Ultimate LOTR Resource

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Nivao Ghost of Mirkwood Registered Senior Member

T-Shirt and Hat

Niudo

At http://www.lordoftherings.net they have shirts you can buy that say "frodo lives" on them, along with matching hats!

We MUST get your dad to throw some money at so we can GET THEM!!! Then, I was thinking, you could spend some more time at my house so my dad will like you, and then, maybe we can weasel you into the Circle Of Geeks (COG). And THAT- along with the glory- means that you MIGHT get out of school with me to see the premier of Return of the King! And we can wear the hats, and the shirts. And be.....

UBERGEEKS!!!

So, do you like the idea? Cause I DO!!!! CALL ME NOW!!!

~Nivao
    Ghost of Mirkwood

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wesmorrisbabe Ethusiastic bistander Registered Senior Member

Niv, what the f*** are you talking about? I can't figure out whether you're serious in your dislike for the LOTR movies or whether you're just being sarcastic. Either way, I'm a fan and I still find you to be funny.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I'm a self-recognized geek, a recent member. I disliked all sorts of science-fiction related material until just recently. My husband turned me on to it.

Now, I'm excited for the final LOTR movie to be released.

------

"Player haters don't let the player play. Dat shit aint rite yo." ---Wesmorris

"Now leaving the messy house of wes' wife... Gong!"

Last edited: Mar 27, 2003
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nivao Ghost of Mirkwood Registered Senior Member

Don't Worry, I'm A True Dork

I am IN LOVE with LOTR. I'm like one of the biggest fans of it in the universe. One of, mind you. I've seen Two Towers 45 times (sorry Niudo, i watched #45 w/out you, i had bronchitis, i was BORED, so sue me). My dad already calls me an ubergeek. Did you know that Superman was originally Ubermein? Hehe. Well, I think it's funny.

But, I am a true fan. I got out of school for the premier of #1, but it was a work thing when my dad saw #2 and wouldn't take me.

*tear*

Namarie

~Nivao
    Ghost of Mirkwood

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I loved the movie too, however, I find that number to be incredible. You may want to contact guiness, it is possible for you to have broken the world record

I saw it four or five times over the course of several weeks. I'd love to see it in the theaters again. I remember thinking, when seeing Gandalf battling the Balrog at the beginning, how much better it looked on a huge screen. I thought to myself yes, now I am home.

There's going to be an extra curricular club at my school next year, history of middle earth or something like that, however this asshole that everyone hates is taking it so I decided not to do so. I can live without it, in spite of how interesting it sounds.

Niudo, or Nivao...christ, your names are too similar...anyhoo, you mentioned earlier in this thread or another your interest to write a story regarding the elves of middle earth (it's too far back to quote directly). While writing is always cool, I would heartily suggest creating your own universe before publishing something. Otherwise, you're just making money and prestige for somebody else. I used to write star wars fiction, that's pretty much how I started writing, but I abandoned it when I figured that out. The elves are cool, but there are more ideas to be made into realities than there are grains of sand in a desert (or Near Harad, if you like).

Check your email, crimson-swedish-fish

8. Nivao Ghost of Mirkwood Registered Senior Member

We Were Going To Write In Honor Of LOTR

These books were going to be, like, in honor of Lord of the Rings. We would have gotten permission from Tolkien Enterprises and Everything.

Our Names:

Nivao Niudo Gee, I guess they do sound the same. My fault, I guess. I was the one that translated them into my language. Yes, my language. Pretty pathetic compared to J.R.R's many full languages. I just switched the sounds of letters around for english. Our names in my language sound the same because they sound the same in English. Sorry Niudo, I wasn't sure if you wanted to keep your identity a secret, but, who cares.

Katie Kaylie
    Nivao Niudo

Get it?

Namarie!

~Nivao
    Ghost of Mirkwood

9. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Maybe!

It's still the same thing. You're making money for someone else, and you're not being totally original. Plus, I'm not sure they'd let anyone outside Tolkien's family the ability to publish a book in his universe.

10. Nivao Ghost of Mirkwood Registered Senior Member

$$$

We weren't going to keep the money we made. (at least, I wasn't) I was going to let Tolkien Enterprises keep what money I got. Is that good enough for you?

Namarie

~Nivao
    Ghost of Mirkwood

11. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

Home At Last

Hey I just got back from spring break and money wasn't even the idea, Pollux. In fact you're almost being insulting.
    Almost, but not quite.
    So anyway... Nivao, what bloody thread was it in??? Ah well, just call me... Dad's thinking of getting me a mobe, buhbye pips... anyway, cheers. I must flee.
    Much love all,
    and by the way Pollux I thought you were only like 15 so how do you know so much more than me,
    cheers.

Niudo

12. Nivao Ghost of Mirkwood Registered Senior Member

I'm Looking

I forget what thread that paticular comment was in, Niudo.

I'M LOOKING.

Besides my temp. was 104 at the time, and I wasn't thinking clearly. Actually, 104 isn't really a big deal. My record is 105.4. That was a good year.

