unconditional love

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lucifers angel, Sep 1, 2008.

?

is unconditional love real

1. yes

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. no

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  3. love is what you make it

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. love is a waste of time

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It's hypothetical. Please answer the question.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. orcot Valued Senior Member

It's a rather absurd case. Most such people will kill themself also in the act. It's perfectly possible to kill someone you love.
    However if she walkes on bye afther such a act and yust spats you in the face. You might wonder why you like the women because she doesn't like you at all

Let's say for instances what if you discovered your new wife brutally killed her former husband in his sleep afther he hit her one to many times.

Would/Could you still love her then?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It may be an absurd case but similar things do happen.
    "Love is unconditional" is an absolute statement, so it should hold up under ANY circumstances.

Besides, the fact that we have divorces that end ugly (ex-partners hating each other) pretty much proves that love is not unconditional.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. orcot Valued Senior Member

love isn't uncoditional but sometimes we can pretend that it is, until someone asks the quistion or things go wrong.

Like the fact that we are inmortal until we're xx years old unless when suddenly were quit mortal when you start loosing that stamina and things yust don't come as easy as they use to be.

8. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I went with NO

9. Myles Registered Senior Member

So did I

10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Children's love for their parents does seem to be unconditional in many cases, at least up to a certain age.

It certainly doesn't depend on cleaning, feeding, etc - kids take that for granted when they get it, love even the msot abusive parents when they don't.

One might almost label adulthood as the stage in life when love has become conditional - and those conditions the substance of character.

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

That's more like blind trust mixed with an inability to care for oneself.
    As a child your parents are, quite literally, your life. If they abandon you you're as good as dead.

12. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Sometimes unconditional love exists.

Like when you're 'in love' and so addled by your hormones, you would take a bullet for your boy/girlfriend even though they're more interested in taking drugs than in you.

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It's not unconditional, it's blind.

14. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

True it is blind, but it is still technically unconditional is it not? They can be an asshole, but you still love them.

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No, it's blind.. later on, when the "blind love" has faded, there is often irritation and the all too well known question "What did I ever see in him/her?".

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't know. Never made it as far as that stage. I'm shit at relationships.