UN Applauds Terror Over Civilization

Discussion in 'World Events' started by mayagaia, Sep 21, 2006.

1. mayagaia Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yesterday was a day of infamy at the UN when the leaders of 160 unaligned nations warmly applauded a dictator who rallies his citizens to become suicide murderers of innocent men, women and children and trains and sponsors militia and terror cells to carry out such diabolical acts around the world...when China, Russia and France have become his allies along with megalomaniacal dictatorships like N. Korea and Venezuela, dedicated to the destruction of the United States...a defining moment for mankind to recognize and choose between civilization and terror...virtually ignored!

http://www.commondreams.org/views06/0716-21.htm
    CommonDreams.org: Me, Hugo and George- by Cindy Sheehan
    Providing some insight into the pathological ideology of the far-left, Sheehan professes she would rather have President Chavez- rather than George Bush as president of her country.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leopold Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

"pathological ideology of the far-left"

More bumpersticker republican playbook smearing of a patriotic American. I too would rather have Chavez than the criminal Bush!

(applause is not necessarily support)

It's better to have everyone at an international forum than not.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Then move!

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You move.

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Why I'm not the one unhappy here.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm not unhappy here, either. I just know Bush is probably the worst president ever. He is fortunately not a permanent fixture.

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

But surely you realize that the next president is not going to make any of the major changes that you want to see, right? My guess is that if one didn't watch the sensationalist newscasts, after the next election, one won't be able to tell any fuckin' differences in life in the USA.

So .....just what are you expecting from the next president, Spider? What miraculous changes will occur with just the change of president?

Baron Max

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Sanity. I don't think it's asking too much.

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

By whose definition, Spider? As you well know, some 40-50% are in agreement with President Bush's policies ...so they must think that there's sanity already.

Baron Max

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The Bush adminstration has made many changes to our nation and it's policies. They are trying to legalize torture and circumvent the Geneva Conventions, they tried to overturn Clinton's protection of roadless wilderness areas, and they created two new agencies, including the Office of Faith Based Initiatives (WTF?). They turned a surplus into a record debt, they violated the FISA, they interfered with the Terry Schaivo matter (!), they give no-bid contracts in Iraq to corporate cronies with no auditing and no investigations into war profiteering, they ignore global warming, they try to tie Iraq to 9.11, they probably outed a CIA agent for political reasons, they allow energy companies to write our energy policy, they failed after Katrina, they refuse to talk with Iran... the list goes on and on, so don't tell me a Democratic president would be the same.

The Neo-Con doctrine has been a complete failure, and in my opinion was hopelessly flawed from the beginning. Bush is unpopular, which means that most Americans do not support what he has been doing.

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Name something that he's done ....without the full approval of the congress.

Baron Max

16. leopold Valued Senior Member

have something against religion spider?
    if the ACLU can sue the piss out of churches for displaying the naivetivity scene then churches need all the help they can get.

17. leopold Valued Senior Member

to the best of my knowledge it is congress that declares war.
    i never heard congress declare war on iraq.

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, when they were voting, I guess you just weren't listening!

Baron Max

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Rubber stamp. That will change, too.

Kind of, but I don't think the fed. gov. has any place giving out money to churches. Besides, this was largely payback for their support of Bush. I thought conservatives liked smaller government. Meanwhile, Bush hasn't been very helpful to the poor. He wants to kill Social Security, and reduced college grants, outlawed a fair wage policy after Katrina...

I don't think anyone who doesn't believe in government should be in the government.

20. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Chavez is not American. Also we don't get to choose between Chavez or Bush. We have Bush, we support Bush. If you support Chavez you should move.

21. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Libertarians like smaller government, conservatives and progressives both like bigger government. Libertarians want a more efficient smaller government, and I agree that a smaller government is better. Why would you want a huge federal government?

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Clinton reduced the size of the federal government.

23. leopold Valued Senior Member

can you provide any evidence that congress declared war on iraq?
    besides your word that is.

spider
    religion is a tricky subject isn't it?
    there is a reason our founding fathers wantied the government to keep out of it.
    but when there are organizations like the ACLU you must admit our churches need help.