Namarie

~Nivao
    Ghost of Mirkwood

13. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Nope. Because you still don't have a completely original (or mostly original) idea. Plus, it just proves that you're making money for Tolkien instead of yourself. Why not abandon Middle Earth and build your own universe from scratch, and attempt to make it better than what Tolkien did, eh?

In another thread I mentioned my paralyzing intelligence I believe...

14. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

Then You Must Not Move Much

I mean, if your intelligence is bloody paralyzing and all and yes I do realize I am being fairly cynical but still I'm not a complete idiot and I've built plenty of universes but would you know HarperCollins rejected them?

Of course, this was before I found that little bit that they, what was it then, don't accept unsolicited publications, but whatever.

It's fun to be original and believe me we bloody are original, how many people do you know who paint FRODO LIVES on a tree, but er that's just an example we didn't actually do that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that as brilliant as you fancy yourself being, you're a bit mistaken because I do like being original and I am original, but this particular storyline was just something we were looking into, and I didn't want money I just wanted to write isn't that what we all want, well freaks like myself anyway, but thanks for your contribution and your comments will be considered. And v. possibly ignored- after all, I'm nearly getting pathetic, er I am but still. Do you know how hard it is to not have a life when you don't have the proper tools to not have a life? It's bloody hard, like trying to survive in the mountains when you don't have a mountain and all, you know?

Er well yes, that's about it, but I'm not trying to say I don't care what you think even though you're only about 15 if you don't lie, which is something I tend to do when I'm bored, I'm just saying I need something utterly pathetic like writing something about Middle-earth to do otherwise I'll be forced to have a life and who wants that?

Ah well, I think I've got heat poisoning, so don't mind me. Cheers!

[n][d][o]

Ghost of Mirkwood

15. Nivao Ghost of Mirkwood Registered Senior Member

Go Nivao

Yes, Pollux V, we are original, and trust me, if you were ever to even meet us, you would understand us. Well, maybe not understand us. But, you'd believe that we were original.

Namarie

~Nivao
    Ghost of Mirkwood

16. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

Yeah, we bloody wrote a television show... SpongeBob of the future...
    There's a universe.

Like Niv said, no WAY would you understand US, but maybe you'd understand a little more than you do now. [hint: you are very confused.]

17. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

It's actually somewhat of a joke. I pretend to be an asshole because it's that much fun to do so.

I'm somewhat of a writer too--and I understand. However, I just want to say that your time could have been spent better on projects that might be more lucrative in the future.

Are you trying to say that you don't like having a life? I didn't have a life for most of my life, however, when I got to High School all that changed.

Me. I like hanging out with people. I like talking to people. And I enjoy the company of others. Yet, with all of this, I still have time to write here and in my various projects.

Don't be so sure.

18. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

I Get It

Ah, yes, the joys of being an incompetent fool. I love it too. But still- I like being obnoxious. Much like yourself.

And by having a life- well, I quite obviously have one, alongside friends- I have plenty- but by not having a life I mean obsessing over pointless things and living at my computer and drinking way too much Mr Pibb. And by not being some kind of weirdo- like 'Bill the Pony'- who merely thinks he has a life.

Sure, talking with people is fun, but I'd much rather make myself out to be an idiot during my study halls in random threads.

So cheers!

niudo
    ghost of mirkwood

19. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

Oh yeah, Pollux, about that lucrative thing.

Have you been listening? No? Okay. Well, here's what I'm saying. I spend half my life writing and I've written plenty of more lucrative things but I need a break from all that bloody lucrativity.

Yes, I am aware that destroying the English language to the best of my current abilities. But study hall's nearly over so I'm gonna have to go.

Cheers!

20. Nivao Ghost of Mirkwood Registered Senior Member

Trust Me

Niudo can come up with very unique story ideas, and carry them out for a very long time. This LOTR idea was partly my responsibility and would really have been for fun. I mean, indulging in one's fantasies (i.e. living in middle-earth) can be taken down to a somewhat sane level if you just write about it. Right?

But of course, Niudo and myself do much more that just write about Middle-Earth. But, who wants to get into that, other that me?

Namarie

~Nivao
    Ghost of Mirkwood

21. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

Er possibly the tree by chance, Niv-ryhmes-with-Liv. But just a guess.

Of course, by 'tree', I'm speaking... hypothetically...

22. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

post 101:

Oh, and Nivvie, sorry. Thanks for my compliment. I greatly appreciate it, really I do.

23. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Admitting the problem is the first step

I don't see the point in that...

I've been writing since I was eight or nine...and you're a bit younger than me. I don't see the point in writing unless it is lucrative and fulfilling.

I love the english language. Quite possibly the most beautiful, and most powerful. It's the language of the future, you know!

I hope you don't mind my asking, but you and Nivao live in Britain, correct?

I can't remember exactly when I decided to start a new project, the one that I'm working on now, and have been drafting for at least a year, probably two. You can see an exerpt of it, and of my other writings, at my website... What is your definition of a long time?

You've kindled my interest