Underrated actors/actresses

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Exterminate!!!, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

Most underrated actors;

Ed Norton, Paul Giamatti, John Cusack, Vincent D'Onofrio, and Don Cheadle.

Most underrated actresses;

Sarah Polley, Toni Collette, Shui Ling, Gillian Anderson (X-Files ruined her potential), Famke Janssen.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

I thought Lars and the Real Girl was an awesome movie. I love Ryan Gosling, and he can sing too... Look for his songs on YouTube... he's got a bluesy, folksy feel but very heartfelt.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

What has she been good in? I know her from Firefly and Terminator, but "crazy" and "emotionless" are pretty easy to play. (In Firefly, moreover she was often crazy and emotionally detached, making it doubly easy.)

She might be a great actress, but I have not seen evidence of that.

I'd vote for Roger Rees (so under appreciated that his greatest well known role may be Robin Colcord from the final years of Cheers, though he is in fact a strong actor formerly of the Royal Shakespeare Company). More well known, I'd say Tim Roth, of Lie to me (who was for me the definitive Guildenstern).

Keeping with the British theme, Hugh Laurie is also very good. I buy him as House despite the fact that he's a British comedian faking an American accent and that, in every other role I have ever seen him, he plays a compelling idiot.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

Good picks.

Although Toni Collette. I'm still having "you're terrible Muriel" flashbacks.

8. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Ed Norton is good: I'm nearly tempted to watch the Hulk move simply because of him.

9. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

if you like comic book movies, do it. it was 8 million times better than the last bana movie. i've always thought the hulk n superman are lame cos they're just invincible, but norton's movie made me think the hulk is reasonably cool.

10. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

He was the best part of it. Even Tim Roth disappointed.

11. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

I managed to put up with Hasselhoff to watch the Nick Fury (long-time Fury fan from waaaay back) movie so I'll steel myself and give it a try.
    Thanks.