Unbiased Poll for Proud_Muslim

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Maia, Mar 29, 2004.

?

Should Proud_Muslim be banned?

1. Yes.

35 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. No.

49 vote(s)
    58.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Well, technically, I do want him banned because he's a fanatic. If he wasn't a fanatic he probably wouldn't be so consitent in his failure to actually discuss. I could care les about the muslim part of the fanatic.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

WCF

What separates his rulebreaking from anyone else's is the fact that he is a Muslim. People apparently won't tolerate of Muslims around here what they will tolerate of Christians, Jews, and atheists.

That's what people calling for his banning seem to not understand, or not wish to acknowledge.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

not at all I quoted several violations that were purely logic fallacies and had nothing to do with him being Muslim. I do remember many non-muslims being banished before for the same or similar violations, remember spookz and Wraith? If some wants to banish him because he's a Muslim that’s there fault that does not me it wrong to banish him because of other violations.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Beside the point.

Spookz and Wraith are a different case; it wasn't just their behavior, but their overt reaction to advice from moderators and administration regarding their behavior.

The thing is that nobody called for bannings when Westerners took pleasure in the bombings of Arab lands. Nobody called for bannings when Westerners celebrated death and destruction in the Arab world.

And yet the same from our Muslim advocates over time has been denounced and subject to much complaint: What was good for the goose has not been good for the gander.

And the line held in defense of PM is that what is good for the goose is, indeed, good for the gander.

Like I said, keep an eye on the new rules; there wil be at least two versions of perception: what the posters see and what mod/administration sees in the new rules. These rules will make it easier to maintain the calm that people find so one-sidedly distasteful.

What it's like is that Joe slaps Bill, and Bill slaps Joe back. Then Joe complains that Bill slapped him, and that slapping people should be considered offensive. And the whole time what Joe never wants to consider or respond to is the idea that if slapping is inappropriate, why did he slap Bill?

In the meantime, then, you point to others who allegedly got booted for slapping, but hey, Don't slap at the administrator and moderators like that. What happened to Wraith and Spookz was different than what we're arguing about here.

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

So? Even though people here may be bias not banning PM is not going to fix that, please then start calling for ban of someone like Stokes Pennwalt... oh wait to late, personally I think your argument is null, its not the total truth and its not valid to this issue, the issue of fair banning is separate from "Should we ban PM": their not connected, just because others haven't been called up to be banished does not mean we can't try to ban PM.

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

What exactly are you going on about?

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Hey thats what I think about when ever I read your posts!

11. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

First, I must have been on vacation... because I don't remember anyone celebrating the death in the Arab world. Yet, I could still tolerate PM's posts if all he did was argue that the only good westerner is a dead westerner once in a while. However, that seems to be ALL he does... and worst yet he never actually seems to have much discussion behind it. He's posts read like just more spam... but he doesn't even seem to know what the hell it is he's selling.

12. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Well cooked: Type coherently. I can't understand a word of your post in reply to Tiassa's which explained things quite nicely. Your post is a jumble of words. What're you saying? Utter nonsense in addition to incompetance as regards presentation of an idea makes for a bad combination. Fair banning, and the discussion of banning PM are intimately related I would think.

Tiassa : Well put. Very lucidly explained.

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Well then you did understand what I said!

Unfortunately your view is incorrect, what your saying is just because PM is a Muslim he should be acquitted from his crimes?

Look around at some of the other ban polls I think things are very fair around here: we have all kinds of people being banned.

14. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Where did I say that? You're getting more incoherent by every post.

15. Zero Banned Banned

The people who keep poking and provoking Proud_Muslim share a significant portion of the blame for his inflammatory posts. With all these anti-Muslims flaming him, can anyone wonder at the fact that he feels inclined to flame back? Especially in this world of growing anti-Muslim sentiment.

-- Long live the Female Messiah!

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

airavata,

that what your saying, how else is is fair for PM to go free?

17. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Of all the muslims I know PM is most certainly in his own little section (where all the kids have to wear helmets). If you can show me another poster who has been acting like PM, then I'll agree that perhaps he isn't the worst... but I can't find ANYONE who is as bad (edit: outside of pseudoscience... that's what it's there for). Even the worst tend to actually converse.

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

airavata,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

are you going to responed to my question?

19. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Oh, you must belong to the master race. We are sorry, but it is our duty to inform you that you may not mix with us. It is hazardous to your intellect.

Please, for your own well being, do not visit this forum again.

20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I believe this topic is done. Please don't make me go start a poll.

21. otheadp Banned Banned

i see some irony in this thread

it resembles a trial of a terrorist in the US.
    instead of just banning the f*cker for his countless racist hateful deragatory posts, we have a topic that's 7 pages long, discussing about what we should do with him...

and in the end, the guy is not even banned!

kind of like how the US and German courts are treating the Qaeda terrorists. one is released, one gets extra rights because of technicalities, another switches lawyers every other day, all the while they have nice meals, warm beds and clothes, they're bathed regularly, etc.
    alaska won't have any ice by the time the Sciforums Legal System finishes with PM

but back to PM
    i'm used to him by now. if he'd be gone, i'd miss him. so i voted 'no'

22. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

if you don't like him, put him on your ignore list...

23. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

It is all amusing !! do you guys think you are the only forum in this world ? isnt easy for me to buy my own forum ? arent there hundreds of forums out there ???

Why you want to silence me ? why you argue with me if you dont like to hear what I write ? why you come to the religion section despite the fact most of you are indeed athiests ???

Where are the western concept of freedom of speech ?? or is it freedom of speech only when it suits you ??

What rules have I broken here ??

Banning me wont affect me, it will make me more determined, it will increase my resolve, it will give me this feeling of virtual martyrdom ,the feeling that me ALONE ( Nearly the only Arab and Muslim in this forum ) managed to shake your hypocrisy in its foundations.

Banning me is only an indication of your weaknesses, your inability to handle the truth, The truth is about to defeat you so you try to suffocate it.

Your enemy is not the truth but the illusion of the truth.

Finally, I conclude by quoting this famous saying:

"I never give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.