next time.

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xylene Valued Senior Member

FYI, go to www.astroviewer.com and you'll be able to check up on possible planetary alignments.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. garbonzo Registered Senior Member

And what's the difference between this and the alignment on 12/21/2012 which only happens every 26,000 years or some redonculous number like that?

8. Walter L. Wagner Cosmic Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

This thread keeps rising from the dead.

Posts #1-3; 1999

Posts #4-18; 2005

Posts #19-23; 2009

Posts #24-25; 2012

9. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

God Help us all in 2009.

10. garbonzo Registered Senior Member

One of the oldest threads on SciForums. =D We could name it Jesus and worship it as a God, how does that sound?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. garbonzo Registered Senior Member

One of the oldest threads on SciForums. =D We could name it Jesus and worship it as a God, how does that sound?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

EDIT: Let me answer my own question: This thread is about planetary alignments. 12/21/12 is a Galactic alignment. Something much more note worthy, because the Maya predicted the exact date a long with a prediction that people or a person will come from the sky on the date. Even a book published in 1998 could only predict the Galactic Alignment to "2012-era" ! Not even an exact date in 1998, but the Maya predicted it thousands of years ago? WTF?

12. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

If you can provide the evidence from a reputable source that what you assert is true, I would be very interested in hearing it. Please give links.

13. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

garbonzo, there is no such thing as the so-called Galactic Alignment. It is a fiction. Captain Kremmen is saying much the same thing, but it too polite to be direct (or delightfully devious, leading you to expose your ignorance).